The Arena

Sammy got out of the boat he had procured to take him to the old derlict oil rig. The rig looked old and very shoddy but from what he heard, inside it was the place to be.

Sammy climbed up the ladder and was surprised to see a man waiting for him at the top. "Welcome, Sammy Cosentino, also known as The Ghost," he began. He gestured behind him and smiled. "Welcome to the Arena. A neutral haven where people such as yourself can relax and make new partnerships."

Sammy blinked at the knowledge the man had on him. Sammy smiled as he looked about the area. "Well, it seems you did your homework. So, who do I have the pleasure of speaking with?"

The man returned the smile in just an easy fashion. "Well, I am the one that proctects the Arena from prying eyes. You may call me Legend."

Sammy continued to smile. "So you own this place?"

"No, I simply keep wtach to ensure that the rules are upheld. Anyone who breaks the rules will be severely dealt with," Legend said with a stern look upon his face.

Sammy nodded his head in understanding. Legend led Sammy into the main building.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sammy got out of the boat he had procured to take him to the old derlict oil rig. The rig looked old and very shoddy but from what he heard, inside it was the place to be.

Sammy climbed up the ladder and was surprised to see a man waiting for him at the top. "Welcome, Sammy Cosentino, also known as The Ghost," he began. He gestured behind him and smiled. "Welcome to the Arena. A neutral haven where people such as yourself can relax and make new partnerships."

Sammy blinked at the knowledge the man had on him. Sammy smiled as he looked about the area. "Well, it seems you did your homework. So, who do I have the pleasure of speaking with?"

The man returned the smile in just an easy fashion. "Well, I am the one that proctects the Arena from prying eyes. You may call me Legend."

"No, I simply keep wtach to ensure that the rules are upheld. Anyone who breaks the rules will be severely dealt with," Legend said with a stern look upon his face.

Sammy nodded his head in understanding. Legend led Sammy into the main building.

Sammy moved slowly inot the main room of the Arena and stopped just within the doorway. Sammy smiled nervously at the faces that turned to look at the newcomer. The room was mostly set up like any other bar found within Freedom City. A long bar took up one side of the room while a large viewing window was located just to the right of the bar.

Sammy slowly moved closer to the window and saw that it afforded a beautiful view of the ocean. Sammy looked down and saw the large outdoor arena. 'So that's why they call it the Arena. Aptly chosen.' Sammy moved over to the bar and called over the bartender.

"So, what is this place? I got word that this was the place to talk to people about work," Sammy said as he ordered his drink. The bartender moved quickly and efficiently to fill the order.

"That is true, sir," came the bartender's reply as he placed the drink before Sammy. The man gestured around the room as he explained the set up. "Just outside that window is the Arena. Anyone can use it to settle differences or to work out. Often times, older more established personnas decide to help the newer people like yourself." The bartender smiled for a moment before continuing.

"This area is the bar. As you can see, there are a number of tables to use for converstaion. Of course," he said as he gestured to a door opposite the glass window, "there are private rooms for more delicate discussions."

Sammy glanced at each location as he was told about them and nodded. "Okay. That's the basic layout. How do things work here?"

"Well, sir, that's one of the more interesting things about the Arena. Legend makes sure that there is an outlet for certain items that need to move quickly. Members of every organization established in Freedom City or the world keep contact with the Arena. Somehow, Legend has managed to keep the location of the Arena safe from most unwanted intrusions, but they do happen from time to time. I must admit, it is a sight to see the patrons banding together."

Sammy nodded again at the words. "I can guess." Sammy took a moment to look at the few tables with people. He didn't recognize any of the people, but he didn't expect to know them. Sammy was still new to the city himself and had yet to do much about establishing a presence. "So, how do I contact people here? If I want to get a workout in, who do I see."

"Simply walk up to someone and ask, sir. Most of the people here are willing to stretch out their muscles once or twice."

"Thanks for the information," Sammy said as he moved to a stool to finish his drink.

Sammy moved slowly inot the main room of the Arena and stopped just within the doorway. Sammy smiled nervously at the faces that turned to look at the newcomer. The room was mostly set up like any other bar found within Freedom City. A long bar took up one side of the room while a large viewing window was located just to the right of the bar.

