EV: Steaming up the Thames! (OOC)

Its all up to you.

THere are at the moment 10 gang members after you, but more will arrive every round... it would sure be possible to take down the entire gang - but maybe not easy.

Where you run and how you want to do it are, I emphasise, entirely up to you. No rail roading. Where you go, I'll follow.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I have a bit of a narravist background RPGing, so to my mind you could prupose anything reasonable.

Off the top of my head:

1. There are plenty of boxes, crates etc lying around, some opened, some not. But enough to jump around on, and use to vault onto higher ground like rooftops, etc. Feel free to have some liberty about what the boxes contain: vegetables, Iron, Machine parts, rotting fish, etc.

2. There are some cranes and lifts by the docks. Feel free to do some Pirate Swinging on ropes, chains, wires, etc.

3. The Thames itself! if you fancy a swimming lesson.

4. There are some steam powered boats moving up and down the Thames, and some docked up.

5. You could try to jack a steam powered car, but Im not sure how good Carrie is at driving?

You are also welcome to use an HP to edit the scene slightly if you want some particularly beneficial luck or circumstance (cant think off the top of my head, but you know, something that is both hightly unlikely but plausible and distinctly beneficial.

EDIT: Also, although there are gaslights, this is Earth Victoriana London at dusk. There are definately areas: many areas which are Low Light conditions [if that is at all relevant].

OK Throw me a Knowledge (Technology) Roll to see what Carrie can make of the controls from inside. Its not really meant to be driven from the inside, but thanks to her two dimensional form, she ca do it.

I am throwing in a -2 Penalty for unfamiliar technology.

DC 20 You can steer it.

DC 25 You can steer it, move its limbs, and change its speed.

DC 30 You can do everything, including firing its weaponry.

At a later scene, once you have a bit of trial and error, you will be able to do it at +5 to what you rolled as you get the hang of it. The above is for your initial "look" before you start pulling levers etc.

14, so bruised and stunned. Though spend an HP to remove the stun. So what's the options on saving the people on the freighter, Carrie's powers are not much good for anything beyond sneaking and hurting people.

To be honest, removing the stun is hardly worth it, the round to recover is not going to make much odds.

Firstly, you can slip out no problem.

Nobody is in imminent danger on the barge, it is slowly sinking, there are about six people you can see, one of whom is entangled in some rope. There are two people down below trapped.