[Announcement] Forming a Superhero Team!

Shadowboxer

Some players and Refs I've gamed with or I'm currently gaming with may notice that Nightrival is thinking about a "secret project." What I'm referring to (spoiler alert!) is the possibility of putting together a superhero team.

So far, the invitation is limited to Shinken (Toptomcat), Grim (Heritage), Sen (Warmonger), Hub (Heridfel) and Velocity (Thevshi), characters that have worked with Nightrival. At the end of each game I am currently playing, I will have him invite each character to a meeting and we can go from there. This doesn't mean that other players will not be invited; it makes sense from a story-telling perspective that Nightrival will only invite heroes he knows and trusts. Other characters are welcome to join after the first meeting. Nightrival will not lead the group, by the way.

My plan won't come to fruition until I finish my games. I'm currently swamped, and I still have to finish building two NPCs. When I'm ready, I will send a PM to players who have shown interest, post an announcement here then start a thread in the appropriate forum. Players can RP the scene as we decide on a name and possibly a logo.

Does this seem like a viable option for people? Are you interested, not interested? Thoughts? Suggestions?

Some players and Refs I've gamed with or I'm currently gaming with may notice that Nightrival is thinking about a "secret project." What I'm referring to (spoiler alert!) is the possibility of putting together a superhero team.

So far, the invitation is limited to Shinken (Toptomcat), Grim (Heritage), Sen (Warmonger), Hub (Heridfel) and Velocity (Thevshi), characters that have worked with Nightrival. At the end of each game I am currently playing, I will have him invite each character to a meeting and we can go from there. This doesn't mean that other players will not be invited; it makes sense from a story-telling perspective that Nightrival will only invite heroes he knows and trusts. Other characters are welcome to join after the first meeting. Nightrival will not lead the group, by the way.

My plan won't come to fruition until I finish my games. I'm currently swamped, and I still have to finish building two NPCs. When I'm ready, I will send a PM to players who have shown interest, post an announcement here then start a thread in the appropriate forum. Players can RP the scene as we decide on a name and possibly a logo.

Does this seem like a viable option for people? Are you interested, not interested? Thoughts? Suggestions?

TopTomcat might have dropped out, but other than that, you're golden. Sounds like a very nice street-level team you have in mind there, Shadowboxer.

Yeah, Top seems to have gone missing. He hasn't posted in nearly two months, but he has been visiting the site occasionally since then. Probably just real life stuff. It usually is.

TopTomcat might have dropped out, but other than that, you're golden. Sounds like a very nice street-level team you have in mind there, Shadowboxer.

Yeah, Top seems to have gone missing. He hasn't posted in nearly two months, but he has been visiting the site occasionally since then. Probably just real life stuff. It usually is.

The only thing I might see is that if Nightrival is planning for this to be a more "street-level" group (as VM mentioned), Velocity really wouldn't fit in.

That's a very good point, Thevshi. My original intent was to have a mixed group, although it would make sense if the team was street-level given the characters involved. Velocity could turn down Nightrival's offer and be a reserve member instead. :)