Sammy slowly moved closer to the window and saw that it afforded a beautiful view of the ocean. Sammy looked down and saw the large outdoor arena. 'So that's why they call it the Arena. Aptly chosen.' Sammy moved over to the bar and called over the bartender.

"So, what is this place? I got word that this was the place to talk to people about work," Sammy said as he ordered his drink. The bartender moved quickly and efficiently to fill the order.

"That is true, sir," came the bartender's reply as he placed the drink before Sammy. The man gestured around the room as he explained the set up. "Just outside that window is the Arena. Anyone can use it to settle differences or to work out. Often times, older more established personnas decide to help the newer people like yourself." The bartender smiled for a moment before continuing.

"This area is the bar. As you can see, there are a number of tables to use for converstaion. Of course," he said as he gestured to a door opposite the glass window, "there are private rooms for more delicate discussions."

Sammy glanced at each location as he was told about them and nodded. "Okay. That's the basic layout. How do things work here?"

"Well, sir, that's one of the more interesting things about the Arena. Legend makes sure that there is an outlet for certain items that need to move quickly. Members of every organization established in Freedom City or the world keep contact with the Arena. Somehow, Legend has managed to keep the location of the Arena safe from most unwanted intrusions, but they do happen from time to time. I must admit, it is a sight to see the patrons banding together."

Sammy nodded again at the words. "I can guess." Sammy took a moment to look at the few tables with people. He didn't recognize any of the people, but he didn't expect to know them. Sammy was still new to the city himself and had yet to do much about establishing a presence. "So, how do I contact people here? If I want to get a workout in, who do I see."

"Simply walk up to someone and ask, sir. Most of the people here are willing to stretch out their muscles once or twice."

"Thanks for the information," Sammy said as he moved to a stool to finish his drink.

Liam had recieved a mysterious invite on his doorstep not long ago for a "business meeting" on some tiny oil rig off the shore a bit. Being suspicious he decides to check it out in guise of Collateral. "Hell, even if it was a trap...it's on an oil rig. That's just my environment...if anythings fishy i'll sink them to the bottom" He thought to himself.

Donning his armor and helm, Collateral flew out to the coordinates given for this meeting. He landed gently on the deck and looked around.......nothing. He finally made his way into what seemed would be offices and whatnot, but upon opening the door to his surprise was a bar.....and a nice one at that...

Noticing a somewhat unimpressive man speaking with the bartender....Collateral made his way over. He needed to know who was gathering them here today...

" Are you the one who sent this to me?" Liam said holding up the invite.

Liam had recieved a mysterious invite on his doorstep not long ago for a "business meeting" on some tiny oil rig off the shore a bit. Being suspicious he decides to check it out in guise of Collateral. "Hell, even if it was a trap...it's on an oil rig. That's just my environment...if anythings fishy i'll sink them to the bottom" He thought to himself.

Donning his armor and helm, Collateral flew out to the coordinates given for this meeting. He landed gently on the deck and looked around.......nothing. He finally made his way into what seemed would be offices and whatnot, but upon opening the door to his surprise was a bar.....and a nice one at that...

Noticing a somewhat unimpressive man speaking with the bartender....Collateral made his way over. He needed to know who was gathering them here today...

" Are you the one who sent this to me?" Liam said holding up the invite.

Sammy looked at the armor clad man up and down.Something about him looked familiar and it took a moment for Sammy torealize he saw the guy on Tv the other day. "Hey, you're that guy having some fun over by the bridge! I was hoping you'd get away!. Man, it's an honor to meet you." Sammy say, his eyes wide with delight.

Sammy wore his usual ensemble of black matching clothing. A wool knit cap sat upon his head. A black backpack was on the gloot next to him. Sammy looked at the invite for a moment before shaking his head. "Nope not me." He reached down and from his pack produced his own matching card. "It seems that I got one just like you. Think we'll have to wait long for whomever sent out the invitations?"

Sammy picked up his drink and took a sip. "By the way, I'm known as The Ghost."

Sammy looked at the armor clad man up and down.Something about him looked familiar and it took a moment for Sammy torealize he saw the guy on Tv the other day. "Hey, you're that guy having some fun over by the bridge! I was hoping you'd get away!. Man, it's an honor to meet you." Sammy say, his eyes wide with delight.

