The Satyr

Broseidon

Player Name: Broseidon

Character Name: The Satyr

Power Level: 10 (150/150PP)

Trade-Offs: None

Unspent PP: 0

Progress To Bronze Status: 0/30

In Brief: A satyr who just woke up from millenias long curse to find the world has changed.

Alternate Identities: ΗÏων (original name)

Identity: Secret, though not really secretive about his true nature

Birthplace: Ancient Greece

Affiliations: Daedalus, Harrier

Family: all gone

Apparent Age: 25ish

Ethnicity: Ancient Greek Mythological Creature

Height: 6'6"

Weight: 260 lbs

Eyes: Gold

Hair: Black

Description: The most distinguishing feature about him is his goat legs and horns protruding from his forehead. The legs are covered in black goat fur and end in hooves. The horns are black and quite large, though the curl up on the side of his head, like ram tusks. His skin is brown. His hair is thick, but short. His human body shape is very muscular with broad shoulders. Despite having hair, eyebrows and very hairy legs, there is no one single bit of hair on his body elsewhere.

Though he doesn't look like that all of the time. He possesses the ability to turn into attractive humanoid forms. He doesn't have a favorite, but the one people most know him as is his what he looks like sans goat legs and horns.

Power Descriptions: He really doesn't have any show outward powers. Though his most blatant powers are his ability to run really fast and his horns. The rest are just divine nature.

History: Back in the land of time unsurmountable, gods roamed the land. People now know them as Zeus and Ares, Hades and Hermes, on and on. Though ΗÏων was not a god, he was not mortal either. He was one of their many creations. Being a satyr didn't have much responsibility. Sure you had to go to parties Dionysusthrew, but that really wasn't a chore at all. ΗÏων's satyr buddies and he had the same interests: living life to the fullest no matter what. But ΗÏων's satyr buddies also had a nickname for him, "goddess chaser". Sure he'd cavort with the nymphs of the land as was pretty much his nature to do, but he'd always talk about his one true love, Aphrodite. He'd always talked about his love for the goddess in more than a way that was just lewd nymph jokes. He thought he could actually be something more to her than that. When Dionysus heard this he laughed his ass off and told him he'd put in a good word for ΗÏων. Aphrodite got wind of this and was amused at the thought. She wanted something new to play with anyway. The next bash Dionysus threw, Aphrodite was there. She was amused by the antics, but she was there for a reason. She saw her target and approached him. ΗÏων was with his satyr buddies and didn't see the goddess sneak up behind him. She held him and whispered in his ear and instantly he knew it was her. It too all of his fortitude to not melt on the spot, but he did hold together. She offered him one chance to prove himself to her. She kept ΗÏων for a few days. And he tried to do everything the goddess wanted. When the pleasure and passion was over, she whispered the last four words he would hear dor a while, "You have failed me." Even her scorn sounded lovely to him. He was whisked away to Athens to sit in a square as a statue. before he lost conciousness he saw the rest of his satyr buddies as statues too. A final punishment from Aphrodite.

ΗÏων didn't technically lose conciousness. it was minimally there. His mental senses lacked definition, but they were there. Millenia after millenia past as his weak thought absorbed everything it could.the semi-conscious thought of everyone around him. Though sadly he could not feel his brothers in arms. In 2011, something happened. The curse broke for him. He was in modern day Athens, now holding up a fountain. Steeping from under it he saw that his satyr buddies were still statues. Not only that, people pointed and stared at the six and a half foot beast in horror. He tried to speak to them but they would not listen! They called for a hero, any hero. Luckily Daedalus happened to be in Athens at that point. After a small tussle and a lengthy explanation, he took ΗÏων far, far away from Athens to Freedom City. They would be much more accepting of him there. He said he would help ΗÏων try to free his friends, but in the mean time he would have to lay low. Daedalus called someone and set up a meeting. Someone named Harrier.

Personality & Motivation: Bombastic. Loud. Never a dull moment for him. He's a fun-loving type. He wants everyone else to have a good time too! So he'll go out of his way to make sure they do. He won't put them in danger's way to do so, but anything short of that. He's also has a chivalric attitude. He wants to protect people as much as he wants to have fun. Also, his word is his bond. He's a hero because he feels it is his duty to protect the people from harm.

