The Arena

The Ghost raised an eyebrow at the woman's statement. 'Great, another flashy person. Is that all the city calls?' he thought to himself while keeping his smile in place.

"Well, I'm glad you didn't do that. Seems this gella, Legned that keep stabs on this place might not have liked you busting up his joint for no reason." The Ghost waved around the room as he spoke indicating that the man he was speaking of was not present. "I guess by your words that you received an invitation as well, huh? I wonder how many are actually going to show up anyway. Oh, where are my manners. I'm The Ghost," he says emphasizing the article "the". The Ghost lifted his glass and took a small sip as he studued the floral woman more closely.

The Ghost seeemed to be a fairly normal man dressed in all black. By his side was a matching knitted cap that seemed to scream movie prop considering the man's stereotypical ensemble. The black backpack simply comfirmed that The Ghost was little more than a cat burgurlar. Of course, here at the Arena, there was nothing simple with any of its patrons.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"That little demonstration is also to show why i refuse to shake anybodies hand, unless i have a little grudge against them. I wasn't trying to flash about, just caution you that physical contact with me is highly disapproved. Anyway, i'm known as Dryad. I would kiss you hello, but, well, my driver had one and his immune system didn't cope" Dryad giggled.

"That little demonstration is also to show why i refuse to shake anybodies hand, unless i have a little grudge against them. I wasn't trying to flash about, just caution you that physical contact with me is highly disapproved. Anyway, i'm known as Dryad. I would kiss you hello, but, well, my driver had one and his immune system didn't cope" Dryad giggled.

Collateral nods to the woman giving her a good once over with his eyes and mentally noting that she did not look like the type to give attitude to. Taking a sip of his drink he noticed another body coming through the door.

A large hulking man, covered in scars with a cybernetic arm squeezes through the door. He looks around and sees the 3 around the table with similar invitations..he walks up slowly takes a seat and nods at them while placing his invite on the table.

Collateral nods to the woman giving her a good once over with his eyes and mentally noting that she did not look like the type to give attitude to. Taking a sip of his drink he noticed another body coming through the door.

A large hulking man, covered in scars with a cybernetic arm squeezes through the door. He looks around and sees the 3 around the table with similar invitations..he walks up slowly takes a seat and nods at them while placing his invite on the table.

Ghost was about to respond to teh woman known as Dryad wen the hulking man entered and reached the table. He blinked his eyes at the size of the man before smiling. "It would seem that you have recieved an invitation yourself. I'm The Ghost and this is Dryad and Collateral. Welcome. Hopefully we'll hear from whomever sent the invitations before long. I hate waiting around."

Ghost turned to Dryad abd sniled. "I'll keep that in mind about the kiss. Lady Fortune smiles upon me, but even I have my limits."

Ghost was about to respond to teh woman known as Dryad wen the hulking man entered and reached the table. He blinked his eyes at the size of the man before smiling. "It would seem that you have recieved an invitation yourself. I'm The Ghost and this is Dryad and Collateral. Welcome. Hopefully we'll hear from whomever sent the invitations before long. I hate waiting around."

Ghost turned to Dryad abd sniled. "I'll keep that in mind about the kiss. Lady Fortune smiles upon me, but even I have my limits."

"Quite, that fool of my creator made sure i only knew torment. She was apparently a top scientist. When she explained that, i was after my first kiss. She thought she could could keep me under control, and yet remove my only pleasure. She is even more of a fool than i thought, but unfortunately i did not educate her further that my venom is lethal, even to my maker" Dryad cursed. She palled down her cloaked hood, to reveal a face both blissful and horrifying at the same time.

Her hair was leaves growing down like loose hair, passing by her face. Her teeth were razor sharp as she as wood formed her face. However, it had Something that made the weak willed look at her for 5 minutes. She placed a dangerously sharp hand on the table. but the thorns shot out. She cursed and removed her hand.

"Quite, that fool of my creator made sure i only knew torment. She was apparently a top scientist. When she explained that, i was after my first kiss. She thought she could could keep me under control, and yet remove my only pleasure. She is even more of a fool than i thought, but unfortunately i did not educate her further that my venom is lethal, even to my maker" Dryad cursed. She palled down her cloaked hood, to reveal a face both blissful and horrifying at the same time.

Her hair was leaves growing down like loose hair, passing by her face. Her teeth were razor sharp as she as wood formed her face. However, it had Something that made the weak willed look at her for 5 minutes. She placed a dangerously sharp hand on the table. but the thorns shot out. She cursed and removed her hand.

Collateral gave her a half cocked look while taking a sip of his drink..."wow for just meeting us, you sure like giving us your life story..jeez"

Meanwhile the large hulking gentlemen....shrunk down to the size of a normal person..seemingly reverting back to the form of a kid in his late teens. "I'm Imposter...Claremont High dropout." He said with a smirk

Collateral gave her a half cocked look while taking a sip of his drink..."wow for just meeting us, you sure like giving us your life story..jeez"

Meanwhile the large hulking gentlemen....shrunk down to the size of a normal person..seemingly reverting back to the form of a kid in his late teens. "I'm Imposter...Claremont High dropout." He said with a smirk

Ghost looked the kid up and down for a moment before speaking. "Didn't know that a teenager would get an invitation. Who ever is setting this up must have some very big plans!"

Ghost waves to the bartender who quickly comes over to teh table. "I'll have another one and bring drinks for the others while you're at it."

The bartender gets teh orders of the others before leaving.

The Ghost turns to the others and smiles. "So, have you guys been here before? It seems it's called the Arena because it's used for sparring practice." Ghost gestures towards the large window overloking the battle area. "You can even make bets on the outcome if you wished!"

