The 2011 State of the Site Address

On October 24th, 2007, the Freedom City Play-by-Post board was opened. About three and a half months later, on February 8th, 2008, I joined the site. Six weeks later (March 20, 2008), I was elevated to the Refdom, and about nine weeks after that (July 29th, 2008), following a shocking [redacted] and the brutal [redacted] of the previous administration, ownership & Admin-ship of the site was transferred to me.

(Muah hah hah hah hah!)

Some Numbers

Number of Posts: 121,444

Number of Topics/Threads: 5,335

Number of Users (who've made at least 1 post): 255

Current Active Characters: 71

Number of Refs: 5

Average Posts per Day: 88.41

Average Topics/Threads per Day: 3.88

Oldest Active Member: heritage (joined 1/2/2008)

Newest Active Member: Broseidon (joined 7/10/2011)

Top Active Posters

01 Dr Archeville 11,667
02 AvengerAssembled 8,074
03 quotemyname 7,619
04 Electra 5,977
05 Gizmo 3,988
06 ShaenTheBrain 3,974
07 Geez3r 3,921
08 Heritage 3,563
09 Ecalsneerg 3,444
10 Cyroa 3,371

I would like to think that, on balance, FC PbP has been a fun place for all involved. I fully intend to continue keeping this site chugging along for the foreseeable future; we've told a lot of good stories, and there are still many more left to tell.

I must give special thanks to AvengerAssembled for running so many amazing stories, to ShaenTheBrian for keeping the character bank & character edits clean, and to Sorus for keeping the place running! Thanks also go to Supercape and trollthumper, for all the entertaining and exciting stories they've run, and to Electra and Gizmo, for helping new players with the background/fluff parts of their characters.

I have no grand changes in mind for the site, except in trying to keep a better eye on things, and making sure characters and adventures fit the overall mood/theme/tone of the board (DCAU-esque -- Relevant, not Cynical [or Homophobic/Misogynistic/Racist], and overall Enjoyable). Some things have slipped through that ought not have, and the Refs are going to try and be better about that. We do still have plans for several Big Adventures, which we're still working on figuring out how to implement; we are still learning how (and how not) to best do these.

Thanks for being such great players, and making this such a fun place to run :D