Powers & Tactics: When he has to fight, he will assume his natural form. Possessing horns and speed unparalleled by normal mortals, he charges into the fray. He has no fear of death, so he can charge fool-hardy into anything really. That along with his divine luck makes things much easier to bash heads.

Complications:

Emotions: He's partially a living personification of a few. They're much stronger when they flow through him than a normal mortal.

Chivalry: this is the strongest one he feels though.

Creature of Habit: Though he is a creature made for the express purpose of "having masculine fun". It's hard to deny instincts.

Creature!: In his normal form, some might not accept him.

Abilities: 12 + 8 + 22 + -2 + 2 + 10 = 52PP

Strength: 22 (+6)

Dexterity: 18 (+4)

Constitution: 30 (+10)

Intelligence: 8 (-1)

Wisdom: 12 (+1)

Charisma: 20 (+5)

Combat: 8 + 8 = 16PP

Initiative: +4

Attack: +4, +10 melee

Grapple: +16

Defense: +4 (+4 Base, +6 Dodge Focus), +2 Flat-Footed

Knockback: -5

Saving Throws: 1 + 5 + 3 = 8PP

Toughness: +10 (+10 Con, +0)

Fortitude: +11 (+10 Con, +1)

Reflex: +9 (+4 Dex, +5)

Will: +4 (+1 Wis, +3)

Skills: 48R = 14PP

Bluff 15 (+20)

Diplomacy 15 (+20)

Handle Animal 3 (+8)

Language 1 (Ancient Greek, English)

Knowledge (arcane lore) 2 (+1)

Knowledge (history) 2 (+1)

Notice 8 (+9)

Perform (wind instruments) 10 (+15)

Feats: 19PP

Attack Focus (melee) 6

Challenge 2 (Fast Feint, Fast Taunt)

Distract (Bluff)

Dodge Focus 6

Fascinate (Perform)

Takedown Attack 2

Taunt

Powers: 8 + 3 + 15 + 2 + 10 + 3 = 41

Comprehend 4 (speak any language, understand any language, speak to animals, understand animals) [8PP] (divine connection to the mortal world)

Immunity 3 (aging, disease, poison) [3PP] (divine body)

Luck Control 3 (share HP, spend HP for another, force reroll, Feats: Beginner's Luck, Luck 5) [15PP] (Luck of the Gods)

Regeneration 1 (Resurrection 1 [1/week], Feats: Regrowth) [2PP] (divine body)

Shapeshifting (Feats: Alternate Power 1) [10PP]

• Base Power: Morph 3 (any humanoid, Extras: Duration [Continuous]) [9PP] (shapeshifting)

Alternate Power: Leaping 2 [2PP] and Speed 2 [2PP] (goat legs) and Strike 4 (Feats: Mighty) [5PP] (horns)

Super Senses 3 (Scent, Uncanny Dodge [scent], Danger Sense [scent]) [3PP] (divine senses)

Drawbacks: -0PP

None

DC Block

ATTACK      RANGE     SAVE                        EFFECT

Unarmed     Touch     DC21 Toughness (Staged)     Damage (Physical)

Horns       Touch     DC25 Toughness (Staged)     Damage (Physical)

Abilities (52) + Combat (16) + Saving Throws (8) + Skills (14) + Feats (19) + Powers (41) - Drawbacks (0) = 150/150 Power Points

Abilities: 12 + 8 + 12 + -2 + 2 + 12 = 44PP

Strength: 22 (+6)

Dexterity: 18 (+4)

Constitution: 22 (+6)

Intelligence: 8 (-1)

Wisdom: 12 (+1)

Charisma: 22 (+6)

Works out. :toot:

Combat: 8 + 8 = 16PP

Initiative: +2

Attack: +4, +10 Horns

Grapple: +10

Defense: +4 (+4 Base, +6 Dodge Focus), +2 Flat-Footed

Knockback: -5

Works. :toot:

Saving Throws: 5 + 5 + 3 = 13PP

Toughness: +10 (+6 Con, +4 Protection)

Fortitude: +11 (+6 Con, +5)

Reflex: +9 (+4 Dex, +5)

Will: +4 (+1 Wis, +3)

Those saves work. :toot:

Skills: 0R = 9PP

Bluff 7 (+13, +21 attractive)

Diplomacy 7 (+13, +21 attractive)

Language 1 (Ancient Greek, English)

Knowledge (arcane lore) 2 (+1)

Knowledge (history) 2 (+1)

Perform (wind instruments) 9 (+15)

I'm counting 28 skill ranks, which comes out to costing 7 PP, not 9. And you need to list how many ranks.

