• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No need for a second attack: Dok's at +11 Toughness, but sporting two Bruises, so that's a -2 to his Toughness save. Which means at most he gets is 29. Which fails a DC 40 by 11, which would be Staggered + Stunned, but he's already staggered, so Staggered + Staggered = Unconscious.

Fulcrum KO's Evil!Dok!

EDIT: We have a slight problem, as JoaB & Jill should've posted IC before Fulcrum did, not after. Darius, you jumped the gun!

I think this will work best to salvage/make sense of things: Darius, please edit your last post so she's moving to attack Evil!Dok, but not yet landing her blow. Then add a post where she actually launches her attack, and KOs Evil!Dok.

Shaen, per your post in Load-Bearing Bossesm go ahead and roll init for Thrude now. If Geck and Willow can get here with similar speed (Wilow can teleport!), they can roll, too.

Round 2

29 -- Dynamo -- undamaged -- 4 HP (used one for doubling Dodge bonus)

28 -- Thrude -- Bruise

23 -- Grimalkin -- undamaged -- 7 HP

18 -- Colt -- undamaged, will be fatigued at start of next round -- 6 HP

18 -- ArchEvil -- bruised x2, staggered, stunned, unconscious; Toughness 10 (Imp 8) -- NPC

17 -- Jack of all Blades -- undamaged -- 8 HP

08 -- Jill O'Cure -- undamaged -- Sidekick + 1 HP (from recent fiat)

07 -- Fulcrum -- undamaged -- 3 HP

Dynamo's up!

When will Evil!Dok become Giant Tentacle Dok? Probably next round; give folks time to congratulate themselves on defeating the villain, and discuss what the heck's happened.

How many Hero Points does Thrude have right now?

When will Evil!Dok become Giant Tentacle Dok? Probably next round; give folks time to congratulate themselves on defeating the villain, and discuss what the heck's happened.

Then why are we still bothering with combat rounds?

What descriptor is Colt using for his Blast?

"Bullets" will work just fine here.

Round 2

18 -- Colt -- undamaged, will be fatigued at start of next round -- 6 HP

I think Colt should have 7 HP. He starts with 6 (1+Luck). He got 1 for the mind control, and he got one for Doc's re-roll on the toughness save. (6+2=8) he's only used the 1 for the aiming shenanigans. So he should have 7, am I missing something?

I also can't help but notice that Doc took two standard actions during the round where he attacked Grim and Colt (with grim) and Dynamo. But there's no mention of fiat or surging there. Just a book keeping thing I noticed, and am wondering if it garners an additional HP to Dynamo or something. Or maybe Doc just gets more standard actions than everyone else?

Otherwise, here's my save v DC 27 Grim!Projectile: TOU DC 27 (1d20+15=27) He passes by the skin of his teeth. Can I describe him as catching her?

How many Hero Points does Thrude have right now?

1 (base) + 1 (Villain escape during Terrible Bosses) + 1 (betrayal of an Aesir by a once-trusted German) - (however many was spent in Load Bearing Bosses)

Then why are we still bothering with combat rounds?

... and excellent point! Right, not tracking initiative orders, though I am tracking (roughly) how much time is passing.

Also,

(2011.08.01 - 00:51:53) Dariusprime: (whispers to Dr_Archeville) I'm not sure what you'll post next in Omnia, but Fulcrum is ready to interpose if the Interceptors look to continue attacking after it's obvious Evil!Dok is down for the count.

I think Colt should have 7 HP. He starts with 6 (1+Luck). He got 1 for the mind control, and he got one for Doc's re-roll on the toughness save. (6+2=8) he's only used the 1 for the aiming shenanigans. So he should have 7, am I missing something?

Ah, no, I miscounted.

Otherwise, here's my save v DC 27 Grim!Projectile: TOU DC 27 (1d20+15=27) He passes by the skin of his teeth. Can I describe him as catching her?

/me consults the Brain

(01:26:57) ShaenTheBrain: I'd let him pop a HP for an instant counter, his grapple bonus vs Archeville's STR bonus. He's not just going to be able to stand there and catch her. He's going to have to dodge the throw and at the same time swing into it from behind.

(01:27:39) ShaenTheBrain: Miss the main force of the blow but reach in and grab hold of her and ease her out of the momentum of the throw.

(01:28:14) ShaenTheBrain: (Super-STR doesn't do anything for throwing attacks but allow you to lift more weight and throw it farther.)

(01:28:59) ShaenTheBrain: Heh. If Colt tries this, he's also gonna hafta drop his guns.

