Soul in the Iron (OOC)

Supercape

First off, in this situation whilst you very strictly would be flat footed, I always GM people under such very "controlled" fights are never flat footed as you are both totally prepared for combat. I hope thats ok.

Gauntlet:

Move Action: Intimidate (at -5 penalty) 1d20+1=12 no chance.

Standard Action: Le Punch! Attacking at +2, DC -2

Attack 1d20+8=22 Le Ouch!

I think that may be un hit! at +12

DC 27 Toughness

1d20+14=16 Gauntlet is far from as lucky.

Injured and Stunned.

Now, to make things awkward, for you - the fly in the ointment! well, he is a PL below!

The cavern is filling with mist! Partial Concealment next round to visual anyway...

Following on from his notice roll, Arcturus can hear arcane chanting / mumbling from those small passageways.

Next round.

Gauntlet - Stunned, Injured.

Arcturus - HP 2 - Uninjured.

Ok round over.

As per chat, partial concealment causes you to miss.

Next round, as before!

Gauntlet up again, using same tactics but not bothering with intimidate.

As he has tremorsense, he is ok.

Warning, the mist is getting thicker and thicker - in two rounds, it will be full concealment!

1d20+8=24

Another DC 27 Tough save for Arc! :o

Ok the Cultist is also moving all out down the corridors.

Now, the corridors are pretty cramped - cramped enough that base movement is half normal anyway.

As far as I can see, your movement in human form is not anything over normal - so its a race of endurance - unless you have any trick up your sleeve?

I was gonna try something complex, but it's taking too long. So... we'll do this instead:

Spending a HP to acquire Speed 1, tapping into the primal force of the Beast Rune to surpass his human limitations. Since he's moving all-out with a movement power, it adds +2 to the rank, giving him an effective Speed 3 (50 mph). Does that work?

Well, technically an HP allows you to gain a feat, however, I am perfectly willing to allow a feat Speed 1 here as it fits with fluff and everything.

Basically, its just pure handwavium.

So yes, for an HP, he taps into something beastly, catches up with and punches cultist in face, knocking him down.

Even though you are in human form, and therefore he may pose a slight threat, not going to roll yet. Fluffing it slightly, could you roll an intimidate check?