Electric Metal (IC)

Darksider42

Janis shrugged, already bored with the idea. "Meh. You know, we can always find him another time. I really think it might be time to start unwinding for the day, which means video games and heavy metal." She turned to the guitarist and held out her hand. "You may join me, if you wish, good sir. If you need to practice though, I understand."

He seemed like a pretty cool guy. Hopefully she'd have classes with him sometime. "I did just get Guitar Hero on my Wii, though."

Warren sighed, seemingly turning upside down in the air in an attempt to get more blood into his brain. The female population of humanity was an area of interest to the guitarist, even if he could barely understand what makes them tick. "Eh, I've had plenty of time to practice. ODK does give me plenty of time for that." He said with a shrug, even if the perspective was a little warped.

"Really? Sounds good. Not gonna lie though, I suck at Guitar Hero. Oh the Irony, the tragedy of it all!." He said with a nice dose of melodrama added with a grin. He did right himself at the end, very quickly finding himself dizzy.

Janis walked the upside-down guitarist back to her dorms. As the rather strange duo walked across campus, the sun set in the distance, giving the sky beautiful shades of red and orange. "Lovely sunset. Do you ever go out to watch the sun set, Warren? I know it's hokey and kind of strange, but I've always found it a calming way to wind down. I know, a chick like me ever winding down? Unlikely, but it's true." She tossed her long blonde hair back, and smiled a little. "Oh, here's my dorms."

She walked him up the stairs, and turned back to him. "I don't believe I've ever had a gentleman caller before." she said, putting on a faux-Southern accent. Janis snorted, and opened the door. Her room was fairly neat- her side of the room covered with rock posters, and a small television was placed on her desk. "It's not much, but it's the best I can do."

"Not...really. Never really got the time to." Warren responded as he followed her. That question was raising a few alarm bells in his mind, but he tried his best to keep it hidden. The southern joke pulled by Janis was, sadly, lost on Warren and left him with a confused look on his face as they went inside.

"Eh, not that bad. You don't have a Shoggoth in here, so that's bonus points." He said, though he seemed to shudder a little at the thought of KC's old 'pet'.

Janis turned around, and raised an eyebrow. "What the hell is a shoggoth? Sounds like some type of fungus. Anyway, lemme fire up the TV and we'll get the games going." She raised her hand, and a spark of electricity turned on her small TV set. "My roommate thinks this is bad for the TV, but I say I don't particularly care. Bwa-ha-ha." She plopped down on her bed, and handed Warren a plastic guitar. "You have played this game before, right? I'm actually kind of bad at it myself."

"Well if you have heard of Kid Cthulhu, then you can guess from there." Warren said. He did arch an eyebrow at her way of turning on the TV. "Your roommate is right. Get the voltage wrong and you are bound to melt the circuitry in the process...Or cause the screen to explode. That's always fun." He snarked as he picked up the little plastic guitar.

"I have. Can never get it right though. Knowing how to play guitar is a good way to fail at this."

• 2 weeks later...

The two played for a few hours, Warren being superior to Janis. The room was filled with the sounds of rock 'n' roll and frantic clicking, and for a while, they didn't speak to each other, just rocked out. Janis paused the game, and cracked her knuckles. "Crap. That was some intense rocking, man. You're a lot better than I am at this." She looked outside, and it was already dark out. "It was nice hanging with you, man. But if the RAs come by, they might suspect we're up to something other than playing video games. We'll hang out sometime soon though, okay?"

"Eh, only narrowly by a thousand points" Warren said with a shrug. He paused as he turned his head and saw exactly what time of day it was. "Ah damn. I didn't think we were he for that long." Then his eyes went wide. "Oh god, reversals! I gotta get going!" He swept down and hauled his guitar off from the ground and headed for the door.

"Yeah, it was great hanging out. I'll probally bump into you around here again soon. Really need to get goin' now. Cya." He said just before he vanished out of view.