(01:29:21) AvengerAssembled: Shaen: Welp, Grim is boned

(01:29:31) Gizmo: Priorities!

(2011.08.02 - 02:04:04) AvengerAssembled: I've got it! Colt counters Grim's throw by shooting her out of the sky!

(2011.08.02 - 02:04:22) AvengerAssembled: And then "Fffff-"

So, pop an HP for an instant counter, then roll your grapple check vs. Evil!Dok's Str bonus

Evil!Dok's Str check (1d20+12=20)

First one (Dok's IRON FIST) was a DC 33. She got a 20, so failed by 13, so she was staggered & stunned.

Second was a DC 27. Since she's stunned, she lost her Defensive Roll, so that 20 is actually a 16, which fails by 11. That's another staggered + stunned, but staggered + staggered = unconscious.

Grim's KO'd.

Thrude takes a free action to switch up her array and a full action to call down the lightning on Doktor Archeville.

As per the rules on Helpless Defenders, his Defense is 5 + sizemod, so DC5. She hits on anything but a natural "1."

Lethal damage.

Thrude's Attack roll (DC5): 9.

Assuming Fulcrum follows through with Interpose, that falls short of Fulcrum's DC20. But the Blast is Homing 2, so it gets two more tries on subsequent rounds.

And it hits on the second one, 1 round later, with a 24. Which means Fulcrum needs to make a DC31 Toughness save.

As I've said in other threads, I'm leaving for the weekend but I don't want to hold this up. I'm going to have my involved characters say whatever peace they can in order to see if that will hold over until tuesday. Forgive the small amount of literary license I'll be taking in the meantime.

Dok, if the Ferros stuff isn't kosher for how you want this thread to go, please by all means remove it (though if you could copy it into this post or save it or something that would be great).

+1 HP to everyone for this rather large setback.

And another +1 HP to all for it gaining a surprise round.

Keep the same initiatives from before. Evil!Dok has an init of +7, Giant Tentacle Beast has an init of -1, so I'll lower his init by 8.

Sorus, I need an init roll for Willow. (And from Ecal for Gecks and Arrowhawk, though Ecal's said RL's beating him down so his chars can be NPC'd)

quote, Ferros is getting bumped to another thread, as we'd discussed.

29 -- Dynamo -- undamaged -- 6 HP

28 -- Thrude -- Bruise -- 4 HP

23 -- Grimalkin -- staggered -- 8 HP

18 -- Colt -- undamaged, fatigued -- 7 HP

17 -- Jack of all Blades -- undamaged, fatigued -- 9 HP

10 -- R'K'Vll -- undamaged -- NPC

08 -- Jill O'Cure -- undamaged -- Sidekick + 2 HP

07 -- Fulcrum -- undamaged -- 4 HP

Surprise Round

Free Action: Throw up Impervious Toughness/Shield

Uncontrolled Shapeshifting (1d20=5) Does not (mechanically) Shapeshift

Standard Action: Activate Environmental Control (roiling chaos)

Everyone within 250 feet of it must make a DC 10 Concentration check to use their Concentration or Sustained duration powers for as long as their EnviroControl is up.

Need init from Sorus for Willow. But since I know she can't beat Dynamo (or Thrude or Grim), we'll move on to Dynamo's his turn.

Surprise Round

Uncontrolled Shapeshifting (1d20=5) Does not (mechanically) Shapeshift

Standard Action: Activate Environmental Control (roiling chaos)

Everyone within 250 feet of it must make a DC 10 Concentration check to use their Concentration or Sustained duration powers for as long as their EnviroControl is up.

To quote the Skipper from Gilligan's Island, "Can you say that in English, Professor?" Namely what are we saving against and what happens is we fail? And what do you mean by EnviroControl? I don't want to know anything that will spoil any hideous, reality-bending surprises, but just a bit of a heads up would be nice.

And also, phenomenally awesome/horrifiyng post, Doc; you just keep digging Viktor's grave deeper and deeper, doncha? ;)

EnviroControl = the power Environmental Control (specifically, the Distracting type).

When it's your turn, and you do something with a Concentration or Sustained duration power, roll a Concentration check, DC 10. Succeed, it works, fail, the roiling chaos overwhelms you and prevents you from using that power that round.

I'm not certain if this applies to Instant duration powers (like JoaB's swords or Colt's guns); I can't access my books (the comp I'm on won't recognize my USB stick :argh:), so I'd appreciate some double-checking on that.