[ArchEvil] Load-Bearing Bosses [OOC]

Heh. That's generous of you, because a Self-Destruct feature usually inflicts twice the HQ's PL in Damage.

Thrude's Reflex save (DC25): 22. So close!

Thrude's Toughness save (DC30): 23. She fails by 7.

Thrude's Stunned for 1 round, and she picks up either a Bruised condition, or a Bruised and an Injured condition. Is this lethal or nonlethal damage?

Am Gecks flat-footed against this?

I'll make the Toughness assuming he's not, but take off 2 from the roll if Gecks is...

Reflex Save, followed by Toughness save (1d20+10=17, 1d20+9=15) Well, yeouch. That one hurts...

I'll burn a HP on the Toughness roll: My aching back! And front! And sides! (1d20+9=18) With +10 for a total of 28, he's just Bruised (and Injured?).

Now, for an odd request... because he rolled so badly initially, but got off near scott-free on the re-roll, and because he never gets to use his Regrowth, can we cut off a hand or something?

Heh. That's generous of you, because a Self-Destruct feature usually inflicts twice the HQ's PL in Damage.

Hunh, so it does. I misread that.

I mean... Good!Dok secretly redirected energies at the last nanosecond!?

Thrude's Stunned for 1 round, and she picks up either a Bruised condition, or a Bruised and an Injured condition. Is this lethal or nonlethal damage?

In keeping with the "Good!Dok's exerting subtle influence on Evil!Dok just as Evil!Dok's been exerting influence on him all these years," I'mma say it's Nonlethal.

Am Gecks flat-footed against this?

I'mma say yes, since this -- having the building fall on him -- is very much a surprise attack.

Now, for an odd request... because he rolled so badly initially, but got off near scott-free on the re-roll, and because he never gets to use his Regrowth, can we cut off a hand or something?

My personal rule of thumb is that a Disabled condition can (if the player agrees) sever limbs (based on the bit about Regrowth saying that if you recover a Disabled condition you can regrow lost limbs), which he would've suffered on that original roll (er, if this was Lethal damage). If you want Gecks to lose a hand, I'm perfectly okay with that.

Also, for posterity:

(2011.07.25 - 17:59:42) Aoiroo: You know, with this I sort of think it's a good thing Thrude opted for the eyepatch instead of the Arche potential mind control implant.

(2011.07.25 - 18:00:53) ShaenTheBrain: That hadn't occurred to me, Aoiroo, but good thinking, yes.

(2011.07.25 - 18:01:24) ShaenTheBrain: On the other hand, it would have made for a sweet scene of Thrude going all hardcore and pulling her own cybernetic eyeball out of her skull.

(2011.07.25 - 18:01:54) ShaenTheBrain: Which is probably the best descriptor for Extra Efforting a new save against a Lasting power and popping a Hero Point for Ultimate Will ever.

(2011.07.25 - 18:03:04) ShaenTheBrain: Damn, I wonder if we should quickly retcon Thrude having caved on getting a new eye from Archie just so I can do that scene...

(2011.07.25 - 18:03:11) Sorus: Hee

(2011.07.25 - 18:03:16) Quinn: Hindsight's... 8-) 20:10, Shaen?

(2011.07.25 - 18:03:16) Sorus: That would be awesome

(2011.07.25 - 18:04:04) Quinn: Okay, that one was just awful. :facepalm:

(2011.07.25 - 18:05:11) ShaenTheBrain: "Quinn: Hindsight's... 8-) 20:10, Shaen?" YEEEAAAHHH!!!

Sorry I'm so late. Was a busy night last night.

Ref DC 25 (1d20+9=13) Yuck.

TOU DC 30 (1d20+10=11) Yea... I'd say that's worth a re-roll

Ferros starts with 3HP, he just got 2 and is spending 1. So he's now hovering at 4HP.

HP Reroll: TOU DC 30 (1d20+10=30) Waaaooooowww!

Honey Badger don't give a @#$%!

So...Ferros is fine... How much does the brownstone weigh? He's gonna try and raise the titanic.

He's got:

Move Object 15 (STR 75 [Heavy Load: 400 tons]) and can Extra Effort that up to Rank 17 which would give him Effective Strength of 85 (Heavy Load: 1600 Tons) and enough to lift a Destroyer by the Core book. The Str 75 is enough to lift a Drilling Rig by itself. I think I can lift some metal infused rubble...

So...Ferros is fine... How much does the brownstone weigh? He's gonna try and raise the titanic.

He's got:

Move Object 15 (STR 75 [Heavy Load: 400 tons]) and can Extra Effort that up to Rank 17 which would give him Effective Strength of 85 (Heavy Load: 1600 Tons) and enough to lift a Destroyer by the Core book. The Str 75 is enough to lift a Drilling Rig by itself. I think I can lift some metal infused rubble...

The (surface) Bronwstone's actually three three-level tonwhouses, each one weighing (based on this article on house weight, and using the average of ~2,000 ft2 for a 3-level towhouse) ~350 tons. 1,000 tons would get all of all three.

In fairly rapid succession, Thrude will reconfigure her array for lots of Super-Strength and a little bit of Flight to shove off the last of the rubble, then her lightning-based Blast power. For the latter, she will use Extra Effort to temporarily acquire the Precise power feat, so she can do as Geckoman asked and cauterize his wound. For now, she'll accept the Fatigued condition.

Thrude will use Extra Effort to stunt the following effect off of her 24PP Divine Power array:

• Flight 9 (5,000mph / 50,000ft per Move Action) [18PP]

Super-Senses 6 (Extended 3 [4, 100,000ft / 20-mile Notice Increments] Tracking 3 [All-Out] Hearing) [6PP]

18 + 6 = 24PP

Then she will attempt to Track the voices of Doktor Archeville and/or the Interceptors.

Thrude's Notice check (DC10): 25. Natural 20.

Thrude will spend a Hero Point to cancel the Fatigued condition from her Extra Effort, so she can move all-out. And then that's exactly what she's going to do.

According to the scale maps in the book, I'm getting a distance of approximately 10-12 miles between the West End and North Bay, between the Brownstone and the Faretti Mansion.

With Flight 9, Thrude can move all-out at 20,000 miles per hour. She can do so for 26 rounds (2 minutes 36 seconds) before she has to start making CON checks. At that top speed, she can cover over 30 miles inside of one round (6 seconds). And she will.