Electric Metal (IC)

Darksider42

It was lunch time at the cafeteria and all Warren wanted to do was relax after months. Schoolwork, Octopus Dropkick, Chaos, superheroing and news of another world ending threat was heading towards the planet. It was a nice change of pace that earth got some warning first. It still had him worried though. Try as he might his brain still buzzed as his body just simply wanted to shut down for a few more hours and ignore that tray of food sitting in front of him. At least the students that could see the future had stopped bugging him for autographs. That was something at least.

Janis had her tray, and was walking to take a seat, when a familiar face caught her eye. She stopped, a few people bumping into her and grumbling. Was that...couldn't be. She walked slowly around to get a better look at his face.

"OH. MY. FRIGGIN'. GOD." she said. Janis scrambled to sit across from Warren, the lead guitarist from Octopus Dropkick!

Janis, who was usually pretty easygoing, went into hyperactive mode. "Oh my God it's Warren, where's your guitar, how do you like Claremont, we should totally hang out, hi!" She sat her lunch down, and took a bite of her burger. "I mean. What's up?"

Its a good thing Warren had learned to adapt to fans or else the Guitar Genius would have fallen off his seat and cracked his head on the ground. That would have looked bad. he tried his best to look calm and cool. "In the flesh." He said with a smile as she continued to talk. "Well, One-" He reached behind him onto the ground and lifted his guitar case from the ground and into view. "-Its in here, never leave home without it. Number two: Its pretty good, though Advanced Science is kicking my ass. and three, just taking it easy for now." He put his case down at and quickly bit down on a stray bit of salad for his tray. "Um...Well we could. I do sorta need a name or else I gonna have to resort to nicknames, and the ones I give tend to suck." He said, feeling a little embarrassed. So much for calm and cool.

Janis calmed down a little bit. "My name's Janis. Janis Jacobson. I'm sorry about doing the whole, you know, fan thing. I always get that way when I meet someone famous. I think I'd like a chance to reintroduce myself, if that's okay."

She cleared her throat. "Ahem. My name is Janis Jacobson. I own all of Octopus Dropkick's albums. Want to hang out sometime, at a time that's convenient for you?"

Warren tried his best to suppress his amusement. "Well then Janis Jacobson. Now is a good time, seeing as I really don't have anything to do other than eat and dread the moment we have to go back to class." He said as he munched down on his own burger.

"You new here by the way? Or has the horrifying day that my ego has eclipsed my ability to pay attention happened?" He didn't seem serious, but he was curious from the looks of it.

"Oh, gosh no. I've been here for a few months. I haven't seen you around either, so maybe both of our egos are fit to go supernova. I actually don't really do that much outside of class- except maybe go home and work on this hot rod I've been souping up. That's kind of my thing, mechanics. They sort of come naturally to me. What exactly is there to do around Claremont?"

She took a sip of her milk, and smiled at him. He was cute.

Warren nodded, smiling a little. "The rest of the student body might wanna flee if that does happen. I actually don't know that much about cars." Says the guy that can build musical instruments of doom. He added in his head while he bit off more of his burger. "Still, pretty cool though. As for what to do there is probably something going on. Like practicing your powers in the Doom Room. I suspect Summers is more morbid than he lets on if he gives the training room that sort of name."

He did have to admit, as far as Fans went she was better than most. cute too. "Speaking of powers, whats yours?"

Janis grinned like a maniac and stood up. "Glad you asked." She clapped her hands together, and slowly moved them apart. Bolts of crackling lightning formed between her hands, glowing and scintillating with a white-hot glow. "I control lightning! I'm also known as Zap." Not noticing the stares and possible groans of her fellow classmates, she sat back down with Warren and smiled. "So the Doom Room, huh? Sounds like a lot of fun. What are your powers, Warren?"

