Shadow Needs Posts

Aoiroo

Right, so, if I want to be on my rather strange and convolted schedule, I need to make five pp this month, which since we are lacking a vignette makes it very likely that I'll have to do this completely by posting. Anyway, one on one threads are good, or maybe small group ones but this is for ideas of threads with my character Silhouette. I don't have many ideas for her myself, but I'm open for suggestions.

How does Silhouette's 2D power work? The answer to this question might contain the seeds of future adventures.

For the sake of argument, let's say she shuffles some of her mass & volume off into another dimension. Okay... what's that 'other dimension' like? Is it inhabited? If it is, are the natives aware of the matter/substance that Sil' shuffles into & out of their dimension? What do they think of it? Would any of those natives feel like 'hitching a ride' to see where the Sil'-matter goes when it disappears? Could Sil' be affected in any way her her chronic, repeated exposure to this 'other dimension' (this could give you a fluff excuse for tweaking your powers in pretty much any way you see fit, as best i can tell)?

Actually, she doesn't lose any mass at all. Her power is rapid compression, she's the exact same weight and mass in her 2D form she's just MUCH denser that way, and that makes her tougher in her other form too so that sort of thing wouldn't fly. It's also why she can't take other things with her when she turns flat that aren't flat themselves, and why she can do things like pop bullets out of herself when she changes form(anything unnatural in her body pops out when she switches forms, she found this out the very painful way with a metal filling).

Okay, she compresses her physical corpus down to 2D. What sort of force does this? When she flattens out, is there an "equal and opposite reaction" attached to it that affects someone or something else? Do the atoms and molecules of her body physically move around so that she ends up being actually (close to) zero thickness, or does she distort the fabric of space within her body so that she ends up appearing to be flat (as far as any outside observer can tell) whilst still being normal (as far as Sil' herself is concerned)? Or is it something entirely the else?

Right, so, if I want to be on my rather strange and convolted schedule, I need to make five pp this month, which since we are lacking a vignette makes it very likely that I'll have to do this completely by posting. Anyway, one on one threads are good, or maybe small group ones but this is for ideas of threads with my character Silhouette. I don't have many ideas for her myself, but I'm open for suggestions.

There's also the option of writing a good wiki page.

Okay, she compresses her physical corpus down to 2D. What sort of force does this? When she flattens out, is there an "equal and opposite reaction" attached to it that affects someone or something else? Do the atoms and molecules of her body physically move around so that she ends up being actually (close to) zero thickness, or does she distort the fabric of space within her body so that she ends up appearing to be flat (as far as any outside observer can tell) whilst still being normal (as far as Sil' herself is concerned)? Or is it something entirely the else?

The force as I can tell is just her own will all energy is taken from her calorie intake an normal bodily process, there's no backlash from trying to bring others, she just can't do it(she's tried), as for being flat it's a full alternate form which she has to adjust accordingly too. If she wasn't already super acrobatic naturally, she'd have to make a DC 15 save every time she changed form just to be able to walk upright (since she can make DC 30 taking ten she can run in that form), she also has to adjust her view because she has no deph perception in her alternate form (it's why she only attacks up close). Anything she has on that's too thick will fall off her her when she changes form or otherwise force her to walk out of them(like shoes with thick parts she just steps out of them, or jewellery which just falls off)

It's not clear to me why Sil's depth perception should be affected when she gets flat. Flat or 3D, she's got two eyes that are separated from one another by a couple of inches, and the depth perception comes in when her brain combines the different views from each eye. If she does indeed lose depth perception when she gets flat, there's something weird going on... maybe some of the neural circuits in her brain are affected? Maybe Sil thinks that a flat entity should be incapable of 3D perception, and she's sorta-kinda persuaded herself to ignore 3D perception whilst she's flat? [shrug] Not sure...