Feats: 12PP

Attack Specialization 3 (horns)

Attractive 2

Dodge Focus 6

Taunt

You have plenty of points. Buy up Attack Focus (Melee) 6 and be able to smack folks with your fists, as well as the horns.

Powers: 4 + 3 + 5 = 12PP

Protection 4 [4PP]

Speed 3 [3PP]

Strike 4 (Feats: Mighty) [5PP]

Nothing here is out of place. Well done! :toot:

I'd buy Challenge (Fast Taunt) and (Fast Feint) from the Mastermind's Manual. They let you do the Taunt and Feint actions as move actions, instead of standard actions, with no penalty. I'd also probably get rid of a rank of Attractive and buy up skills directly, to make him more effective against folks not of the proper orientation. Other than that... I dunno. He's a satyr, so maybe some Leaping or Emotion Control?

I wont clog up with two much, but a few ideas:

1. With so much dodge focus, Satyr will be in trouble if flat footed. I would suggest getting Uncanny dodge feat (maybe auditory), and/or ideally bumping up base defence and losing some dodge focus, so even if he is flat footed he still has a little defence.

Thats my mind thought on making him combat-ready.

2. Personally I would lose the attractive feat and plump up Bluff and Diplomacy to maximum: you can still say he is "attractive" as fluff. But this means he is much more versatile in his charms (And ability to taunt, and feint).

3. I would consider some way of making him blend into normal society or be able to. The most obvious way would be to buy some ranks in morph, 4 would be more than enough to make him virtually undetectable most of the time (for 8 PP). If you wanted, you could buy an alternate power of this as visual concealment. All of this would represent some kind of magical "Glamour" etc.

4. For flavour, in chat and from my own mind: maybe a few rounding off powers like: Comprehened (animals mainly, but potentially languages if you can come up with some mythological justification), animal empathy feat, animal handling skill (well, with his CHA its worth it!), and a few supersenses (like scent, tracking, extended hearing and vision), oh and bump up his notice skill with that.

5. If you really have some PP to burn, maybe a device (pipes) with emotion control / confuse / animal control powers (as alternate power array?) with sense dependent flaw (auditory).

6. Finally, you cant go wrong with some ranks in the Luck feat. Potentially of course, a Satyr could also get the luck control power.

This looks like a really fun character!

I'll just add a final few points fine tuning, take em or leave em.

1. Your Alternate Power from Morph - Horns and Goat legs, seems to be 1 PP less than what it could spend. There is of course no need to spend that PP. But you might consider lumping in something like an extra rank of speed, a rank of leaping, or adding Improved Critical 1 [19-20] feat to the horns?

2. Luck Control 4 is very handy. Ill just say from a purely personal perspective that I avoid the "negate GM fiat" level like the plague. Sure it may be powerful, but GM's use the fiat for a reason - for more fun! (unless you have some crazy GMs), so ultimately it always feels a little self defeating to me (unless you are using it to specifically counter out luck from an NPC - which is as rare as rocking horse manure). Ill just leave you to ponder that. It would save you 3 PP and give you more fun in my opinion.

3. With so many ranks of Luck, and being immortal, I wonder if you might consider the Beginner's Luck feat? It could represent having garnered a mass of skills over the centuries and by popping a HP, you sunddenly get +5 ranks in a skill that you have 4 or less in (this would bump up some skills like animal handling or his knowledge skills if you needed them!). Of course, it kind of depends on how long he has been around and how you see his experience.

4. Finally, might be worth buying some ranks in notice. Its a handy skill anyway, partially represents more refined senses or alertness (befitting a Satyr) and is kind of needed to make Danger Sense fire off reliably.

My suggestions on above, and they are truly humble ones, would be:

a) drop one rank of Luck control (the negate GM fiat. But make sure you identify the other three on your sheet) -3 PP

B) add "Beginners Luck Feat" to the Luck Control array (or as a stand alone feat, depending on how you see it working) +1 PP

c) Add 8 Ranks of Notice (for +9 total) +2 PP

d) Add Improved Critical 1 (19-20) to Strike Power (free).

Just suggestions, sorry to be intrusive on your character. :D Liking him!