Heavy Metal Rocks! (OOC)

Supercape

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, just posting here for thoughts,

Some action is likely to take place in the reactor, lots of heavy radiation - i.e. HM's.

The core rules on radiation environment are a little fudgy to my mind, so I am opening this up for your thoughts as I dont want to be unreasonable about this: Revenenat is of course immune to it all!

Mechanically I would suggest it is:

1. Nauseate effect limited to sicken.

2. Drain CON (little nervous about this).

3. At your option (and very likely for a HP) some mutation (espcially if you are a mutant) temporarily altering your powers etc: in typical comic book style. HP reward of course if its more hindering than advantageous.

I am initially thinking its a DC10 Fort save, +1 DC for every round you spend exposed to the hard radiation (until its treated or a suitable period of time elapsed recovering).

Normal situational bonuses apply (like turnaround teleports in and out of the exposed zone, using those medical / physical sciences / life sciences skills, etc...)

Thoughts please? I wanted to thrown in a slightly difficult environment a) for story and B) to balance out the odds of HM fighting 3 PL 10s. Option 1 with the ascending fort save seems to thrown in the right balance but as the rules are a bit "open" on what radiation does and I dont want to screw around, I just thought I would garner your opinions - I am winging this a bit.

I vote for the first one myself Cape.

Also, I have some edits going up soon (won't change Wisp's power level/caps but it will open up some new fight options for her), though I'll continue to use the sheet as is until we're done here.

[edit]

Also, her fort save for dropping in to the reactor with Rev, 1d20+8=17.

[/edit]

OK before we get into bluffs, lets gather ourselves for round 2!

I am presuming everyone is now in reactor core, and exposed to radiation.

Initiative rolls please!

1d20-1=2

Another fantastic roll from Heavy Metal!

On your initiative, make your Fort saves (obviously not Revenant! :D ). Ill count the roll you made already for Wisp Azuth. DC for this round is 10. Failure means Sickened from Rad poisoning.

Of course, you guys are free to grab Haz Mat Suits, etc. There are indeed some around, but it will take a full round to get into one (or a move action to teleport into one!). The lead lined Hazmat suits give full immunity to the radiation (including Heavy Metals aura) but are pretty bulky and slow - Ill give a -2 penalty to attack, defence and reflex and notice due to their weight, restricted field of vision, etc. You may well feel thats not worth it.

Im doing an IC post for what Heavy Metal is up to, as story etc, not part of combat.

I presume that is some kind of "teleport the atoms off him" corrosion stunt?

[im cool with the stunt, I just like to know the fluff and justification, mainly for narrative purposes, but also to stop the "stunt anything of anything" brigade!]

Anyway 1d20+10=24 the lucky swine! (I presume thats versus DC 21)

Toughness? I imagine thats versus DC 24, and he has one bruise already.

1d20+15=28 Son of a gun!

Incidentally, are you using extra effort or HP for that stunt?

1d20+14=21

A weak show from Heavy Metal!

Stunned (not that it matters as Stunned already), Staggered, 3 Bruise!

Next Round, Wisp is up!

Radiation From the Reactor Kicking in again, DC 11 Fort saves on the beginning of your turn to avoid being Sickened and all the penalties that brings! As normal, Revenant Immune!

18 Wisp Unharmed 2 HP, Fatigued from Extra Effort

17 Reveant Unharmed 1 HP

6 Cheshinre Unharmed 1 HP

2 Heavy Metal 3 Bruised, Staggered, Stunned (Until Init 6)

NOTE:

Of course for fluff purposes the radiation is pretty nasty. Whilst revenant is immune, if you did stay in their for protracted periods of time, yes it would probably kill you. Also, feel free to have an unpleasant decontamination procedure afterwards, and a day of vomiting! :o