Far Side of the Moon (IC)

Dark Star nodded. "Yes, a month. And that's assuming 'she' stops at two systems between us and 'preserves', and possibly consumes, the planets located there." He sighed. "Negotiations are not possible; believe me. If I, of all people, am saying negotiations and peace talks will not work, then trust me, they are a waste of time. Bluffing it is also not likely given it is unlikely to care though I suppose I should not rule that out." He shakes his head. "I have helped evacuate multiple worlds that were in her path over the years. Nothing has ever stopped her...however, on very rare occasions, we have been able to turn her away/change her course. It requires an immense amount of power and damage mind you. I have even assisted in those occasions; alone I cannot do enough to dissuade her. Be aware that, despite my power, I alone cannot harm or dissuade her...not with destroying dozens of nearby systems anyway. Regardless, it is not really an option. We need to get back to Earth to warn them. Gather as many of the brightest and most powerful heroes we can if we intend to make her turn from our path. I will explain everything I know, which sadly is not much. But for now, we need to go." He gestured, creating a platform for the others. Once in, he'd seal it and head home. There was no time for leisurely flight now.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dragonfly just stood there for a moment, frowning at the ship. probably a bad idea to leave it here - Farsider problem? - not really - don't know them - can't trust them - no data - size x height x width - approximate volume - assumed materials - unknown metals - weight? She was, apparently, giving only half an ear to Dark Star's insistence that they leave immediately; instead, for no apparent reason, she picked up a piece of damaged hull and dropped it, watching the metal fall like it was terribly fascinating. speed - moon gravity? - a = -[G ( M + m ) ] / r2 - M = [ (-ar2)/G ] - M, convert for earth gravity = ~200 tons - mass estimate a little too large

She bowed her head, frowning, before jerking it back up and snapping her fingers. A few choice bits of salvage she'd taken from the cockpit twisted back into reality, and a half-dozen tools deployed from her gauntlets to fuse them (and some parts she'd apparently just had with her) into...something. That something, in all its exposed wire and glass glory, got placed very carefully on the floor in the center of the ship before its creator made her way out of the ship. There was a pause, and she poked her head back through the entryway. [bg=#555555]"Probably don't want to be inside the ship for this."[/bg]

The moment everyone was clear she put both hands against the side of the craft. As lines like wrinkles in paper spread outward and across its bulk, they were met by matching lines coming from inside (though whatever she'd built and put down in there was whining in protest as it worked), and the moment the two touched the entire craft began folding in on itself in ways the human eye really wasn't designed to look at comfortably. It took a few moments, but before long the entire thing had vanished, warping and twisting away into nothing and leaving a remarkably-preserved transport-shaped indentation in the lunar ground.

There were a few rockslides as the ship vanished, but thanks to Dragonfly's well-placed dimensional distortion there were no larger deviations in the crater wall. With that problem solved, the heroes turned to the trip home and the flight back to Freedom Hall: there was much to do, and far more pressing issues than some juvenile Omegadrones facing the heroes of Freedom City and all the world. But for Harrier and the other League employees down in Antarctica, that project was just beginning!