If you build it... (IC)

Breella

The vines drooped a little, like a scolded child and then released Zach.

But I'll tell you. In private. Meet me by the old tree after we're done building the greenhouse.

Did it AGAIN! they chirped and began their chorus of HHHEEELLLLLLOOO, are you still there? in Gwen's head a gain. The vines eased back towards Gwen slowly. Gwen shook her head, trying to dig through the mental confusion. She tried to nod her head in agreement but the lightheadedness took her over. Gwen's body went limp, she slumped to the ground only semi-conscious.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brian's heart rate rocketed as Gwen fell to the ground. He crouched next to her, calling her name over and over again. He glared up at Zach briefly. "If you did something to her," he muttered darkly, before returning to his examination. Training from Boy Scouts took over; he checked her pulse at her wrist and neck, felt her forehead, held his hand in front of her mouth to check her breathing. He might not have super-healing powers, but he wasn't useless in this regard.

Zachary froze.

Brian's heart rate rocketed as Gwen fell to the ground. He crouched next to her, calling her name over and over again. He glared up at Zach briefly. "If you did something to her," he muttered darkly, before returning to his examination.

He had. He had done something to her. That was the terrible truth of it. It hadn't been intentional, but it had happened. He had no idea his powers might have had this kind of effect. Perhaps human minds were more fragile than that of the Tektani; Her mind couldn't take the transmission... No. Zach thought, The transmission is harmless. The doctors told us that. It doesn't cross language barriers, but then I sent that message in English. She received it. This wasn't my fault. Zach's eyes narrowed.

"I didn't do this." His eyes shot upward. He winced and shaded his vision against the sky even as he looked up at the blazing sun. "Damn Sun! Must be the heat!" Without warning, Zach shot off like a cannon into the air. He flew to the refreshment table, retrieved two bottles of water and flew back to where Gwen had fallen.

Jeena, Gwen just passed out!

Zach hit the ground hard, kneeling next to the fallen girl. He tore the top off the first bottle spilling a great deal of water, but opening a wide mouth. He laid one of the wilting vines in the cool liquid. Everything he'd read about earth plants told him they couldn't survive without water. If Gwen's vines were at all similar, perhaps this could help. He unscrewed the cap on the other bottle, "Gwen, I've got water. Can you drink?"

Gwen's skin was hot, hotter than it should be, and her pulse was strong but fast. Her palms were dry, and he noticed the leaves on her vines were browning at the edges. Brian say back on his heels and wiped his forehead. "I think she's just overheated," he said, "but we shouldn't take any chances." He glanced around and noticed his roommate was hanging his head. Brian put his fingers in his mouth and let go with an ear-splitting whistle. "Morgan!" He pointed at the ground near them; in a flash the hero-in-training was standing over them all. "She needs to get to the nurse's station," he said, helping Gwen stand. He draped one of her arms over his friend's shoulder, then stepped away and slapped him on the back. "Go man, go."

Morgan was over in a heartbeat, familiar with that particular tone of Brian's voice; it usually indicated one of three things, genuine panic, heroism in the offing, or complete disaster. Checking her pulse and forehead himself, he let his roommate drape the young girl over his shoulders before nodding his head.

"Probably dehydration; someone get your ass over to the cafeteria and bring some bottles to the infimary, alright? She'll have a mammoth headache when she wakes up, aspirin and water'll be the best option."

He winked at Brian, gave a nod to Zach, and a very apologetic look to Corbin. Then the space where he and Gwen were standing was suddenly empty; a breeze ruffling the clothes of the other students as he simply vanished.

"I don't know about outlets but I know a place nearby most of the student body has gone to for stuff," Vicky said. "Maybe next week we can gather up Gwen and possibly my roommate, Janis, for a girl's night out of shopping."

While they were talking by the gate, a beat up late '90s car pulled up to the gate, the delivery boy loaded down with boxes. The girls thanked him and watched him pull away before turning back with the food in hand. "This is good, aside from the skirt, there are a few other clothing items I'd like to pick up, not all of which I can order online like I usually do."

"I don't know about outlets but I know a place nearby most of the student body has gone to for stuff," Vicky said. "Maybe next week we can gather up Gwen and possibly my roommate, Janis, for a girl's night out of shopping."

