Bride of the Reptile (IC)

GM

The trio of teen heroes brought the notes back to ASTRO Labs, where they were able to aid the scientific progress -- by waiting. And killing time. And staying out of people's way. The truth is none of them had the scientific acumen to really help with reverse engineering whatever it was Goanna had put into Dr. Marks, but none of them felt like leaving before they knew what the prognosis was. A few hours later Dr. Tanner collected the Claremont heroes and led them into a medical room on one of the building's above-ground floors. The figure in the bed was... off. It was of normal human proportions, and had Sophia Marks' features. However, her skin was still lime green and there was a distinct pattern of scales over it.

Dr. Tanner let the three heroes absorb the sight for a minute, then turned to them, smiling widely. "It was tough," he admitted. "Dr. Seidel was a genius, not least in his own field. But with those notes, we were able to halt the damage to her system and even begin to reverse it. In a day or so, she should be back to her old self."

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While they waited, Wisp had snuck back to the Starbase Coffee shop and snagged her and the others' bags before making the multiple-jump trip back to the building. It took far less time than she'd expected and she was hardly missed by her comrades.

After being lead to the medical room and being shown Doctor Marks, Wisp breathed a sigh of relief, "That's good to hear Doctor. I wish we could have gotten Goanna locked up somewhere where he wouldn't be able to do this to Doctor Marks again. I don't suppose there's some way to, I don't know, inoculate her from further attempts of this nature?"

Changeling sat quietly munching on a muffin she had requested from Victoria as she sat quietly. The paralysis agent had worn off by the time they arrived, but the burn was still a little painful. She really hated getting hit with such things,

"That would be ideal, though I suppose it may help if someone is sent to guard her from the beast. He is very singleminded, I do not think this will be his last attempt on Dr. Marks. Do you know any facilities that may take her that are a bit better guarded?"

"Goanna hasn't tried to attack ASTRO Labs directly for years," Dr. Tanner said. "He knows we're too well-protected for him to get in. But in any case, we'll be transferring Dr. Marks over to the Lab once we've made more of the counter-serum. This whole facility," he added, gesturing the medical ward, "is more intended for emergency care, anyway. They can handle long-term recovery better than us." The scientist shook each of the teen's hands firmly, giving them each a small nod of respect. "Thank you, heroes. If it wasn't for you, Dr. Marks would be dead by now. She owes you her life, and we all owe you a debt of gratitude."

Minutes later the three of them were standing outside of the building, watching the sun start to sink towards the horizon. Glowstar touched the collar of his cape and his costume shrank back down until it was just a ring around his finger again. "So," he said, glancing at the other two Claremonters. "That was an interesting afternoon. Stopped a supervillain, saved a woman's life... and I just remembered about the paper." He rubbed at his eyes with one hand. "What are we going to do about that?"