Threads for Gabriel

Gabriel needs threads rather strongly; he's nearly to silver, but various factors mean I'm not getting much action with him.

One thing that comes to mind is that I'd really like to get him on the Freedom League. There was talk of other PCs helping form a group of 5 or more FL'ers.

Other than that...I'm pretty open to ideas.

Hmmm... a thread which puts hardshell atheist Jubatus together with a Divinely-powered dude like Gabriel could have some interesting character interactions. Granted, this sort of thing could easily degenerate into a mess that wouldn't be at all fun (nor suitable for FC!), but as long as all involved players are aware of this risk and try to avoid it, I think it should be doable.

Hmmm... a thread which puts hardshell atheist Jubatus together with a Divinely-powered dude like Gabriel could have some interesting character interactions. Granted, this sort of thing could easily degenerate into a mess that wouldn't be at all fun (nor suitable for FC!), but as long as all involved players are aware of this risk and try to avoid it, I think it should be doable.

Gabriel, by default, plays nice. So it really depends on how hardshell your naytheist is when dealing with the guy who took an adventure into Heaven to forge his armor and spear. ;)

Tendril, Quote: I guess the question becomes: What sort of thread would you like to do? I have a bit of rough experience running fights, so I could do a bit of combat.

Also, Quote, whichever character you think fits better, I guess.

Same question goes to Cubist, really. Unless you all feel like being in one thread. If so, that's my limit; more than 4 PCs would be a bit too much. :?

Possible threat for the characters to deal with: Some nutbar cultist is tryna create "heaven on earth" by means of a high-end computer system which has been specially enchanted and blessed. That is, this dude is trying to combine Technology and Magic and Divine Power together, and they don't realize how horribly bad an idea it truly is... Dude's plan is to basically digitize every living thing on Earth and import them all into (what the dude believes will be) a cyber-Paradise, where nothing bad can ever happen again. Of course, this plan has some massive problems, which the nutbar is either sincerely unaware of, or else massively in denial of. And even if it actually does work as designed, there's a gaping flaw in the plan: Namely, who's going to do maintenance on the physical instrument which contains this pseudo-Heaven?

Possible threat: A jumped-up con artist with mind-altering powers whose current scam has him presenting himself as a 'man of God' and bilking his followers out of mass quantities of cash. This idea's somewhat iffy -- we don't want to get into a Bash All Religions deal -- but seeing as how we'll have Gabriel to throw a spotlight on Religion Done Right, it should be doable.

I can do some combat.

Blueshift and MAC are strictly support role characters. That may not be best if your running strictly combat. Or it could be just what you need, that depends. But I'd like to believe that their set up and assist abilities are some of the best around.

Ferros on the other hand acts like a cannon, and becomes even more effective when there's a lot of metal around. In a city, that's not really hard to come by. He also has much less combat experience in general.

So I would be perfectly willing to run either of them. But I'll default to Blueshift as she's my main character and has less threads right now.

I highly suggest tweaking some of the builds in either Instant Superheroes, Geez3r's or AA's thread. That's usually the best way to run combats here. You don't have to seek approval for the custom characters you want to run, etc etc.

Your other good option is seeing if there are any villains approved in the character bank that you might want to run. They could be closer to the PL you want etc.

Other suggestions I have, is to either pick one combatant with each participating character in mind, or to have one powerful bad guy supported by less powerful ones (which mirrors the PL 13/11/10 set we've got going, especially since Blueshift's Offensive capabilities are rather limited). That way, it'll all but force us to have to fall in behind Gabriel and using him as a spear head to win the victory, if he's really the only one that can effectively cause damage, etc. (Just try and make sure it doesn't make the other character's seem too useless. They should still be DOING things ;) )

So my first choice is Blueshift, Second is Ferros (at your discretion).

Possible threat for the characters to deal with: Some nutbar cultist is tryna create "heaven on earth" by means of a high-end computer system which has been specially enchanted and blessed. That is, this dude is trying to combine Technology and Magic and Divine Power together, and they don't realize how horribly bad an idea it truly is... Dude's plan is to basically digitize every living thing on Earth and import them all into (what the dude believes will be) a cyber-Paradise, where nothing bad can ever happen again. Of course, this plan has some massive problems, which the nutbar is either sincerely unaware of, or else massively in denial of. And even if it actually does work as designed, there's a gaping flaw in the plan: Namely, who's going to do maintenance on the physical instrument which contains this pseudo-Heaven?
Techno-magical "divine" Matrix? Interesting, possible.

Hm. Maybe 2 villains, with a big beefy "Dragon" (the trope, not the type, though maybe the type too), and the "Mastermind".

So...Maybe Gabriel and Jubatus are investigating from different "angles", run across Tendril in the process, and...Quote, any ideas for Blueshift there?

If memory serves, Blueshift has consistently been portrayed as a serious Information Sponge -- she'll absorb any and all data within a 5,000 mile radius -- so it's possible that she knows enough about it, on her own initiative, that she knows who's working on the case and when to offer her services?

Yes. Though, she downplays that. She's been learning to not be so stalkerish. The fact is, if it's anything that can be dug up with the highest level of research she can find it. If she's really looking, she can auto hit DC 30's in her untrained knowledge skils, and DC 35 in her trained knowledge skills. She's gotten better about leaving some 'secret files' unread, though. Her boyfriend has seen to that. And even if she does learn info she's not supposed to know about someone, she's gotten a lot better about keeping the fact that she DOES know it a secret. This will never reveal things like secret identities, or anything a player explicitly says they do not want revealed about their character. I preserve those boundaries, but if the info is something that "could theoretically be discovered" She'll likely find it.