"This is good, aside from the skirt, there are a few other clothing items I'd like to pick up, not all of which I can order online like I usually do."

The Tektani girl nodded enthusiastically. "That sounds great! Can we go later in the day, or after dark?" She gestured towards her eyes. "It would be a lot easier for me."

Jeena, Gwen just passed out!

Suddenly Jeena's head snapped around to look over at the commotion a few hundred feet away; there was an edge in her voice that seemed to come out of nowhere. "Something's wrong with Gwen, she just passed out." Shooting up to fifteen feet tall, she easily grabbed all the pizzas as she pointed across the quad. "I've got these, make sure she's alright!"

I'm sending Vicky over; what happened, Zach? Is she okay?

Brian stepped back from the scene and buried his face in his hands, breathing deeply. The crises had passed, but the adrenaline was still pumping through his system, and without a fight or another target to direct it against it was leaving him feeling weak in the knees and oddly cold. He dropped his hands and the first thing he saw was Zach, standing over where Gwen had been moments before. Brian's hands formed into fists almost by their own volition -- he stepped forward and grabbed the other teen by his shirt. "What did you do to her," he demanded through clenched teeth. "She was fine, then you did something to her!"

One moment, Zach was trying to feed Gwen some water. The next, he watched as Brian pulled her away, bodily, and thrust her upon Morgan. The teen's magic caused him to vanish before Zach could get a word in edgewise. He'd had the water. The problem had been solved. Yet his chance at fixed the problem he'd created had just vanished into thin air, literally.

A feeling welled up inside Zach he hadn't felt in a few months time. Suddenly, he was back on Tektan, cloaked in his resistance uniform. A nearby tunnel collapsed, and Zach rolled out of the way. Some of his companions hadn't been so lucky, though. A glance told him they'd been crushed by the falling rock. Slowly, he set his sights down the tunnel. There stood a deployment of the Drones the Star Khan had created. They held the destabilizer rifles that they used to collapse cave tunnels. He felt the cold fury well up inside him, as if he'd just lost his friends all over again.

The images whisked away, his thoughts banished by a message from his sister jolting him back to the present,

I'm sending Vicky over; what happened, Zach? Is she okay?
but the anger from seeing his fallen comrades remained.

She won't get here in time. Brian, here, has already handled things. Done a good job botching them too.

In place of the Drones he'd been staring at, there was only Brian. His enemy had made the first gambit; He was winning. Zach remembered what Brian had told him...

"I'll step up to any bar you want to set, but fair warning, man -- I've got four pairs of eyes looking out for me. And four sets of hands working to help me. You might wake up one day to find that your room doesn't have a door anymore."

Well, if it was a war he wanted, it was a war he would get. Zach was all set to let the boy have it, when Brian beat him to the punch again.

Brian's hands formed into fists almost by their own volition -- he stepped forward and grabbed the other teen by his shirt. "What did you do to her," he demanded through clenched teeth. "She was fine, then you did something to her!"

Better deliver those pizza's fast, Sis. I might need some backup.

"Oh no. I don't think so." Zachary's voice was cold and low. He pulled the tinted sunglasses from his face, and for a split second his retinas were on fire with the sun's fury. Zach didn't care, he wanted Brian to see his face. His eye bored directly into the other teen's face. His expression hardened. But Zach did not raise his voice above a whisper. He recognized the slippery slope he was standing on and did his best to back away. Still, his hushed words had more than a touch of acid to them, "What did I do? I tried to help her. You on the other hand were busy over reacting. She was overheated. She doesn't need a nurse. She needed a drink. Don't go all acting high and mighty. What Gwen needs is help, not showboating, and certainly not us fighting over her," Zach's eyes strayed to Brian's hands crumpling up the scruff of his shirt, "I didn't hurt her. Why would I? I like her. Trust me. This is not a fight you want to start." Zach's eyes bored into Brian's.

Vicky appeared behind the two in a puff of smoke. Zachary stared into Brian's eyes for another second, then his shifted around his molecules. Zach was suddenly no longer solid. Brian's grasping hands passed right through him. "Vicky," Zach said, as cheerful as possible, "Morgan's already taken Gwen to the nurse. Can you take me there? I'd like to see if she's okay." He raised the bottle of water that he still held in his hand, shook it gently, "If that's okay with Brian, that is." He eyed the other boy warily.

