Soul in the Iron (OOC)

Supercape

Gonna make use of Arc's artificer feat for this:

Device 4 (Easy to lose; Flaws: Unreliable [5 uses per day], PFs: Indestructible, Restricted [Artificer feat only]) (magic, Light Rune) [10PP]

Blast 8 (80 ft. range; PF: Accurate, Alternate Power 2, Precise) (Searing Light)

AP: Dazzle 9 (Affects visual senses; 90 ft range) (Solar Flare)

AP: Environmental Control 9 (Light; 90 ft. range, 2500 ft. radius) (Illumination)

GOing with that, sorry for the delay, should have said yes yonks ago, but was peeking at rules for my own interest. Selfish me!

Right, so thats a 10 PP artifice.

Roll time!

Design phase:

DC 20 Knowledge (Arcane) Check, will take 20 hours to design. Take a -5 penalty to cut this down to 10 hours.

Construction Check:

DC 20 Craft (Art), will take 40 hours to design, take a -5 penalty on roll to cut down to 20 hours.

Bear in mind artifice will last for one encounter (an HP will allow it to carry on for another one).

So overall thats about 2-3 days (less if you are taking -5 penalties). Let me know if thats ok with you.

I believe the consensus here is that, when you use Artificer/Inventor/Ritualist, you make Powers, not Devices. They're already a temporary thing, so they shouldn't benefit from the Device discount. (We've gone back and forth on it some over the years; Kenson said this when I asked him.) I'll leave it up to SC.

Thanks Doc, the concensus on chat was, I think, that you could buy it with Flaw: Removable... My vote is this is another ambigious fudge.

Personally I would have thought that you couldnt buy the Flaw Removable on a device, thats "Built in" to a device (and that seems to follow the Daedelus example in the core book).

However, I doubt this is particularly relevant: so I will go with chat concensus and the vital spirit of getting on with the game rather than poring over rules (particularly if they aren't earth shattering), so lets just go with it...!

Could I have Sense Motive Rolls and Notice Rolls for Marcus please?

THe man is obviously shaken up (no roll needed for that)!

DC 15 / 25 For both, 15 Giving you clues, Giving you really good clues...

Also, when interacting with the man, feel free to make diplomacy / bluff / intimidate rolls depending on how you are interacting, if you wish.

Worker is transforming into... a CROCODILE!!!

ANd yes, that is a version of a beast rune on its forehead.

For reference, using the "Crocodile" stats in M&M, but the thing is not a minion.

Initiative time: 1d20+1=10

Also, with one dropped flashlight and one in Marcus hand, we are effectively in "low-light" conditions, giving partial concealment. The Croc has low light vision, however, muahaha!

NIcely done, I will presume that is with your claws power for DC 25

1d20+7=19 Croc Stunned and bruised.

Also, it gets a Fort Check to shake of dazzle:

1d20+9=25 which it does comfortably.

Also, forgot KB ( I confess not my favourite part of M&M, one I tend to miss!)

Damage Bonus: 10

KB Modifier of Croc: -3 (1/2 Tough), -4 (Size), for KB of 3, or 5 feet.

Arc up next round:

15 Arc - 1 HP - Unharmed

10 Croc - Stunned [till 15], Bruised x1

Could you make a "to hit" roll first to see if grapple hits? Croc is flat footed due to being stunned, so Defence is only +2.

Crocs Grapple bonus is +6 [Attack Bonus], +4 [Growth], +8 [strength] for +18 total.

1d20+18=31

Fail by 5, so pinned (providing you hit).

As for intimidate, technically thats a standard action, unless you are using your move action to try a intimidation (I see you have the feat that eliminates that -5 penalty).

I am unfortunately temporarily without Book of Magic, I was going to use it for the Iron Golem [with a few mods]

If its Ok with you, I can wing some stats: Its PL 10, DC and Toughness shifted +4

STR 38 DEX 10 CON -- INT 10 WIS 10 CHA 10 [8 PP]

Attack +6 (Includes -1 From Size), Defend +6 (+2 Flat Footed, Includes -1 from Size) [24 PP]

Fort -- Reflex +0 Will -- Toughness +14 (Impervious +6), Initiative +0, Knockback -18, Grapple +27

Skills: Intimidate 4 [+6 including Size] [1 PP]

Feats: None

Powers: 19 + 13 + 66 + 13 + 2 = 113

Density 6 (x5 Mass, +12 STR, +3 Impervious Protection,Immovable 2, Super Strength 2, Permanent, Innate)

Growth 4 (Large, +8 STR, +2 Toughness, Permanent, Innate)

Immunity 65 (Will Saves, Fort Saves, Electrical damage, Innate)

Protection 9 (Impervious 3, Innate)

Supersenses 2 (Tremorsense)

Disadvantage: Slow to react (-4 to Initiative Rolls) 1 PP.

Total Cost = 9+24+1+113-1=146PP.

I hope that works out ok for you. Its kind of a construct, but animated but a beast rune.

Incidentally, it is not attacking yet, still social (ish!).

EDIT/PS: I have just created a new nemesis for you! GAUNTLET! :D