Sammy wore his usual ensemble of black matching clothing. A wool knit cap sat upon his head. A black backpack was on the gloot next to him. Sammy looked at the invite for a moment before shaking his head. "Nope not me." He reached down and from his pack produced his own matching card. "It seems that I got one just like you. Think we'll have to wait long for whomever sent out the invitations?"

Sammy picked up his drink and took a sip. "By the way, I'm known as The Ghost."

Amused somebody was so delighted to meet him Collateral extends his hand. " I'm known as Collateral...good to meet you" he said with a slight nod. Looking around the bar he saw an empty table and pulled out a chair with a wave of his hand and took a seat.

"Feel free to join me..I'm curious why both of us are called here. I wonder if there's anymore on the way.." he said eyeing his invitation again...

"Do you have any idea who may have summoned us? I don't think my one public outing so far has garned me THAT much attention..."

Amused somebody was so delighted to meet him Collateral extends his hand. " I'm known as Collateral...good to meet you" he said with a slight nod. Looking around the bar he saw an empty table and pulled out a chair with a wave of his hand and took a seat.

"Feel free to join me..I'm curious why both of us are called here. I wonder if there's anymore on the way.." he said eyeing his invitation again...

"Do you have any idea who may have summoned us? I don't think my one public outing so far has garned me THAT much attention..."

The Ghost picked up his bag and moved over to join Collateral. "Not really sure. I myself just got to the city recently and haven't really done much to gain anyone's attention. Besides," he says with a shrug of his shoulders, "I'm pretty small time. A bank here, an industrial firm there. As long as there's a profit in it for myself, I could care less."

Ghost again takes a sip of his drink before speaking again. "Say, how are teh supers in this town? I haven'T met any yet and was wondering how nosey they were."

The Ghost picked up his bag and moved over to join Collateral. "Not really sure. I myself just got to the city recently and haven't really done much to gain anyone's attention. Besides," he says with a shrug of his shoulders, "I'm pretty small time. A bank here, an industrial firm there. As long as there's a profit in it for myself, I could care less."

Ghost again takes a sip of his drink before speaking again. "Say, how are teh supers in this town? I haven'T met any yet and was wondering how nosey they were."

"Not too sure.....haven't tangled with any besides that guy on the bridge. I mean if you can call him a hero. More like a joke, i mean it's easy to make a getaway when you can throw bystanders around. You know who they're going to go after....friggin Boy Scouts..I'm telling you."

Collateral looked around deciding it was safe enough. He took off his helm and fixed his hair in the reflection behind the bar. Setting his helmet on the table he let out a sigh "I hope whoever called us here arrives soon....i don't have all day" he said exasperated.

"Not too sure.....haven't tangled with any besides that guy on the bridge. I mean if you can call him a hero. More like a joke, i mean it's easy to make a getaway when you can throw bystanders around. You know who they're going to go after....friggin Boy Scouts..I'm telling you."

Collateral looked around deciding it was safe enough. He took off his helm and fixed his hair in the reflection behind the bar. Setting his helmet on the table he let out a sigh "I hope whoever called us here arrives soon....i don't have all day" he said exasperated.

The Ghost's eyes lit up at Collateral's words. "No? What, you got a job lined up? Something worth stealing?"

Ghost took a sip from his glass and smiled. "Ah, if only I could throw somebody around to cover my getaways. It would make things so much easier, but usually, I don't have to worry about that much. I'm not called The Ghost for nothing!" he says with a smile upon his face.

"Then again, I wouldn't be in many situations to have bystanders around to begin with. Give me a bank or museum late at night and I have a ball. No one sees me and then in the morning, they find the place cleaned out just like that." Ghost snapped his fingers to emphasize his statement. "That's how work should be done. No one's the wiser about getting cleaned out."

The Ghost's eyes lit up at Collateral's words. "No? What, you got a job lined up? Something worth stealing?"

Ghost took a sip from his glass and smiled. "Ah, if only I could throw somebody around to cover my getaways. It would make things so much easier, but usually, I don't have to worry about that much. I'm not called The Ghost for nothing!" he says with a smile upon his face.

