[Campaign] The Arena: Meet & Greet for Villains

Barnum

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, in the interests of kicking things off, villains-wise, Nanowire'll take up residence on the abandoned oil derrick. If any bad 'lil boys or girls would like to join him, he'll be busy making himself at home amongst the unused machinery. :)

EDIT: Er, just to be clear, which board am I posting on if I want to do that? The sewers and subways one, or the waterways one? The waterways seems more likely.

EDIT, Take 2: Nevermind, I should have read the above, where EF clearly spelled it out. :oops:

Well, in the interests of kicking things off, villains-wise, Nanowire'll take up residence on the abandoned oil derrick. If any bad 'lil boys or girls would like to join him, he'll be busy making himself at home amongst the unused machinery. :)

EDIT: Er, just to be clear, which board am I posting on if I want to do that? The sewers and subways one, or the waterways one? The waterways seems more likely.

EDIT, Take 2: Nevermind, I should have read the above, where EF clearly spelled it out. :oops:

Feel free, but you'll be asking for mucho trouble.

Most of the citizens of Freedom City are oblivious to its existence, and most experienced heroes have only heard rumors of it. But every villain worth his salt knows about "The Arena." Years ago, the major villains in Freedom City came to an unofficial, informal truce of sorts. They decided that they needed a place where they could meet and parley that was neutral territory, a place that the heroes couldn't find and that no villain would try to claim as his own. They also needed a place where proper villains could settle their disputes the old fashioned way . . . without having to be afraid of interference by heroes or other villains. No one remembers exactly who it was who first discovered "The Arena," but for decades the derelict and abandoned oil rig just a mile or so off the coast of Freedom City has served its purpose well.

Of course . . . that may be your intention. ;) The villains my try to pile on to the guy who violates the truce, or you may go unnoticed. We'll see.

Most of the citizens of Freedom City are oblivious to its existence, and most experienced heroes have only heard rumors of it. But every villain worth his salt knows about "The Arena." Years ago, the major villains in Freedom City came to an unofficial, informal truce of sorts. They decided that they needed a place where they could meet and parley that was neutral territory, a place that the heroes couldn't find and that no villain would try to claim as his own. They also needed a place where proper villains could settle their disputes the old fashioned way . . . without having to be afraid of interference by heroes or other villains. No one remembers exactly who it was who first discovered "The Arena," but for decades the derelict and abandoned oil rig just a mile or so off the coast of Freedom City has served its purpose well.

Of course . . . that may be your intention. ;) The villains my try to pile on to the guy who violates the truce, or you may go unnoticed. We'll see.

Oh, I was unaware it was currently inhabited. I got the feeling from your post it only had people on it when there was a meeting or something of that nature. I'll have to mod my post a bit, but I'll need to do that after I get back from work.

And he's not exactly claiming it as his own, either. Nanowire just needs a place to rest while he gathers info on Doc Otaku.

Oh, I was unaware it was currently inhabited. I got the feeling from your post it only had people on it when there was a meeting or something of that nature. I'll have to mod my post a bit, but I'll need to do that after I get back from work.

And he's not exactly claiming it as his own, either. Nanowire just needs a place to rest while he gathers info on Doc Otaku.

Oh, I was unaware it was currently inhabited. I got the feeling from your post it only had people on it when there was a meeting or something of that nature.

That is correct!

I probably just misunderstood what you meant by . . .

Nanowire'll take up residence on the abandoned oil derrick.

It is only used as neutral ground, meeting place, and battle arena. But if you want a place to "take up residence," feel free to create one. Player driven is the name of the game here.

Oh, I was unaware it was currently inhabited. I got the feeling from your post it only had people on it when there was a meeting or something of that nature.

That is correct!

It is only used as neutral ground, meeting place, and battle arena. But if you want a place to "take up residence," feel free to create one. Player driven is the name of the game here.

That is correct!

Ah, good! I guess he'll go to one of those conveniently-placed abandoned werehouses that dot the landscape of every made up city. :D

Ah, good! I guess he'll go to one of those conveniently-placed abandoned werehouses that dot the landscape of every made up city. :D

Heavy is up for a sparring match. He'll battle against Nanowire, and he's pretty much a tank character. One question I have, though, is whether he'd be able to co-opt my battlesuit. I don't mind if it's temporary, but I wouldn't want to be functionally useless if he used it to make all of his powers.

Heavy is up for a sparring match. He'll battle against Nanowire, and he's pretty much a tank character. One question I have, though, is whether he'd be able to co-opt my battlesuit. I don't mind if it's temporary, but I wouldn't want to be functionally useless if he used it to make all of his powers.