The Arena

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ghost frowns slightly at Dryad's choice of words for a toast, but raises his own glass and drinks deep. He slowly places the glass down and wipes his mouth before speaking.

"Actually, I was wondering, if any of you would be interesting in helping me pull a job." Ghost looks from face to face trying to read their reaction to his words. "Are you interested?"

The Ghost frowns slightly at Dryad's choice of words for a toast, but raises his own glass and drinks deep. He slowly places the glass down and wipes his mouth before speaking.

"Actually, I was wondering, if any of you would be interesting in helping me pull a job." Ghost looks from face to face trying to read their reaction to his words. "Are you interested?"

Imposter takes back his normal form and tells the bartender he'll have one in a glass. After hearing about Ghost's proposal he nods. "I'm interested but i'll have you know i'm not that great of a fighter you know..." then smiles when he sees his beer reach his table and he takes an enthusiastic drink with both hands on the glass...

Collateral with his arms crossed nods as well. " I like her attitude.." he said looking towards Dryad. "..and yes, i am up for a littel mayhem, tell me more"

Imposter takes back his normal form and tells the bartender he'll have one in a glass. After hearing about Ghost's proposal he nods. "I'm interested but i'll have you know i'm not that great of a fighter you know..." then smiles when he sees his beer reach his table and he takes an enthusiastic drink with both hands on the glass...

Collateral with his arms crossed nods as well. " I like her attitude.." he said looking towards Dryad. "..and yes, i am up for a littel mayhem, tell me more"

The Ghost smiled at the interest the others showed. He sat back for a moment before moving in closer to the table and lowering his voice. Teh effect forced the others to lean in as well as if he was about reveal some great mystery.

"Well, the other day, I was watching the news. Actually, that's how I first saw you, Collateral. Anyway, what caught my eye was the new exhibit coming to the Hunter Museum of Natural History in a few weeks. It seems Freedom will have for a short time, the Aurora Diamond collection. That's a collection of 296 diamonds, people. Two hundred and ninety-six diamonds. Just think what kind of money that would bring on the blackmarket!" The Ghost pulls back, his smile still upon his face and waits to see any reactions.

The Ghost smiled at the interest the others showed. He sat back for a moment before moving in closer to the table and lowering his voice. Teh effect forced the others to lean in as well as if he was about reveal some great mystery.

"Well, the other day, I was watching the news. Actually, that's how I first saw you, Collateral. Anyway, what caught my eye was the new exhibit coming to the Hunter Museum of Natural History in a few weeks. It seems Freedom will have for a short time, the Aurora Diamond collection. That's a collection of 296 diamonds, people. Two hundred and ninety-six diamonds. Just think what kind of money that would bring on the blackmarket!" The Ghost pulls back, his smile still upon his face and waits to see any reactions.

Collateral still with his arms crossed asked " Now why would you need our help if you can more than likely do it on your own?...What I'm getting at is..What's the catch?"

Imposter on the other hand was on the other spectrum of the enthusiasm scale. Seemed like a perfect opportunity to really put his abilities to work. "I'm in. Shouldn't be too hard'

Collateral still with his arms crossed asked " Now why would you need our help if you can more than likely do it on your own?...What I'm getting at is..What's the catch?"

Imposter on the other hand was on the other spectrum of the enthusiasm scale. Seemed like a perfect opportunity to really put his abilities to work. "I'm in. Shouldn't be too hard'

"Money isn't what i want or even need, however breaking stuff and taking revenge on industry is what i want!" Dryad hissed in delight. She was scrapping the wood of the table in eagerness.

Ghost smiles at Dyrad. "Well call it 'this for that.' I've never been big into revenge so I tend to refrain from getting mixed up with it. Start down that road and all you get is someone seeking revenge against you. But if you help me, I'll help you."

The Ghost nodded at Imposter's enthusiasm but turned his gaze upon Collateral. "You're right. I most likely could pull the job off myself though I'd have to be even more careful than usual. Lady Fortune may watch out for me, but she doesn't protect fools and I am certainly no fool. With all of the costumed tights in this town, there's bound to be someone in the nearby area that could easily mess up my plans. If I had help," Ghost smiles widely, "I'll not only come away with a large increase of cash, but I would have established my presence here in the city and that is the true reason why I want to do this."

Ghost gesture at the few patrons in the bar. "Everyone here wants attention to some degree or another. Why else try throwing a school bus off of a bridge in the middle of the day, eh? I want everyone in Freedom to know that The Ghost is the best inside man in the city. Call it professional pride."

