[Campaign] The Arena: Meet & Greet for Villains

Barnum

Just out of curiosity, is it possible to gain security systems for the area, or even for the wreck room?

I'm not sure what you mean by "gain security systems for the area." I figured we would run this like the comics. The bad guy's "stuff" and the good guy's "stuff" is completely off limits . . . until it would make a really great story to "invade." So, if you are a villain and want to raid the Freedom HQ, I suggest you start PMing other villains (and a Ref or two) and start trying to set something up. It sounds like a great idea to me.

There is one problem: we might have to do some match-up to ensure the fight is fun for all involved. For example, a fight between Nanowire and Bael's character (I forgot the name) would be supremely unsatisfing. The reason is this: whoever hits the other first wins. Nanowire cannot hack a DC 22 Mind Blast, and Bael can't absorb a DC 27 Toughness save. The fight would end in a single turn, (likely with Nanowire minus a prefronal lobe :) )and not be enjoyable for anyone.

So I propose this: "tanks", such as my character, would go up against like builds. Martial artists or Costumed Adventurers could fight one another, and Metalists or Mystics could battle it out. Anything else would end in frustration for the losers.

You make a good point, but I think it's best to let the players work it out amongst themselves. Remember, this is a very player driven board. You don't have to fight anyone who pops up in this thread. You are perfectly free start your own threads to fight whomever you like. That said, I think it is perfectly acceptable for you to post in this thread and say what kind of opponent you are looking for. Because you are right . . . it's not much fun to lose the initiative, have to use your HP to save against the Mind Blast, and then run away. But some might want to try it anyway.

So I say, "no rules on player match-ups," but, as always, you don't have to fight anyone you don't want.

Now then . . . Nanowire posted first and is looking for a "tank" to fight. Any takers?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just out of curiosity, is it possible to gain security systems for the area, or even for the wreck room?

I'm not sure what you mean by "gain security systems for the area." I figured we would run this like the comics. The bad guy's "stuff" and the good guy's "stuff" is completely off limits . . . until it would make a really great story to "invade." So, if you are a villain and want to raid the Freedom HQ, I suggest you start PMing other villains (and a Ref or two) and start trying to set something up. It sounds like a great idea to me.

There is one problem: we might have to do some match-up to ensure the fight is fun for all involved. For example, a fight between Nanowire and Bael's character (I forgot the name) would be supremely unsatisfing. The reason is this: whoever hits the other first wins. Nanowire cannot hack a DC 22 Mind Blast, and Bael can't absorb a DC 27 Toughness save. The fight would end in a single turn, (likely with Nanowire minus a prefronal lobe :) )and not be enjoyable for anyone.

So I propose this: "tanks", such as my character, would go up against like builds. Martial artists or Costumed Adventurers could fight one another, and Metalists or Mystics could battle it out. Anything else would end in frustration for the losers.

You make a good point, but I think it's best to let the players work it out amongst themselves. Remember, this is a very player driven board. You don't have to fight anyone who pops up in this thread. You are perfectly free start your own threads to fight whomever you like. That said, I think it is perfectly acceptable for you to post in this thread and say what kind of opponent you are looking for. Because you are right . . . it's not much fun to lose the initiative, have to use your HP to save against the Mind Blast, and then run away. But some might want to try it anyway.

So I say, "no rules on player match-ups," but, as always, you don't have to fight anyone you don't want.

Now then . . . Nanowire posted first and is looking for a "tank" to fight. Any takers?

Security systems: various servants, lasers..things you'd generally find in an evil masterminds hideout

I figure we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. The Refs will work out all the defenses once we know that there is significant player interest to try an assault of that scale. Until then . . . consider the respective bases impenetrable. 8-)

Security systems: various servants, lasers..things you'd generally find in an evil masterminds hideout

I figure we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. The Refs will work out all the defenses once we know that there is significant player interest to try an assault of that scale. Until then . . . consider the respective bases impenetrable. 8-)