Restricted Equipment

Gizmo

Putting this up in Character Building because it's potentially precedent setting. Midnight II's motorcycle was recently fitted with a Furion artificial intelligence. As part of that, I'd like to make the Night Cycle Restricted, as per the Device Power Feat, so represent that Redbird won't let just anyone drive. In this case, since vehicles have to be Equipment, that would mean buying it as a Feature, for 1 - 3EP, depending on the level of restriction. This isn't suggested anywhere in the rules as is, but seems like a pretty reasonable extrapolation to me. Can we get a ref team sound off yay or nay on the idea?

I can see this as valid, though the wording of the Restricted would, of course, need to be done carefully. Restricted (only people Redbird likes) is kinda wonky, since you'd need to figure out not just who Redbird likes/dislikes, but how others can make Redbird like them. (Bluff/Diplomacy/Intimidate? [if it's sapient enough to have likes/dislikes, Interaction skill should work on it.] Computers/Disable Device? Emotion Control?)

Naturally, Doc. In this case I was speaking in broad strokes on the issue as a whole.

For Redbird and the Night Cycle, my thinking was something along the lines of the 'only the worthy' Restriction of Thrude's weapon. Being of Furion origin (the setting's version of the New Gods), Redbird has more in common with Vendrvapn than with most terrestrial artificial intelligences. There would, of course, be different criteria for 'worthy' involved. I just wanted to find out if the idea of a Restricted vehicle was acceptable before hammering out the specifics.

I don't know if it is entirely wonky to just be "who Redbird likes". I mean, I'm hazy on how they interact with Permanent/equipment structures, but feat use is optional, so wouldn't that apply to the Restricted feat?

This isn't a definite answer so much as "Someone with a better idea explain why I'm wrong" :P