Ghost picked up his glass and drank agaiin before speakign again. "I'll most likely try for it with or without your help. Like I said, the collection is coming in a few weeks which would give me plenty of time to plan out the job. Case the museum, find out what kind of security they were playing on using and such. Having some muscle around for when the tights are bound to appear, is simply an added bonus."

"Money isn't what i want or even need, however breaking stuff and taking revenge on industry is what i want!" Dryad hissed in delight. She was scrapping the wood of the table in eagerness.

Ghost smiles at Dyrad. "Well call it 'this for that.' I've never been big into revenge so I tend to refrain from getting mixed up with it. Start down that road and all you get is someone seeking revenge against you. But if you help me, I'll help you."

The Ghost nodded at Imposter's enthusiasm but turned his gaze upon Collateral. "You're right. I most likely could pull the job off myself though I'd have to be even more careful than usual. Lady Fortune may watch out for me, but she doesn't protect fools and I am certainly no fool. With all of the costumed tights in this town, there's bound to be someone in the nearby area that could easily mess up my plans. If I had help," Ghost smiles widely, "I'll not only come away with a large increase of cash, but I would have established my presence here in the city and that is the true reason why I want to do this."

Ghost gesture at the few patrons in the bar. "Everyone here wants attention to some degree or another. Why else try throwing a school bus off of a bridge in the middle of the day, eh? I want everyone in Freedom to know that The Ghost is the best inside man in the city. Call it professional pride."

Ghost picked up his glass and drank agaiin before speakign again. "I'll most likely try for it with or without your help. Like I said, the collection is coming in a few weeks which would give me plenty of time to plan out the job. Case the museum, find out what kind of security they were playing on using and such. Having some muscle around for when the tights are bound to appear, is simply an added bonus."

One of the vines from Dryad altered course and snaked next to Ghost.

"You might like to choose your words more carefully" Dryad crooned evilly. The vine moved away, and suddenly thorns burst out of it's skin.

"Am i nothing but mere muscle now? Do you think that i can not be trusted to do anything on my own? You might be born with cannons on your arms, but i was designed for killing, nothing else. I will assist you, but as equal. I have my own schemes, namely making this bank the new local forest" she hissed as the vine slithered away back underneath Dryads cloak.

"You might like to choose your words more carefully" Dryad crooned evilly. The vine moved away, and suddenly thorns burst out of it's skin.

"Am i nothing but mere muscle now? Do you think that i can not be trusted to do anything on my own? You might be born with cannons on your arms, but i was designed for killing, nothing else. I will assist you, but as equal. I have my own schemes, namely making this bank the new local forest" she hissed as the vine slithered away back underneath Dryads cloak.

Ghost shrugs his shoulders. "Never said I was looking for underlings. But what is this bank you talk about? Did you mean the museum? You turn it into anything you like once we have the diamonds in hand. Anyone that helps gets a share of the loot to do with as they wish. 296 diamonds split any way, still amounts to a lot of money."

Ghost shrugs his shoulders. "Never said I was looking for underlings. But what is this bank you talk about? Did you mean the museum? You turn it into anything you like once we have the diamonds in hand. Anyone that helps gets a share of the loot to do with as they wish. 296 diamonds split any way, still amounts to a lot of money."

Collateral stands up and puts his helm back on with authority.

"Fine, count me in....even just to throw some heroes around for a bit. We should do this soon though before i lose interest. Before i leave i'll give you the locale for my underground base...we can use that as a headquarters for our operations. I also have holding cells if we decide to take any prisoners. We should meet there from now on...it'll save us the trip and is probably much safer and discreet."

Collateral stands up and puts his helm back on with authority.

"Fine, count me in....even just to throw some heroes around for a bit. We should do this soon though before i lose interest. Before i leave i'll give you the locale for my underground base...we can use that as a headquarters for our operations. I also have holding cells if we decide to take any prisoners. We should meet there from now on...it'll save us the trip and is probably much safer and discreet."

Ghost nods his head in agreement. "That should be fine. There is one last point that I'd like to put out for us. An.....agreement of sorts. Each of us have our own agenda, but in our line of business, it pays to have soemone you can count on to get you out of a jam. I say we agree, from this time on that if any one of us is pinched by these spandex wearing bums, that we agree to try to break each other out of prison. So, if any job goes south on us, the main objective is to get free quickly. Whoever escapes can get the caught person out later."

The Ghost looks at the three other to see if they were willing to agree.