"THAT'S ENOUGH!!!"

The voice bellowed from seemingly nowhere, and suddenly, there was a miniature mountain of blue metallic armor between the two teens. When they looked up, it became obvious it was Corbin, clad in his costume (minus cape, mask, and helmet), and he was clearly angry. He held a hand in front of each of the teens as he spoke next, his voice rumbling out.

"Both of you stand. The γέεννα. DOWN."

He turned his attention to Brian first.

"Brian, you need to calm down. I was just over at the drink table. Zach didn't do anything. Stop and think about it. Or if he did, it clearly wasn't intentional. But Gwen was the one who wrapped vines around him. So there's likely equal shares of "blame", or as much as you can blame anyone when we're all still working on developing our powers."

Before Brian could speak, he was facing Corbin's hand, and Corbin was looking Zach in the eye.

"Zach, yes? You need to back down. You're both showboating. Get off your bloody high horse for a second. Brian was correct to "overreact". It's better to take her to the nurse and her not need it, than for us to brush it off. Stop and think; we're all here because our bodies aren't quite human norm in some way or another."

He stopped and tilted his head to the side.

"Or we've got nifty toys that let us simulate that...anyways. The point is, it's better to be safe than sorry. So back off on that. And there's no need for you to take this-"

He nabbed the water bottle from the younger boy's hand.

"-to Gwen. Since you're not going to the nurse's office."

He lowered his hands and stepped back from the two boys.

"I'm not going to make you two shake hands. But here's the deal; you two get over there and get back to working on the greenhouse, or I go to the Headmaster. Possibly dragging both of you by the scruff of your necks."

Without looking, he called over to the teleporting girlfriend of Morgan.

"Vicky, go check on Morgan and Gwen, then let us know where things stand. Everyone else, take 5 and get some liquids, then we're back to work. We're not leaving this job half-done."

His tone was one of command, rather than request. Mostly because the large senior feared what might happen if someone didn't take charge.

Vicky raised an eyebrow wondering how Jeena knew but rather than waste time, took the girl at her word. She handed the other girl the pizza boxes, which now looked like postage stamps in her hands and vanished in a small cloud of smoke.

She reappeared and stepped between the two boys after she saw they were ready to come to blows. "Gentlemen..., what seems to be the problem?" After hearing Zach's comment she pinched the bridge of her nose, like she was trying to stop a headache from forming. "You're both right. Yes, Zach, Gwen could have certainly used some water, and it may have just been simple dehydration. But Brian was right to get her to the nurse in case it was something more severe." Her voice became a bit harder as she spoke her next sentence, "Now, both of you, throttle back on the testosterone! Before I make you both walk an extra football field to get to the office."

She was about to offer them both a lift when Corbin's voice rang out, his usual warmth devoid from the words. Suddenly with the wind taken out of her own sails, she nodded and said, "Back in a minute."

Cole blinked just once, taking the sudden commotion in along with everyone scurrying about and acting rather odd. He recognized a couple of them but there were quite a few he didn't. He really needed to get out of his workshop more often apparently given the faces he didn't recognize, the plethora of activities going on, not to mention the drama apparently. Well, he could skip the drama actually. Cute girls and fun were great and all; but he could happily skip the drama. He just didn't get it anyway; too confusing.

"Not that I wish to intrude upon...well, whatever is going on, but can I be of some assistance?"

She won't get here in time. Brian, here, has already handled things. Done a good job botching them too.

Jeena didn't like the sound of that at all; it was clear from the tone of Zach's sending that he was extremely upset, and the mention of Brian suggested it was somehow all tied together with his pursuit of Gwen. The Tektani girl rubbed her face; perhaps she should've waited a little while before she decided to play matchmaker, say until after she had some understanding of human relationships?

Better deliver those pizza's fast, Sis. I might need some backup.

Now she was genuinely alarmed. Wait, what? What's going on over there, Zach? I'll be right-

"THAT'S ENOUGH!!!"

Corbin's transformation and angry bellow hit Jeena like a slap in the face; even at her current massive size she could sense the young man's power, and knew to respect it. It seemed like respecting her fellow students was the theme of the day. As discreetly as a fifteen foot girl can, she edged back over to the construction site, her huge pale blue eyes darting between the three boys at the heart of the conflict.

