Public Anomie [OOC]

Yeah, there's no way he's noticing that, so Silhouette manages to get a full layout of the center. There's a galley entrance that should help anyone who wants to go in the back way get past most of security. It also appears that the patients who are kept for extended stays are under moderate, but by no means extreme, security. Odds are that Peacekeeper lets the mind mojo do the work for keeping them there. It's also easy to find therapy rooms, a gymnasium, and various offices, including one that likely belongs to Wilkins.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of notes vis a vie Ironclad's set-up: basically Geckoman has been set up with a fake identity as an intern at the Lab. Officially, he's a psychology student attached to the medical section. I also think Ironclad would have time to jury-rig something like a Bluetooth headset rewired to only pick up some absurdly high frequency, so that she can transmit to him (using Communication) without a problem. I don't know how well she'll be able to communicate with Cannonade in the van as the distance on both her talents is only 100 ft, but if worst comes to worst she can boost it with Extra Effort.

Oh, and FYI? Clad's Invention should still be useable since she never turned it on in the nightclub.

• 2 weeks later...

All right, I'll rule that this guy is not a computer juggernaut. Operations have been going on for about three months now. Most of the files deal with people still in high school, with a few that tend towards middle school and a few that actually deal with people in their early and mid-20s. All the files are in clinical terms - "extended private session," a bunch of prescriptions for what sound like psych meds - no obvious red flags of "I am breaking people's heads." Though the whole "private session" bit might be just that.

(11:36:38) Raveled: Trying to figure out who else to look for on the computer system, in PA.

(11:37:22) Raveled: Can Ironclad dig up a list of current/former patients and compare it to a list of recent suicides in FC?(11:38:08) Raveled: Or perhaps video records of the 'private sessions'?

(11:39:55) trollthumper: Sure. None of the patients match up with any recent suicides - it appears Kyle may have been the first to break - and Wilkins' laptop has one recording of a private session.

(11:40:10) trollthumper: It does in fact look like he puts his patient into a hypnagogic state and uses the power of suggestion.(11:41:06) Raveled: Hm. This "gathering evidence before breaking faces" stuff is hard work...

(11:41:45) trollthumper: I'm working from the assumption that a psychiatrist who wants to be Batman doesn't go for the "here's my obvious evidence, all in a pile" school of thought.

(11:42:04) trollthumper: ...holy crap, did I build Hugo Strange?

(11:43:33) Raveled: Anyway. I suppose they could grab the patient records and look in on said patients, see if any look to be going around the bend.

(11:43:43) trollthumper: That would work.

Ironclad's not so good at this whole "investigation" thing, it seems.

Okay, Ironclad's going to unlock the patient doors for Silhouette and turn off the security cameras when she goes into a room. TT, can I find out what exactly the club-attacker did at the Center? Was he an orderly, a nurse, a janitor, what?

• 2 weeks later...

He talked about blacking out in the club...

"Eh, lucky guess. So, your boss give you any special pep talks? Slip anything weird into your coffee?"

"N - no. He has me work long hours, but..." His brow furrowed. "Wait... there was this night about a week back. I was working late, and... I can't really remember what happened. I remember going in to clean this dark room, and... then my shift was over. I wrote it off, 'cause I'd just given up caffeine and was going into withdrawal. I kinda started 'sundowning', and going to be early..."

Is there any chance Ironclad could find the recording of that?

There is no actual footage of the orderly getting mind-whammied at any particular point. However, there is footage of the orderly coming out of Wilkins' office, looking slightly woozy. The signs of exhaustion seem to stick with him all day. As 8 PM comes around, however, he almost snaps to attention and heads for the office again. He doesn't come out the front door; a few minutes after that, the footage of the cameras from the fence goes to static for about 30 seconds, and when it does, Wilkins's office window has gone from closed to open.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, Troll's being very kind and letting me retcon that Morgan's been scheming clever schemes this whole time in the van (not like he's got much else to do), and come up with a cunning Master Plan for disassembling the place!

(23:09:39) System: Quinn rolls 1d20 and gets (20)+2=22.

:ugeek: Okay, so all rolls gain a +2 bonus for 3 rounds when combat starts, and +1 for one round after those three are up.

Alright, now Crow's going to make like Sam Fisher (cue awesome music), using Skill Mastery to Take 10 on Stealth (That means he's got a 23 due to his +13 skill check), activating the Rune of Fog for Partial Concealment, and then using the screens in the van to teleport right into the room, hopefully to a point where none of the guards are looking (in this case, say behind a filing cabinet). Troll, any Notice checks on their part?