Ghost looked the kid up and down for a moment before speaking. "Didn't know that a teenager would get an invitation. Who ever is setting this up must have some very big plans!"

Ghost waves to the bartender who quickly comes over to teh table. "I'll have another one and bring drinks for the others while you're at it."

The bartender gets teh orders of the others before leaving.

The Ghost turns to the others and smiles. "So, have you guys been here before? It seems it's called the Arena because it's used for sparring practice." Ghost gestures towards the large window overloking the battle area. "You can even make bets on the outcome if you wished!"

Dryad eyes Ghost as she starts to brush her claws across the table gently across the table, a small spike of anger in her eyes.

"My friend, have you ever read about trees. Trees don't drink anything but water, and i would only drink rain water. So maybe you would like to ask the missus what she would like before you assume" she hissed.

Dryad eyes Ghost as she starts to brush her claws across the table gently across the table, a small spike of anger in her eyes.

"My friend, have you ever read about trees. Trees don't drink anything but water, and i would only drink rain water. So maybe you would like to ask the missus what she would like before you assume" she hissed.

The Ghost sighs at the woman's reaction. "I didnot order you a drink. The bartender is right here. Tell him whether you want a drink or not. Who knows they may even have rain water stashed somewhere in back. There is no need to get your thorns all tied up."

Ghost smiles but leans back in his chair. "And I'm no botanist, Dryad. Seeing as I've just met you, I don't know your life story other than what you've just told us. I was raised never to drink alone and considering we are in a bar, it seemed fitting to have drinks brought for everyone. The choice is still yours to make."

Ghost watches Dyrad carefully, wary of the abilities she had so graciously revealed so far.

The Ghost sighs at the woman's reaction. "I didnot order you a drink. The bartender is right here. Tell him whether you want a drink or not. Who knows they may even have rain water stashed somewhere in back. There is no need to get your thorns all tied up."

Ghost smiles but leans back in his chair. "And I'm no botanist, Dryad. Seeing as I've just met you, I don't know your life story other than what you've just told us. I was raised never to drink alone and considering we are in a bar, it seemed fitting to have drinks brought for everyone. The choice is still yours to make."

Ghost watches Dyrad carefully, wary of the abilities she had so graciously revealed so far.

Dryad waved a clawed thorny hand, indicating she is fine.

"I should be apologizing, being a freak is hard and usually ends up in anger, tears or blood. The latter always seems to come up these days" Dryad replied, placing the hand back down to her lap.

"Anyway" she said, lowering her voice to a whisper, "Would you trust the drinks here? I sure as hell don't. I'm here to keep away from my creator, and the information of one female who looked like a freak drinking rain water and nothing else would be interesting, agreed?"

"I should be apologizing, being a freak is hard and usually ends up in anger, tears or blood. The latter always seems to come up these days" Dryad replied, placing the hand back down to her lap.

"Anyway" she said, lowering her voice to a whisper, "Would you trust the drinks here? I sure as hell don't. I'm here to keep away from my creator, and the information of one female who looked like a freak drinking rain water and nothing else would be interesting, agreed?"

Collateral watches the exchange and chuckles silently to himself. "So when is this mystery person supposed to show up? Do either of you know who summoned us?" He said looking to Dryad and Imposter...

Imposter shook his head no. And a look sprang upon his face..like he just had an idea. "Oh yeah! I can drink here! HAHA!" then he morphed into a striking resemblance of Ghost, pointed at him and told the bartender "I'll have what he's having!"

Collateral watches the exchange and chuckles silently to himself. "So when is this mystery person supposed to show up? Do either of you know who summoned us?" He said looking to Dryad and Imposter...

Imposter shook his head no. And a look sprang upon his face..like he just had an idea. "Oh yeah! I can drink here! HAHA!" then he morphed into a striking resemblance of Ghost, pointed at him and told the bartender "I'll have what he's having!"

Ghost shrugs his shoulders. "I don't see why not. The guy who watches over things, Legend, seems to be on the up and up. I mean, why poision the people that might be the only patrons you ever get. Besides, if I understand things correctly, this place is Neutral territory. A place for people of our profession to let our hair down without need for watching over our shoulders."

Ghost looks at the other two as well to see their reaction to Collateral's question.

The Ghost's face takes on a very dark look as he places both hands upon the table. "Kid, I'd advise you not to take on my appearance again. I take pride in my work and having someone impersonate me can hurt my business. So, if you wouldn't mind, please, don't take my appearance again."

Ghost shrugs his shoulders. "I don't see why not. The guy who watches over things, Legend, seems to be on the up and up. I mean, why poision the people that might be the only patrons you ever get. Besides, if I understand things correctly, this place is Neutral territory. A place for people of our profession to let our hair down without need for watching over our shoulders."

Ghost looks at the other two as well to see their reaction to Collateral's question.

The Ghost's face takes on a very dark look as he places both hands upon the table. "Kid, I'd advise you not to take on my appearance again. I take pride in my work and having someone impersonate me can hurt my business. So, if you wouldn't mind, please, don't take my appearance again."

The Bartender loks at Dryad and nods his head. "Madam, we can easily supply you with whatever substances you may require. Legend has ensured that all that come to the Arena may find their basic desires fullfilled. Is there any particular vintage of rain water that you wish to have?"

As Imposter makes his choice, the bartender nods his head in understanding. "Right, one draft beer. Would you like that in a bottle or a glass, sir?"

The Bartender loks at Dryad and nods his head. "Madam, we can easily supply you with whatever substances you may require. Legend has ensured that all that come to the Arena may find their basic desires fullfilled. Is there any particular vintage of rain water that you wish to have?"

As Imposter makes his choice, the bartender nods his head in understanding. "Right, one draft beer. Would you like that in a bottle or a glass, sir?"