Maybe Baby (OOC)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DC25 followed by DC20 Toughness save (1d20+2=22, 1d20+2=20) Hehehehehehe. 2 Bruises, if the second roll takes a penalty.

Hayley only suffers a Bruise.

Equinox:

Free Action: Maintain Force Field.

Free Action Maintain Sensory Link.

Free Action: Spend Hero Point to temporarily acquire Takedown Attack.

Free Action: Switch magic array to the Sword.

Move Action: Move up to Hayley's attackers

Standard Action: Attack using the sword, Power Attacking for 2 and taking 10 for a roll of 18 (remember, she's Fatigued as I never bought off Extra Effort). DC 25 Strike attacks, each one *preceded* by a Nullify Magic check (reflected in the rolls, opposed by power rank or Will) (1d20+13=24, 1d20+13=19) I screwed up the DCs, apparently remembering to up the Nullify to 13, but not the Strikes to DC27. Remember, even if it's a sword, non-lethal by default.

DC25 followed by DC20 Toughness save (1d20+2=22, 1d20+2=20) Hehehehehehe. 2 Bruises, if the second roll takes a penalty.

Hayley only suffers a Bruise.

Equinox:

Free Action: Maintain Force Field.

Free Action Maintain Sensory Link.

Free Action: Spend Hero Point to temporarily acquire Takedown Attack.

Free Action: Switch magic array to the Sword.

Move Action: Move up to Hayley's attackers

Standard Action: Attack using the sword, Power Attacking for 2 and taking 10 for a roll of 18 (remember, she's Fatigued as I never bought off Extra Effort). DC 25 Strike attacks, each one *preceded* by a Nullify Magic check (reflected in the rolls, opposed by power rank or Will) (1d20+13=24, 1d20+13=19) I screwed up the DCs, apparently remembering to up the Nullify to 13, but not the Strikes to DC27. Remember, even if it's a sword, non-lethal by default.

Hayley

Move Action: Look around to spot the Rhymer baby. (Notice: Skill Mastery 20, if necessary)

Move Action: Get the baby!

Equinox

Alright, she's now blind because Hayley isn't looking at the queen. But I'm assuming her Accurate Magical Awareness can let her target, and if I'm wrong, well, I have IC post deleting powers :P

Free Action: Sustain Force Field power, and Sensory Link.

Free Action: Activate Impervious Force Field.

Move Action: Attempt to maintain Impervious 11 as move action, DC 21: DC21 Concentration check. (1d20+16=28) Success, she's now bullet proof. And nearly artillery shell proof.

Free Action: Spend one HP to clear Fatigue. Siobhan now has 2HP.

Standard Action: All-out attack for 2, while charging the faerie queen. Roll to hit, followed by roll to Nullify Magic (opposed by power rank or will), then a DC25 Strike effect. (1d20+15=28, 1d20+11=21) It's really only going to affect any possible Force Fields she has up. But I assume that at least hurts :P

Ok, Bad News and Good News on GM ruling there!

Bad News: the pact affected Hayley's Nose Detect Magic Senses. The Switcharoo, it is only fair, will also "blind" Equinox's Magical Awareness... at least whilst underground.

Good News: Hayley may not be looking at the Queen, but as far as I can see Hayley still has accurate olfactory magical detection, which does the job of accurate location (for Noxy) just as well.

I hope that makes sense. You may wish to make minor edit to the IC post based on above although mechanically it works out the same.

Speaking of which: 28 is a solid hit.

The Nullify Effect will be against ForceField 12. 1d20+12=32 Which stays spectacularly intact with a natural 20.

Unfortunately it is an impervious Force Field, so the sword clangs off.

For reference, so the Queens spells are:

Blast 12

Hellfire 6 as above (I mistakenly said it was 5, but Ill let that stand by the power of fudge [aka GM error])

Concealment 10 (All Senses, Power Feats, Close Range, Selective)

Snare 8 (Extras: Regenerating, Mystic Vines)

Emotion Control 12

and

Telekenesis 7 (Extras: Perception Range, Power Feats: Precise, Subtle)

For her next round,

Move Action: Fly off, 20 feet away, 15 feet in air.

Standard Action: Mystic Vines

1d20+8=11 A good old miss!

Ticking from last round, Noxy is ignited by flames but her impervious forcefield will shrug em off. Hayley has another Tick of DC 17 Toughness save.

Edited to take into account the smelling things.