"Vicky, go check on Morgan and Gwen, then let us know where things stand. Everyone else, take 5 and get some liquids, then we're back to work. We're not leaving this job half-done."

Once back at the drinks table, she carefully placed the pizza boxes on the table and resumed her normal size, waiting for her brother to join her.

Are you okay, Zach?

"Not that I wish to intrude upon...well, whatever is going on, but can I be of some assistance?"

The pretty pale-skinned girl with the white hair noted the new arrival; another cute boy to add to the mix. Talking out the side of her mouth, she indicated the pizzas she'd just delivered with a jerk of her head. "Right now, I'd suggest grabbing a slice and keeping your head down." She lowered her sunglasses and gave him a friendly smile. "I'm Jeena, by the way; welcome to the field of combat!"

When Corbin appeared between them, roaring, Zach had another flashback. This time, it was of his drill seargent, getting the special forces squad he and his sister had been a part of in line. He recognized immediately that Corbin was a man worth listening to. It didn't help that he was a Claremont senior. Everything he'd read on Earth High School dynamics told him to watch out for and respect the seniors, lest he regret the consequences.

"Zach, yes? You need to back down. You're both showboating. Get off your bloody high horse for a second. Brian was correct to "overreact". It's better to take her to the nurse and her not need it, than for us to brush it off. Stop and think; we're all here because our bodies aren't quite human norm in some way or another."

He stopped and tilted his head to the side.

"Or we've got nifty toys that let us simulate that...anyways. The point is, it's better to be safe than sorry. So back off on that. And there's no need for you to take this-"

He nabbed the water bottle from the younger boy's hand.

"-to Gwen. Since you're not going to the nurse's office."

Zach looked a little indignant, "Yea, you're right. You didn't need to snatch the bottle away, though. I could have handed it to you." He leaned to the side, so that he could see Brian around Corbin's large form. "I'm sorry, okay?" He lingered for a moment longer, his eyes moving between the other two boys, then turned on his heel and walked toward the refreshment table, replacing his sunglasses over his eyes, thankful for their protection from the light once more.

Are you okay, Zach?

I don't know, little sister, I'm very confused. He sent back, even as he walked up next to her. The two often held private conversations over their mental link, even while nearby. Thankfully, everything they'd read on twins born to humans suggested that many suspect such siblings of sharing strange bonds that make them capable of having entire, silent, conversations with just a few looks. So thankfully, their silent conversations had some form of cover, I try to help Gwen, and I get assaulted for it. he sent. Zach busied himself laying down a paper plate and throwing open the top pizza box. He quickly ripped two slices from the pie and thrust them onto the plate. His temper was short, and his actions displayed that quite well, I try to defend myself without resorting to blows, and I get chastised for it. He unscrewed the cap of a 2-liter soda bottle and hurriedly poured some in a cup, spilling some of it on the table in his haste, Earth is indeed a very strange place. And here I thought I was beginning to get this 'school' thing.

"Right now, I'd suggest grabbing a slice and keeping your head down." She lowered her sunglasses and gave him a friendly smile. "I'm Jeena, by the way; welcome to the field of combat!"

Zach lifted the plate of pizza to his chin and greeted the newcomer, "Hi. I'm Zach. My sister's probably right. I don't think I want to be involved in that anymore." He bit off a large portion of the front of his slice of pizza. Zach recoiled sharply, nearly loosing his sunglasses. His eyes immediately went wide and started tearing, "Hot!" he managed to gasp, waving his hand in front of his open mouth, "Ow! Ow! Ow!" He dropped the plate of pizza to the table, and began to chug down the cup of soda he'd poured.

I do not think that I like Earth's Cheese, Sis! The humans have a terrible habit of cooking it far to hot! Why?! Why is that necessary?! The sending to his sister was more lighthearted than his last. It seemed the shock of the hot food must have jolted him out of his foul mood.

As Zach slipped out of his grasp, Brian stepped forward, eyes shining with a sudden cold light. He felt his power rising inside of him, prodded higher and higher by every one of Zach's needling comments. If Corbin hadn't stepped in, there might've been a very bad outburst. As it was Brian forced himself to take several steps back and breath deeply. She's okay, he reminded himself. She's at the nurse's office, Morgan's with her, she'll be okay. He looked up and caught Zach's eye for a moment before letting his gaze slide to the side. "Right. We're... right."