"Well, that certainly explains where the spare energy comes from." Warren joked as he brushed his hair back, feeling it rising from the arcs of electricity. He did raise an eyebrow he she asked about his powers. "Huh, thought the connection between me and my superheroics was a bit better known. Oh well." he clapped his heads together, though strangely it did not sound like someone clapping but rather the opening riff from Iron Man.

"Complete control over sound. I'm also known as Rift. I mean, we both have the same guitars after all."

Janis laughed in surprise. "Oh man that was cool!" She lowered her eyes and grinned at him. "And I know you're Rift. I just wanted to see you show off too. I think any good Octopus Dropkick fan knows the guitarist is actually a super-guitarist. So, to the Doom Room?" Her mind already occupied by the upcoming visit to the Doom Room, Janis proceeded to finish her burger and walked up to throw away her trash, giving Warren a good look at her outfit. She was wearing a pink spaghetti strap shirt, and a modestly short summer skirt, along with her worn Converse High-Tops.

"Dude, are we going or what?" She said, almost at the door.

"Glad you like it." Warren said smiling, though he did mentally kick himself when Janis announced she already knew. He really should have seen something like that coming. Well, I think we need Archers per..." And just like that the guitarists brain just shut down for the moment as he got a good look at her. Thankfully it went back online. "Uhh...Sure. I guess." He snapped his fingers and soon his case rose from the ground into his waiting hand. He was following after her not long after.

"I'm surprised you never heard of it."

Janis mentally gave herself a high-five. Works every time. "I don't think Archer will mind us just doing a quick practice run, don't you think? I really think as superheroes, we should be able to take initiative to practice on our own. After all, does a baseball coach yell at his players when he sees them playing catch? I doubt it." She hoped he'd spring for it, but Janis wasn't about to get him in trouble if he wasn't along for the ride. It was about time she started to bend a few rules here and there. As much as she loved Claremont, she also loved having a little flexibility with the regulations. "But that's up to you, man. We can get his permission if you'd like."

Random spontaneous action was not something Warren was use to doing. Random spontaneous action that involved the Doom room was also on the list as well. "That's true. Then again, he would yell if the balls contained explosives." He deadpanned. "But yeah, we actually do need permission. Someone needs to operate the controls to the simulations and such and only school faculty have any access to that." That and unlike Janis, Warren had a tendency of thinking as far ahead as possible. Hopefully without breaking rules in the process.

Janis raised an eyebrow, then her brain started to tick again. "Doy! I forgot that thing wasn't completely automated. Yeah, I think permission would probably be a fantastic idea. I'm glad you can think, because I have a sliiiight tendancy to act on impulse a lot of the time. Like all of the time." She paused for a moment, and scratched the back of her head. "Every time. Yeah. But where would be find Mr. Summers at this time of day? I really have just met him once...I hope he'd let us check out the Doom Room." She looked around her, and rubbed her shoulders. "It is awfully nice out."

Warren laughed. "So I've noticed. More of a plotter myself." He said as he switched what hand was holding his guitar case. It was heavier than it looked after all. "As for Summers, I dunno. He is either in his office or he pulls a Raven and appears out of nowhere only to vanish when you look away." It was sentences like that which lead to Warren to think there might be some truth into to 'Summers is the First Raven' rumors. He still shrugged it off until he saw some actual evidence though.

"It kinda is, isn't it." He said as he stretched a bit.

Janis smiled and walked alongside Warren. "I'm just holding out until it gets cold in the winter. It's like the friggin' North Pole!" She shivered at the thought. "Sorry. I much prefer it when it's warm outside...I don't even mind the heat. I'd much rather be wearing something cute than bundled up like a mummy."

She closed her eyes for a moment, enjoying the pleasant weather. "It actually is really nice out here. Would you rather hang out outside, or go to the Doom Room?"

"Same here. And people wonder why I always wear a Duster and gloves instead of tights like other superheroes. Then again, cold weather bothers me more than it should." Warren said with a shrug. "as for the Doom Room, I think that can wait. There is always plenty of chance of practicing with powers even without it." He looked at his guitar case for a moment as the gears deep within Warrens mind began to turn. "Besides, can't practice guitar indoors."

