Recruiting: The Gorgon Mega-Thread

SO!

The Gorgon, aka Cosmic Entity 31966, is coming to the Solar System. Her power is stupendous, her purpose terrible: to transform planets she deems worthy of 'preservation' into balls of lifeless nanites, preserving all life inside it like flies frozen forever in cosmic amber.

This will be a cross-FCPBP event, culminating near the beginning of September. I need volunteers (as both players and GMs) for:

The Lab and the League: Freedom City's greatest science heroes and their most respected champions journey into space to take the fight to the Gorgon herself! (I'm running this one)

The Interceptors: The Interceptors war against the huge plant minions seeded by the Gorgon before her arrival as said pawns try to encase all of Freedom City beneath cosmic vines, but they soon find the greatest threat is from one of their own as Willow is empowered as the mighty Herald of the Gorgon!

Parkhurst: The Grue Arcane take advantage of the chaos of the Gorgon's coming and the subsequent weakening of Earth's magical defenses to stage raids on Earthly mystics.

Claremont 1: The Neo-Gen finds trouble from one of their old classmates as the arrival of the mightiest artifact of the Preservers transforms the Preserver-empowered Megastar into a cosmically-powered threat!

Claremont 2: As the adults go into space, the children of Young Freedom are left below to battle against the Crime League as they plot to seize Freedom Hall and the secrets within. (I'm running this one)

For everyone else, ONCE THE EVENT STARTS, the eventual word of the Gorgon's arrival (and her eventual appearance in the sky itself!) will make for thread potential across Freedom City for the remainder of the summer as people deal with what might be the end of the world itself!

UPDATE: News of The World

I dont think I can GM (unless you are really really desperate), as busy GMing masses at the moment, and quite frankly, im not up to that level of GMing!

But let me be the first to sign up Supercape for the Lab, and Rene for Parkhurst!

May need some though re: Supercape however, given he can track it with ESP.

The Interceptors: The Interceptors war against the huge plant minions seeded by the Gorgon before her arrival as said pawns try to encase all of Freedom City beneath cosmic vines, but they soon find the greatest threat is from one of their own as Willow is empowered as the mighty Herald of the Gorgon!

Well, if I can ever get Gecks into the 'Ceptors without being sidetracked...

Arrowhawk fits in none of those group, Equinox... she's not part of Parkhurst, but has strong ties to it if there's space in the thread.

I'm definitely in as a player. Don't know about GMing though.

Fulcrum would be with the Interceptors obviously. Then again Dr. Archeville will be with the League. Perhaps arrangements could be made for new battle couple to fight together? Then again the Interceptors will need her! Decisions, decisions.

Anyway, sounds good.

I'll play Dok in the League, but will GM the Interceptors bit.

Dead Head could fight with the Parkhurst crew, or see to any other generic mayhem.

Protectron could go with The Lab, but since The Lab and The League are both together, and we don't want one player having two PCs in the same thread ('cuz that makes post counting hard), he could stay behind and help out on Earth. Maybe help coordinate communications.

Oh I so wish I could take part in this, but I can't see anyway to get involved.

Guess I'll have to wait for trouble to spill over :).

It may well be cutting it fine, but if Revenant is magical in origin, she might be able to join the Parkurst Hotel team. Either for the purposes of the event, or if you are sticking around the site and can pitch in a PP, as a member.

Hmmm... Jubatus runs real fast. This is not, on the face of it, a power which lends itself well to taking on something the size of a planet that can beat the crap out of interstellar warfleets. The only "major subthread" I could see Jube getting involved with is the sciencey Lab thread, and that only if the big brains decide Jube's continuum-bending Timeshift power might be worth exploiting in some way. Otherwise... the cheetah will help out with whatever local problems (i.e., minor subthreads) he ends up fighting against.

Ooo, neat!

With all the heroes preparation for the greatest disaster ever, people will be ridden with hysteria and plentiful of disasters. They need people trying to keep things like they should... Vanguard will be one of those, unless stated otherwise. I see great potential in a series of post about "cotidiane heroics" Damage Control ot Gotham Police style, when no matter how many powers you have, you face with something you can´t fight.

It may well be cutting it fine, but if Revenant is magical in origin, she might be able to join the Parkurst Hotel team. Either for the purposes of the event, or if you are sticking around the site and can pitch in a PP, as a member.

Thank you. I am planning to stay around, and I've got a month to prove myself and earn the points. So I guess put me down as a reserve.

Blueshift for the Science Heroes.

Ferros for the Parkhurst Hotel crew (His powers are magical in nature, but that's still a secret at this point). Or, if he earns a spot with the interceptors, that'll be top priority.

If Heritage gets his act together, Covalent for Claremont 1.

Doc, if you've got a lot on your plate, and Ferros doesn't make it onto the interceptors, I'd be happy to throw my hand in as GM for their thread since the interceptors and I go way back ;)

I'm thinking that by the time this happens, Ferros (and Geckoman!) would already be on the Interceptors.

And Dok may be indisposed... because AA is gracious enough to let me try and wrap up my Evil Dok Gone wild thing before the Gorgon actually arrives, so let's get that Weeding Thread wrapped up!

Changeling's in for both the Parkhurst and the Neo-Gen.

I want to throw Sil in too, not sure where she'd fit in though. If any of this involve infiltration, planting bombs, gathering information, that'd be something she could definitely be a part of. She'll probably be working with any other players who aren't in those particular factions that are in on this.