He waited until Zach was firmly ensconced at the snack table before making his way to where the paving stones were piled, cutting a wide angle around the other teen. He held out his hands and the huge, flat stones lifted into the air one after another, settling down in front of the greenhouse like a jigsaw, making a curving path to connect to the other myriad footpaths that crisscrossed the campus. A casual observer might have decided that the teen had dropped the entire matter as easily as that, but a closer inspection revealed that for a lie. The way he stood, the way he hunched his shoulders, even the way he concentrated on the menial job to the exclusion of everything else, spoke of the tension he was still feeling.

Corbin's own stomach rumbled a bit, so he went to procure some pizza. He repressed the urge to sigh when he realized Zach had simply gone to eat, rather than heading over to the greenhouse.

'Should have expected it. I'm not really an authority figure in his eyes. Guess I'll just keep my eyes open for trouble. Hm.'

He looked toward Brian with a frown. He at least seemd to realize he'd made a mistake. Corbin took a couple more large bites, finishing off this slice, before grabbing a piece of cheese pizza and a piece of pepperoni, putting them on a plate, and walking over to Brian as he worked. He offered the other teen the plate.

"Here. Probably bad to go too long without eating when you have to burn that energy yourself, rather than using a nifty shortcut like me."

His tone wasn't quite friendly, but it wasn't chastising, either.

"Sorry I bellowed. Not sorry I intervened, but sorry I bellowed. For what it's worth, I understand, at least a bit, that you'd get upset right then. Just chalk it up as something to avoid for the future, hm?"

Once the other teen had taken his pizza, Corbin would walk back to get himself another plate. He was still hungry. He arrived just as Zach was dropping his pizza and chugging. He let a smirk cross his face.

"Don't let the pizza get the better of you, Zach. You're higher on the food chain."

A breeze ruffled Corbin, Zach, Jeena, and Cole's hair as they stood around the food table, and Morgan stepped out from behind them. Giving a far more amiable (as well as apologetic) look to Jeena, he piled two plates high with pizza and collected a couple of bottles of energy drinks, juggling the load until he could drop the two bottles into his pockets and regain his grip on the plates. He raised his voice to ensure the others by the greenhouse frame could hear;

"S'ok, Gwen's alright! She's a bit dizzy, but otherwise just hungry and thirsty as heck; I'm bringing this stuff back for her. Lessee, what else...oh yeah, she says find the caulk guns and put the windows in! Vicky, if you want to grab a couple slices for yourself, Gwen wants to see you too."

He nodded at everyone, then spun on his heel. By the time his face would have come around to them, another breeze was ruffling clothing and he'd simply vanished.

I don't know, little sister, I'm very confused. He sent back, even as he walked up next to her. The two often held private conversations over their mental link, even while nearby. Thankfully, everything they'd read on twins born to humans suggested that many suspect such siblings of sharing strange bonds that make them capable of having entire, silent, conversations with just a few looks. So thankfully, their silent conversations had some form of cover, I try to help Gwen, and I get assaulted for it. he sent. Zach busied himself laying down a paper plate and throwing open the top pizza box. He quickly ripped two slices from the pie and thrust them onto the plate. His temper was short, and his actions displayed that quite well, I try to defend myself without resorting to blows, and I get chastised for it. He unscrewed the cap of a 2-liter soda bottle and hurriedly poured some in a cup, spilling some of it on the table in his haste, Earth is indeed a very strange place. And here I thought I was beginning to get this 'school' thing.

Jeena frowned as Zach explained his side of things; she hadn't been there for most of it, so she had to take his word for it. Maybe you and Brian should avoid each other for a while; at this point, you'll probably just get into a fight. And it sounds like he chastised both of you pretty equally; I think Corbin wanted to keep you guys from hitting each other on school grounds.

I do not think that I like Earth's Cheese, Sis! The humans have a terrible habit of cooking it far to hot! Why?! Why is that necessary?!

At this point, Zach's sister laughed out loud, mostly out of relief that some of the tension was broken, even if it was at her poor brother's expense. She sent him a teasing reply as she gently blew on her slice as she'd seen others do.

