Alternate Identity: Trevor Abrahams

Height:

Weight: 600 lbs.

Hair: None. Hair is replaced by red strands of bone-like material

Eyes:

Description:

History:

Stats:

Str: 22 (+6) (includes +8 strength from density )

Dex: 10 (+0)

Con: 20 (+5)

Int: 14 (+2)

Wis: 16 (+3)

Cha: 10 (+0)

BAB: +3

BDB: +0

Initiative:

Saves:

Toughness: +10

Fortitude: +5

Reflex: +0

Will: +3

Skills:

+13 Knowledge – Life Sciences 11 ranks

+4 Knowledge – Current Events 2 ranks

+14 Medicine 11 ranks

+7 Notice 4 ranks

Feats: Dodge Focus 2

Powers: Density 4 (Permanent, Innate) Drawback: Noticeable– 12 pp

Bony Plates - Protection 3 (Impervious 8) Drawback: Noticeable – 10 pp

Bone Manipulation (Offensive Array) 10 – 23 pp

*Twin Bone Blades – Strike 6 (Penetrating 12, Mighty, Split Attack)

[Note: no more than a combined strike and strength bonus of 6 vs. anyone target)

*Finger Flechettes – Blast 4 (Autofire +1 per 1, max of +6)

*Bone Field – Blast 6 (Targeted Burst, Selective Attack, Full Action, Range Progression x2)

*Jagged Bone Spike – Blast 6 (Penetrating, Indirect x2)

Personal Bone Manipulation (Passive Container) 2 Drawback: Noticeable - 9 pp

*Immovability 2 (Unstoppable 3)

*Immunity 2 (Critical Hits)

*Regeneration (Bruised 1, Injured 1, Disabled 1)

Trade-offs: -4 Def +4 Toughness

Drawbacks:

Costs: Abilities (24) + Combat (00) + Saves (00) + Skills (00) + Feats (00) + Powers (00) - Drawbacks (00) = Total Cost

Can anyone give some comments about him?

Players Name: Avalon®

Power Level: 6

Characters Name: Bonehide

Height:

Eyes:

Description:

History:

Stats:

Initiative:

Saves:

Skills:

+14 Medicine 11 ranks

+7 Notice 4 ranks

[Note: no more than a combined strike and strength bonus of 6 vs. anyone target)

*Bone Field – Blast 6 (Targeted Burst, Selective Attack, Full Action, Range Progression x2)

Drawbacks:

Costs: Abilities (24) + Combat (00) + Saves (00) + Skills (00) + Feats (00) + Powers (00) - Drawbacks (00) = Total Cost

Players Name: Avalon®

Power Level: 6

Characters Name: Bonehide

Height:

Eyes:

Description:

History:

Stats:

Initiative:

Saves:

Skills:

+14 Medicine 11 ranks

+7 Notice 4 ranks

Drawbacks:

Most of the mechanics on Bonehide look ok, though he'll still need a description and history prior to being sanctioned. Things which I did see...

First, we should change the template so that it doesn't include lines for BAB and BDB. There's no such thing as a base attack bonus in Mutants and Masterminds, just an attack bonus, and the same way for defense bonus. Some feats add to these in some situations, but they still should be listed in the combat section for easy reference. Yours would look like this:

Attack: +3

Defense: +0 (+2 with Dodge Focus)

11 ranks in Life Sciences and Medicine mean that this character is probably a star doctor, which should be mentioned in the history.

Within your Bone Blades:

I'm leaning against allowing you to have a Mighty Strike 6 along with a Strength bonus of +6. Even with the note that you won't break PL with its Split Attack, it's still giving you a big advantage as you go up in PL, since you aren't spending extra pp to maintain PL.

I don't think that you can have Autofire as a partial extra. It either is or isn't Autofire, based on the way that the effect works.

What do the limitation and secondary effect in the jagged bone spike mean? I can't picture what's going on with that power.

How does the Noticeable in the Personal Bone Manipulation container differ from the Noticeable from your Protection (which you called Toughness, but that's a minor thing)?

Finally, you put in the cost for the abilities, but you didn't put in anything else.

I'll keep an eye on the thread, and you can probably catch me in the chat as well.

Most of the mechanics on Bonehide look ok, though he'll still need a description and history prior to being sanctioned. Things which I did see...

First, we should change the template so that it doesn't include lines for BAB and BDB. There's no such thing as a base attack bonus in Mutants and Masterminds, just an attack bonus, and the same way for defense bonus. Some feats add to these in some situations, but they still should be listed in the combat section for easy reference. Yours would look like this:

11 ranks in Life Sciences and Medicine mean that this character is probably a star doctor, which should be mentioned in the history.

Within your Bone Blades:

I'm leaning against allowing you to have a Mighty Strike 6 along with a Strength bonus of +6. Even with the note that you won't break PL with its Split Attack, it's still giving you a big advantage as you go up in PL, since you aren't spending extra pp to maintain PL.

I don't think that you can have Autofire as a partial extra. It either is or isn't Autofire, based on the way that the effect works.

What do the limitation and secondary effect in the jagged bone spike mean? I can't picture what's going on with that power.

How does the Noticeable in the Personal Bone Manipulation container differ from the Noticeable from your Protection (which you called Toughness, but that's a minor thing)?

Finally, you put in the cost for the abilities, but you didn't put in anything else.

I'll keep an eye on the thread, and you can probably catch me in the chat as well.

Within your Bone Blades:

Within your Bone Blades:

So what can you recommend in the place of the bone swords?

Within your Bone Blades:

Within your Bone Blades:

It's the equivalent of a single AP, so there isn't too much needed to replace it. I'd say that the other bone attacks (the Blasts) probably do what you're looking to do with the Strike. Personally, I'd look to increase some of your saves, especially Reflex. A +0 Reflex save is really rough - you'll probably get hit full power by most Area effects, Snares, and so on.

It's the equivalent of a single AP, so there isn't too much needed to replace it. I'd say that the other bone attacks (the Blasts) probably do what you're looking to do with the Strike. Personally, I'd look to increase some of your saves, especially Reflex. A +0 Reflex save is really rough - you'll probably get hit full power by most Area effects, Snares, and so on.

• 4 weeks later...