Janis' eyebrows raised. "Now that would definitely be cool." She had heard the guitarist on CD and on her iPod, of course, but she had never seen any of their concerts. She crossed her arms and waved a hand at him. "Go on, then! Play something that'll melt my friggin' face off!"

She smiled to let him know that her teasing was good-natured. Warren seemed like a cool enough guy. She'd have to ask for free tickets to one of his shows sometime.

"Now why would I melt the face of someone so good looking?" Warren said with a chuckle as he put the case down and opened it. "But remember, you asked for it." He said with a sly smile as he pulled out his guitar. "Really can't give you anything exclusive we are working on, but I can throw you something your way." He reached into his pocket and produced a pick.

And then, he began to play.

Some people say that some performers are not as good live than they are in studio. Warren seemed to defy that saying as he played. More than a few students that decided to eat outside stopped what they were doing and just watched as the Guitar Genius played. When the final note hung in the air, those that had gathered were going wild. "So, Good enough?" He asked.

Janis sat down next to the guitarist, and listened. She closed her eyes, and she opened them as the final notes were hit. "That was lovely, Warren. You have a genuine talent for the guitar. I bet you play that one for all the girls though." she said with a smirk. Janis turned around and saw his captive audience. "By the way, does that happen everytime you play the guitar?"

She stood up, holding a hand out to help Warren stand. "So, want to go to the Doom Room?"

"Different songs for different people." Warren said with a shrug. He did look around and finally realized that he had drawn a crowd around them. "...Usually wherever people are." He waited for a bit while he waited for the crowd to break apart and continue on with what they were doing.

He looked back at Janis with a raised eyebrow as he took her hand. "You are really intent on going into the Doom Room arn't you?" He said as he stood up. "You must be really eager to test it out...Or show off."

Janis slyly slipped her hand out of Warren's grip, sticking out her tongue. "Dude, we just met! Come on, you've got to give it a little more time than that before you hold the lady's hand. But yes, if you are curious as to why I'm so eager to visit the Doom Room, the answer is both. I can't deny that I have a gigantic ego in danger of going supernova and taking out the entire block. So impressing the cute guitarist by completely pwning his ass in the Doom Room is a way of stabilizing it. Don't worry though, it's nothing personal. You're a pretty cool dude."

Warren looked at her curiously for a moment as he simply floated up and sit on the air. "So offers of help to stand up are out of the question then?" The Guitarist mused as he put his guitar back into its case. "I'll keep that in mind from now on."

"And pwning me isn't gonna impress me. God knows there are plenty of people out there that already can." Warren said as he stretched out. "Pwning a giant robot version of Gigasaur, now that would be awesome!" he paused as a trail of thought ran through his head. "You don't know how to make a giant killer robot right?"

Janis helped herself up. "Oh! Well, helping me up is quite another thing. I'm just kidding with you though, man. I'm really not all that versatile in combat. It's more like...hit it with lightning 'till it falls down." She grinned and allowed bio-electricity to manifest itself- and her arm lit up with electrical power. She then shut it off, and put her hands on her hips. "And no, I can't build giant robots, silly goose! If I'm having trouble fixing up an old roadster, I'm fairly certain advanced robotics is out of my league. Now let's get to the Doom Room before we become senile." She teleported a short distance, a smirk on her face.

"Hey! A guy can check to see if a cute girl he is talking to has a giant robot stashed somewhere." Warren said, trying to sound indignant. He wasn't that convincing though. He seemed to sigh as he flew over to where she teleported to within a few seconds.

"Unless we get hit by some sort of chrono field that advances aging at an advanced rate, we are no danger of finding ourselves shaking our canes at kids while yelling "Get off the lawn ya meddlesome kids."." He said, sounding like the perfect imitation of an old man. "Guessing you know where Archer is?"