Maybe you should avoid cheese, too; it seems to be your real worst enemy on this planet!

"Don't let the pizza get the better of you, Zach. You're higher on the food chain."

With Corbin so close by, Jeena felt the need to explain her earlier behavior. "I want to, uh, apologize to you, Corbin, for what I did earlier; I didn't know you were in a relationship and it wasn't appropriate."

"S'ok, Gwen's alright! She's a bit dizzy, but otherwise just hungry and thirsty as heck; I'm bringing this stuff back for her. Lessee, what else...oh yeah, she says find the caulk guns and put the windows in! Vicky, if you want to grab a couple slices for yourself, Gwen wants to see you too."

The pale-skinned girl visibly sighed with relief. "That is good to hear; it seems she was so busy reminding us to eat and drink that the poor girl forgot to do so herself! Such is the perilous life of the hostess!"

Vicky reappeared in her usual smokey cloud just down the hall from the nurse's office. Thankfully the hallway was completely empty as she walked the last few yards to the office. She knocked on the door before opening it and walking into the waiting area of Nurse Agetha Joy. As she stepped in, she felt a minor disturbance similar to Crow's coat teleporting him away. Shrugging it off she stood by the desk, "Nurse Joy? Uh, hi. Morgan Crowe just dropped a student off, Corbin Hughes asked me to check in on her."

GM

Nurse Joy sat at a desk, looking over a pile of paperwork, her pen scratching notes here and there. She didn't seem to notice Vicky come in.

"Nurse Joy? Uh, hi. Morgan Crowe just dropped a student off, Corbin Hughes asked me to check in on her."

She lifted up her head and peered over small glasses to look over at Vicky from across the desk. "She's just over there, behind that white curtain. I assume you're the student taking her back to her dorm room?" Nurse Joy didn't wait for Vicky's response, she seemed to keep writing her notes while speaking. "She's dehydrated, and her poor vines are wilted as well. She'll need plenty of fluids and electrolytes over the next few hours. She keeps rambling on about the greenhouse..." the woman pursed her lips and seemed to consider something for a moment. "If she MUST continue its to be in a supervisory manner only! She is to stay in the shade and hydrated at all times. She's all yours." The woman didn't look happy at the idea at all. Before Vicky could take Gwen though the nurse cleared her throat. "I want to see her back here tomorrow to check on her and the vines."

Vicky nodded to the nurse and stepped over to Gwen. "You heard her Gwen, you're down for the day. Let's get you back to your room," the young teleporter said before picking the chloropath up as if she was no more cumbersome than a basket of laundry. At the girl's sudden surge of energy into her expression, all in the form of pure terror she shook her head. "No, given your condition and your... well abject fear of my teleports I'm not going to try it. However, you aren't walking back either."

Once they'd gotten Gwen settled into bed back at her dorm room, Vicky patted the other girl's shoulder. "Wait here, I'll be right back with a couple bottles of Gatorade and a bunch of pizza." About five minutes later, she had informed the rest of the crew what was going on and how Gwen was to take it extremely easy for the next day or so before returning with the promised sustenance. "Drink up, Corbin seems to have the foreman duties covered for now. For now, you're on bedrest. If in half an hour you feel better, you can come back out and keep an eye on things," Vicky ordered, her voice carrying almost as much authority as Nurse Joy's had.

Cole nodded to the attractive girl and her brother, if he had to guess given the resemblance and the young man's words, with a smile as he reached for a piece of pizza. "Nice to meet you. I'm Cole." He took a bit with a chuckle and shook his head. "And why should I keep my head down? I got here just as the yelling started; I wasn't involved. I'm guessing you two are new here? I only got here about 2 months ago myself. Apparently I need to get out more," he added with a smile.

He wasn't the most socially adept person given his rather limited knowledge and experience with the subject but even he could tell there was some friction going on. The big fellow who had done the yelling (not that he could blame him given how rapidly things had been deteriorating when Cole had arrived) seemed content to ignore him. Cole shrugged and looked around. "So, from the supplies and current set up you guys are trying to build a...greenhouse?" he asked curiously.

Once the other teen had taken his pizza, Corbin would walk back to get himself another plate. He was still hungry. He arrived just as Zach was dropping his pizza and chugging. He let a smirk cross his face.

