Just as Heavy Metal was knocked off balance by Revenant, Cheshire darted in and with a broad swing managed to land a powerful blow. The blade passed noiselessly through the rogue's chest, the storm of red light trailing it clawing hungrily at his very essence.

"I don't have to strike your material form to get at what's inside!" Cheshire gave him a nasty grin. "Now stop prancing about trying to insult us and fight, because you're not putting up a very good show."

GM

"And as for you..." started Heavy Metal, before the Cheshire Ct's Blade swung through his solid Uranium Form.

"uuurrgghhh" he whimpered, sinking to one knee. The metal floor buckled and collapsed under his mass, and threatened to collapse the whole structure for a moment. The three Heroes briefly wobbled as the gangwalk titled slightly under his weight.

"Three to one... cowards!" he moaned, grabbing hold of the railing for support, twisting the metal in his hand...

"No matter..." he gasped "...you won't long...survive..the...radiation here..."

Revenant tip her head to one side and gave her best wide eyed look.

â€Is the poor little Heavy Metal being threaten by three little girls?â€

Stepping up she try to land another blow onto the massive figure

â€The problem is Mr. Metal is that you talk far too much. And take it from me, I should know…â€

Though she hated to admit it she was beginning to enjoy herself.

Wisp dove forward while Revenant mocked Heavy Metal, smoke still swirling around her fists. She shot forward with a left hook at his sternum before delivering a right cross to his jaw. While the first punch didn't have much of an effect, which should have been a grunt of pain as his body was almost teleported but stopped at the last second. The second punch though, made the metal monster-man flinch in pain.

"What's the matter heavy, got lead in your fists? You're so freakin' slow..."

GM

"Bah!" spluttered Heavy Metal "Curse the Lot of you!" he roared, his body smoking from the assault.

"You cannot defeat me! It's impossible! I am far more powerful and intelligent than you!"

He swayed slightly from side to side, in clear contradiction to his boasts of invulnerability.

"Just wait till I get my hands on you! Where's that grinning she-devil with the sword?" he gasped, spinning around, disorientated.

GM"Just wait till I get my hands on you! Where's that grinning she-devil with the sword?" he gasped, spinning around, disorientated.

"I'm right here, Chuckles!" shouted the grinning she-devil as she appeared in front of him. Spinning her sword in a quick upward slice, Cheshire's blade whistled through empty air as Heavy Metal's dizzied staggers managed to just take him out of its path. Quickly recovering, she brought a backhand stroke at him only to be rebuffed again as a desperate parry from the radioactive rogue knocked aside her blade and forced Cheshire to stumble back a couple of steps.

The Cheshire Blade only gave a pleased laugh as her attacks failed, apparently happy that her opponent was managing to put up some fight.

GM

"At last", wheezed heavy metal, in a voice that sounded like wind whistling through a crumpled lead pipe.

"Just stand still, and let me pound you to the ground..." he added, recuperating his strength and then lunging forward, both fists flailing forward. He was a little more clever this time, using shorter jabs and punches, aware of how slippery and fast his opponent could be.

"...I won't let you get away from me this time..." he added, as his uranium fists met the Cheshire Cat full on...

Wisp leapt at Heavy Metal, hoping to distract him from the swordswoman. With a cry of primal rage as she drove her fist at the metal man's chest, "Get away from her you bitch!" When he seemed to shrug off the blow, once again, she grunted in annoyance and a bit of pain as her knuckles popped painfully against his radioactive flesh. She looked him directly in the eyes and muttered under her breath, "This is the part where you fall down."

Oh yes Vicky, quoting a bad video game movie at him, that's sure to win this fight, she thought to herself with

This was getting beyond a joke; this “Heavy Metal†just wouldn’t go down. And she was so aware that the location was having a serious, possible deadly effect on her two fighting companions. And possibly even herself though she had no time to worry about that right now.

All subtly was now out, all she was concerned with was taking this man down Right Now Clasping her hands together she swung at him with all the momentum she could muster. Through gritted teeth, devoid of all the earlier humor she spat out at Heavy Metal.

“Why won’t you just go down.â€

GM

“Why won’t you just go down.â€

Heavy Metal recoiled from unexpected strength.

"Because I refuse to! I am not going back to live as that puny Liebniz! Never! NEVER!" he shouted, as his eyes drifted apart and his head lolled. His arms flailed as he tried to remain upright, punching a hole in the wall to his right and splitting a rail to his left. His few steps dented the metal flooring he pottered on.