DC20 Toughness save (1d20-1=8) And now we're f***ed. I can't keep burning Hero Points when I've got two left, so OOC, let's be pragmatic and have the poor thing get knocked out. Drama!

Now, Equinox is entirely blind. And can't use her Area attacks without being able to Selective Attack the baby and Hayley safely (the default is "hits", not "doesn't hit") So she just keeps up her Force Field and waits to see how the Queen reacts.

OK ECal, PC Problems have inhibited posting but given me a little time to contemplate this!

As I see it, Noxy is in a bit of a pickle, being effectively blinded at PL X (at least until Hayley recovers or she gets above ground) so have a HP for what could be called "terrible result!"

Next, I am seeing this as fundamentally being at the mercy of the Fae Queen, although you are not under any compulsion to play it so of course. This is your story, so I dont want to push it anywhere.

Potentially, we could have you imprisoned with a later escape if you wish, full of drama and heroics?

Now, if you wish to go down that route, there is another thing to consider. This being Fae dimension, it can easily be fudged that Noxy and Haley do not age here, and that a 100 years in this dimension is a day on Earth (or any other conversion that takes our fancy). Potentially therefore the kidnapped child could grow up, help Noxy escape and return to earth as promised within the day, albeit grown up (or somehow magicked back to infancy). All sorts of possibilities. Of course this means that in character Noxy would have spent several immortal years locked up. All the above scales can be screwed around with of course - days, weeks, etc.

I emphasise there is no pressure to do any of above, I just present it as options for your consideration, ones which may be quite unpalatable. If so, I am sure I can conjure up some other escape or get out etc (after suitavle humiliation to make revenge sweeter of course!).

Muahaha!

Ok After contemplating this a little more, Fae Queen going to get all cocky and over confident.

However, she does covet that nice wand...

Telekenetic Grab of that wand!

I may well have got the rules wrong here, but I think that a perception based attack, so automatic hit, and its an opposed roll 1d20+7 (rank of telekenesis).

1d20+7=8 beat that! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Alright. Again, Siobhan has 3HP, yet is not Fatigued as I cleared that.

But she's going to Extraordinary Effort:

Firstly, stunt up this off her magic array: Strike 11 Linked to Dazzle 11 (Visual and Auditory, Flaws: Range - Touch [-1]) [Flaws] [-2]] (11PP) (Apparently Side Effect uses Blast, not the base Damage effect. I'm not sure why, other than to avoid easily hitting Strike 20+ and getting one-hit KOed)

Then, with the second EE given by Extraordinary Effort, up the ranks by 2 to 13. So the Queen is hit by a DC 28 Toughness Strike and then a DC23 Reflex to avoid being blinded and deafened. Equinox is also hit with a DC28 Toughness save, and a DC23 Reflex save to avoid being Dazzled. Stupid roll to hit... I'll All-out Attack for 2, since she is sort of leaving herself open to a punch in the face here. (1d20+13=30) Boom.

Equinox's saves... Toughness save, followed by Reflex save vs Dazzle (1d20+11=17, 1d20+6=9) Well, yeouch. I'll spend one of my 3 HP to re-roll that Toughness result...

Lightning hurts. (1d20+11=16) Ouch. Add 10 for being a roll of 5, and she gets 26. She's Bruised from her own lightning, and is currently deaf as well as blind.

First off, 'm going to treat this as a surprise attack!

Ok dealing with Dazzle first:

1d20+6=16 and dazzled (blinded, deafened...)

Then the Lightning proper.

Arrogant as she is, I dont think with her INT of 16 and WIS of 20 I am going to say she is quite foolish enough to drop her forcefield yet... so thats still up.

1d20+12=25 And its a bruise.

So, Bruised, Blinded, and Deafened, and it's initiative time. And -4 penalty for being deafened....

1d20-3=9

Right, screw this fairy bitch. Burn one of those 2 HP to go to Fatigued, not Exhausted. Then slap down a lightning strike again. Sure, it's back to rank 11, but Rule of Drama. Let's lightning bolt a bitch.

All-out Attacking for 2... Lightning. Because when Ecal reads a lot of White Night, Siobhan goes all Elaine Mallory on people's asses. DC 26 lightning bolt. (1d20+8=15) Eat that, bitch.

Self-harming with lightning is a terrible thing. (1d20+10=19) So, Bruised a second time, then Stunned, so she falls on her ass. DC21 concentration to keep up her Force Field (1d20+16=34) Her force field'd ass.