Just because Dok has left doesn't mean the thread needs to end. The most likely scenario I pictured -- feel free to change it up some -- is that Wander keeps Civie!Arrowhawk & Civie!Scarab distracted for a few minutes, then either she goes to check on him or Scarab uses her ESP to scout the house, but finds no sign of him. But they find the note on Omega's chestpiece. If Scarab or 'Hawk clue Wander in on who they are, she may tell them about Mutant!Dok, which makes them realize things are, well, fishy.

EDIT: HPs for all three, too, since the villain escaped!

Sorry for the delay. I'll justify it in-character by saying that, while Arrowhawk and Wander were talking, Scarab was using ESP to scan the house and Telepathy to verify Wander's account.

Arrowhawk and Wander have been talking for a while, so I'll go ahead and say that The Scarab took 20 on her Search of the house, for a result of DC45. Archeville has left the building, and she knows it. Dok, if there's anything else you want that search to turn up, let me know, either here or by PM.

Arrowhawk and Wander both get a DC25 Notice check to feel that eyes-on-their-back sensation in response to The Scarab scrying the area from every possible angle.

Mind Reading check (opposed by Will): 17. :facepalm:

It's a DC20 Notice check for Wander to pick up on the scan, and a DC18* Will save if you want her to resist it (50% chance).

*It's a contested check, and The Scarab's Mind Reading is higher than Wander's Will save, so The Scarab wins a tie.

The Scarab uses her Postcognition to retrace Archeville's recent steps, and those of the breastplate, and her Telepathy to share her visions with Wander and Arrowhawk. If for some reason this isn't kosher, let me know and I'll have her stunt a Phantasm Illusion.

Mechanics!

Knowledge (Arcane) Checks

DC 15: This appears to be a Deep One. Deep Ones are Atlanteans corrupted by some evil preternatural force.

DC 20: They were corrupted by interbreeding with the Serpent People, as well as the influence of the Serpent Scepter (an artifact of the ancient Serpent People civilization of Lemuria that can control minds and turn humans into Serpent People).

Notice Checks

DC 30: It's Dok! Mutated into some manner of hideous fish-man (or, if you made the Know/Arcane check, somehow turned into a Deep One).

Knowledge (Arcane) check: 21. Blackjack!

The Scarab will use Extra Effort to stunt the following AP off of her Psionics array:

Communication 15 (Mental, "Same Star System," Extras: Area, Feats: Selective, Subtle) [22PP]

Along with 18PP of whatever.

No Mind Reading. These are one-way announcements.

For now, she'll accept the Fatigued condition.

Should it prove necessary, The Scarab will, at some point, pop a Hero Point to gain +5 EPs, and "temporarily" acquire the Self-Destruct feature for The Scarab's Lair. There are probably items in her collection which she would rather nuke than see in the hands of Chevalier.

As per the News post and using the Midnight Manor:

Midnight makes the DC20 Notice Check with Skill Mastery.

He can also see what's going on elsewhere in the city using the Manor's monitoring systems:

ESP 6 (Visual Senses, 20 miles, Extras: Duration 2 [Continuous], No Conduit, Simultaneous, Flaw: Medium [surveillance Devices], Power Feats: Fast Task 4, Subtle [DC26 Notice]) [35PP]

I'm assuming the Computers function lets him see public news reports coming in from around the world, as well.

Once she leaves the room, The Scarab will activate her Concealment power. Since she disappeared right in front of you guys, you have ample cause for the Will save clause of Phantasm Concealment. If you want to see through her "psychic invisiblity," it's a DC25 Will save.