"And that hurt, madam!"

"Well, this should hurt more bitch!" Wisp yelled as she rounded on the little man again, her fist still obscured behind a swirling cloud of crimson and snow colored smoke. With an audible crunch her fist hit him square in the nose, likely breaking it painfully. The smoke rolled across his body for an instant before dissipating. When she pulled her fist away, her suspicions about the fate of Heavy Metal's nose was indeed correct as blood poured down his face. With a bit of satisfaction she watched his eyes roll up into the back of his head before falling onto his back.

"Okay, glad that's done," she muttered as her hand-smoke drifted away, "And now, to get out of here before we end up looking like residents of Necropolis or Underworld." With that, she grabbed Chesire and Revenant's hands, teleporting them all out of the core and towards the nearest security station.

It all happened so quickly, Wisp bopped him a good strike on the nose then she was somewhere else. People were generally milling around looking confused.

Lucy may have missed the last 80 years but she wasn’t that slow on the uptake. The next task was to get Heavy Metal out of the, what did they call it, the Reactor Core?

She raised her voice, not wanting to touch anyone just in case.

“Hello all, can I have your attention. Those track on the roof of the chamber, are they some kind of crane mechanism. If so how much can it lift, and can we control it remotely?â€

GM

A decontamination unit was already approaching the three heroes, dressed from head to toe in lead lined overalls, carrying hoses, long brooms, and buckets full of suspicious looking purple liquid.

The four decontamination officers paused slightly at Revenant's question.

"Umm, sure..." one replied. "The remote controlled crane, its moves along the roof, we use it to take out and put in the uranium core's for the reactor. You can control it from there...." he pointed at a series of levers, knobs, and a few computer screens nearby.

"It's dead easy really, you just activa..." he continued, as the three heroes were hit with a hose full of slightly odd smelling purple water that foamed up on them, and then assaulted with three scrubbing brooms.

Wisp gagged at the smell and had to actively force herself not to teleport away as the decontamination crew worked on scrubbing down her. Looking over to either side of her at her two companions she grumbled, "Anyone else suddenly feel less like a superhero and more like a dog recently sprayed by a skunk?"

She mostly remained silent during the rest of the scrub down. "Hey, to avoid risking more damage than there may be already, could you call in somebody trained and experienced with that crane to drag the guy out of there?"

GM

"Hey, to avoid risking more damage than there may be already, could you call in somebody trained and experienced with that crane to drag the guy out of there?"

"Sure, if it comes to that, I'm trained to do it myself" said the decontamination guy, who looked slightly disappointed he wouldn't get to continue scrubbing down three attractive young superheroines.

Never thought I would get to that in my job... he thought to himself.

With a few clicks, pulls, and rotations of the various controls, the crane had picked up the unconscious form of Heavy Metal and dumped him, without ceremony, besides the three young heroes of the day.

"Careful" said the decontamination guy. "He is still hot. Not like the reactor... which we will have to shut down for a bit, by the way, given what he did to it. Seemed he knew what he was doing. But he is actually radioactive himself. Don't touch him. And damn he is heavy, even our crane struggled..."

Any thoughts of further questions were cut short by a quick hose down and a scrub by the team of decontamination officers.

So this is the future!

Cleaner than she’d been in day’s and safe from whatever harm the radiation could do, she stood and watched feeling a little proud with herself as Heavy Metal was lowered down to them.

“That was great, thank you.†She gave a friendly smile at the luckless operator.

She then shot the other two heroes a look.

“So, exactly what should we do with him now? This is actually my first villain…â€

GM

Even as she spoke, the motionless body of Heavy Metal started to glow slightly. Before the three heroines very eyes, the dull uranium body slowly but clearly was reverting back to normal human flesh.

And soon, before them lay the body of a white haired elderly man, somewhat short, dressed in the somewhat ragged clothes that had tailored Heavy Metal.

"Whu---whu---where am I?" he mumbled. "What is this place? Freedom City Nuclear Reactor? What I am doing here?"

He looked around.

"Why I am dressed like this? did somebody mug me?" he groaned, still rather shaken. Looking around he spied the three superheroines.

"You..and you...and you!" he said, pointing. "You did this! you mugged me! I'll sue you!" he said weakly.