That comment made Zach smile. "You're right! I'm going to show this thing who's boss!" He said after putting the cup of soda back on the table. He began blowing fiercely on the slice. Before he took another bite he addressed Corbin, "Sorry if it seems I wasn't listening to you. But Brian's the one that grabbed me." under his breath he added, "Though I can't say I wasn't at least thinking of doing the same after he practically shoved me out of the way when trying to help Gwen," before continuing in a normal voice, "I just thought that going to work right next to him after that might not be the best idea. I'm afraid he'll say something that's just going to get me angry." Zach shook his head. It was a messy situation. He'd sooner be done with the whole thing. Too bad he couldn't just drop his affections for Gwen. "I'll get back to it as soon as I'm done eating. Maybe put up those windows Crow mentioned."

"Nice to meet you. I'm Cole." He took a bit with a chuckle and shook his head. "And why should I keep my head down? I got here just as the yelling started; I wasn't involved. I'm guessing you two are new here? I only got here about 2 months ago myself. Apparently I need to get out more," he added with a smile.

"Two months? Try like two days. And I don't know," He motioned with his free hand between himself and his sister, "We're just not really sure how it 'works' here yet."

"Greenhouse is correct," Zach explained the state of affairs, "The girl that passed out is a... Chloropath? I think that's what someone called it. She pushed for the installation of this thing, and I suppose Summers thought it would be a nice addition to the grounds. Though I'm pretty sure the free labor must have sweetened the pot." Zach added with a smile.

Shame there aren't any Tektani masons on staff. This thing would have been up hours ago. Been twice as strong too.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Cole." He took a bit with a chuckle and shook his head. "And why should I keep my head down? I got here just as the yelling started; I wasn't involved. I'm guessing you two are new here? I only got here about 2 months ago myself. Apparently I need to get out more,"

Jeena shook her head. "Nah, Cole, see the outdoors is overrated; sunlight, trees, conflict between young males over desirable females...all of it's bad news." She gave Zach a playful nudge, then pointed at the handsome new arrival with her pizza slice for emphasis. "The future is in cave-dwelling." She shrugged as she made ready to take another bite. "It's what all the cool kids are doing."

"Sorry if it seems I wasn't listening to you. But Brian's the one that grabbed me." under his breath he added, "Though I can't say I wasn't at least thinking of doing the same after he practically shoved me out of the way when trying to help Gwen," before continuing in a normal voice, "I just thought that going to work right next to him after that might not be the best idea. I'm afraid he'll say something that's just going to get me angry."

Jeena reached out to rub her brother's arm affectionately. He was being overprotective of his girlfriend, or so he feels; clearly he thinks he's marked his territory and he's going to fight for her. I know you like her and you're not going to give up so easily, but maybe try another approach? Charm her, be there for her when Brian can't; then let her decide on her own, and be okay with it if she doesn't chose you.

Shame there aren't any Tektani masons on staff. This thing would have been up hours ago. Been twice as strong too.

The Tektani girl smiled around a mouthful of pizza. And be able to sustain a seismic bombardment for hours! Hey, maybe they'll let us dig some defensive tunnels under the campus! That could be our project!

Jeena reached out to rub her brother's arm affectionately. He was being overprotective of his girlfriend, or so he feels; clearly he thinks he's marked his territory and he's going to fight for her. I know you like her and you're not going to give up so easily, but maybe try another approach? Charm her, be there for her when Brian can't; then let her decide on her own, and be okay with it if she doesn't chose you.

The silent conversation continued between the twins as Zach responded, All wonderful ideas, O Smart One. Though as it happens, I may already have stumbled onto them by myself. We'll have to see whether or not Gwen still feels like showing up tonight. Zach raised his chin a little, swelling with pride.

The Tektani girl smiled around a mouthful of pizza. And be able to sustain a seismic bombardment for hours! Hey, maybe they'll let us dig some defensive tunnels under the campus! That could be our project!

Now Zach's expression was a mixture of worry, and unease, I'm not so sure that Duncan Summers would be so keen on us placing tunnels under the structure of his school.

"No lie," Zach piped up, finally contributing to the audible conversation, "Subterranean habitation is the new way to beat the heat this summer. Frankly, it's the new black."