"Then again, I wouldn't be in many situations to have bystanders around to begin with. Give me a bank or museum late at night and I have a ball. No one sees me and then in the morning, they find the place cleaned out just like that." Ghost snapped his fingers to emphasize his statement. "That's how work should be done. No one's the wiser about getting cleaned out."

Dryad looked at the oil rig under her hood. Being both enticing and hideous, she could pretty much control minds of men. She had an invitation to some club, but had no boat. A quick waltz to any boat owner and then a thorn in his throat solved that problem. She took a boy captive as well, mainly because she held him against a wall a few minutes and he pleaded to be released, also explaining he has qualifications in power boating. She threw him into the boat and let him drive her.

When she arrived at her journey, the boy looked happy. She kissed his cheek, which improved his happiness. Then, he just dropped to the floor, her poison taking effect. She climbed up the ladder, not easy mind you as her fingers were slippery, but she made it up. She flashed the guard the invite and walked in.

Dryad looked at the oil rig under her hood. Being both enticing and hideous, she could pretty much control minds of men. She had an invitation to some club, but had no boat. A quick waltz to any boat owner and then a thorn in his throat solved that problem. She took a boy captive as well, mainly because she held him against a wall a few minutes and he pleaded to be released, also explaining he has qualifications in power boating. She threw him into the boat and let him drive her.

When she arrived at her journey, the boy looked happy. She kissed his cheek, which improved his happiness. Then, he just dropped to the floor, her poison taking effect. She climbed up the ladder, not easy mind you as her fingers were slippery, but she made it up. She flashed the guard the invite and walked in.

The Ghost looked up as the door opened wide to admit another person into the bar. "Looks like we have another visitor, Collateral. Wonder if she's the reason we're here."

The Ghost thought for a moment longer before waving the woman over to the table he shared with Collateral.

The Ghost looked up as the door opened wide to admit another person into the bar. "Looks like we have another visitor, Collateral. Wonder if she's the reason we're here."

The Ghost thought for a moment longer before waving the woman over to the table he shared with Collateral.

It took Dryad a few minutes before she realised that one of the men had offered her a seat at a table he shared. She casually walked over the, the plant life raised as she came close, but then died when she left the area. She glanced at the chair offered and moved it so both of the tables occupants could see. She placed her hand on the chair, and suddenly thorns literally fired through the wood, as if driven by a huge amount of pressure. She raised her hood slightly so they could see her blood red lips curling into a smile as she the chair a bit to prove that it wouldn't dislodge. She placed the chair down softly, but didn't sit on it.

"Gentlemen, it took me a lot of will power not to screech and smash this chair, just thought i would mention. Any idea why were are all gathered together?" Dryad asked.

It took Dryad a few minutes before she realised that one of the men had offered her a seat at a table he shared. She casually walked over the, the plant life raised as she came close, but then died when she left the area. She glanced at the chair offered and moved it so both of the tables occupants could see. She placed her hand on the chair, and suddenly thorns literally fired through the wood, as if driven by a huge amount of pressure. She raised her hood slightly so they could see her blood red lips curling into a smile as she the chair a bit to prove that it wouldn't dislodge. She placed the chair down softly, but didn't sit on it.

"Gentlemen, it took me a lot of will power not to screech and smash this chair, just thought i would mention. Any idea why were are all gathered together?" Dryad asked.

The Ghost raised an eyebrow at the woman's statement. 'Great, another flashy person. Is that all the city calls?' he thought to himself while keeping his smile in place.

"Well, I'm glad you didn't do that. Seems this gella, Legned that keep stabs on this place might not have liked you busting up his joint for no reason." The Ghost waved around the room as he spoke indicating that the man he was speaking of was not present. "I guess by your words that you received an invitation as well, huh? I wonder how many are actually going to show up anyway. Oh, where are my manners. I'm The Ghost," he says emphasizing the article "the". The Ghost lifted his glass and took a small sip as he studued the floral woman more closely.

The Ghost seeemed to be a fairly normal man dressed in all black. By his side was a matching knitted cap that seemed to scream movie prop considering the man's stereotypical ensemble. The black backpack simply comfirmed that The Ghost was little more than a cat burgurlar. Of course, here at the Arena, there was nothing simple with any of its patrons.