Wraith

Introduction

Who are you? Sum yourself up in one sentence.

I am Indira Singh, and I am an alien.

Do you have any nicknames, street names, titles, or nom de plume?

Yes - I choose to be called 'Wraith' when fighting crime. It seemed...appropriate.

What is your full birth name?

My birth name...does not matter. Names are important, and when my identity was changed, my name was changed as well. I am now Indira Singh.

Where do you live?

I live now in India; soon I will move to Freedom City and stay at Claremont Academy. I am looking forward to it.

How old are you? What year were you born (if applicable)?

I am 16, and was born in...1995, I believe.

Physical Traits

What is your gender? If not applicable, please explain.

That is...complex? We - my species - we do not have genders (you would consider them...castes). To my own people, I am of the warrior caste. While on Earth, I am female, though I am still adjusting to the idea.

How would you describe your heritage?

My heritage is nothing remarkable. I believe I have a famous figure or two in my family tree, but I understand that is fairly common here (and, I confess, fairly common back home as well).

How tall are you?

As a human? 5'10", which I understand is slightly tall for my adopted gender. Otherwise, I am as tall as I wish to be, within limits. Extending myself too far is uncomfortable....

What is your body type?

I am athletic. I suspect I would be even if I truly were human; being inactive for too long gets 'under my skin'. Or would, if I had skin.

Do you have any particular weaknesses, such as allergies or physical disabilities?

No, I do not think so. At least, I have never encountered anything like that.

How do you carry yourself? Are you graceful, or heavy on your feet? Can you be stealthy, do you walk with confidence?

I value...grace. Prowess and dignity are important values, and my parents are strict about holding yourself well. When I want to be, however, I am quite good at sneaking around...perhaps because my parents are quite strict!

Describe your skin, eye, and hair color.

Ah. Normally, I have no hair, silver skin, and black eyes. As a human, I have darker skin, brown eyes, and brown hair. It is not as colorful as I would have liked, but apparently humans do not have much color variety (a shame).

How do you wear your hair, if applicable? Do you have facial hair?

I simply let it hang straight, though I will pull it back if it is getting in my way. Females do not (or are not supposed to?) have facial hair; this, also, is a shame. It is an interesting feature.

Do you consider yourself attractive? Do others?

I would like to believe that if I am to stay in human form for so long, it should at least be an attractive human form. As for others, I believe so, but I cannot read minds.

Do you have any scars, tattoos, piercings, or birthmarks?

No; my natural ability to heal is...robust, given the resources to do the healing in the first place. I suppose I could make piercings, with practice; I can make other accessories with effort. It is something to consider.

Do you resemble anyone famous?

No, by intent. Attractive or not, they did not want me to draw too much attention. My family is, after all, supposed to be in hiding.

Do you have a dominant hand?

Whichever hand I focus on is dominant. So no, I suppose not.

What kind of clothing do you wear?

I usually make my own clothing, to the best of my ability, and simple, slim clothing is...easier. I enjoy colors, however: colors are fun. Novel, is the word, I think?

Do you wear makeup?

Like accessories, I can create my own - or the illusion of my own - if I focus on it. I would enjoy doing so, but I think it will take more practice to do so comfortably very often.

What is your vocal range? Is your voice distinctive in some way?

My vocal range is quite large, as I do not use vocal cords...or not exactly, anyway. As for distinctive, I speak with an accent, as I learned English from native Hindi speakers. I suppose the disguise would not be so good if I spoke flawlessly. When not human I speak by vibrating part of my body, so I sort of...hum? It is difficult to describe, especially since it seems so natural to my own...not 'ears', but that is the expression.

Do you have any distinctive habits, nervous tics, or mannerisms? Where did they come from, and what causes them? Do other people notice and remark on these habits? Do they annoy you or other people?

Some habits are difficult to break. I am told that I am unnaturally still sometimes, and the way I move has been compared to everything from spiders, to large cats, to movie monsters. It is difficult to help, as I am a hunter by nature; apparently, I require practice to be more naturally human on my feet.

History

Where do you come from?

I come from a small planet your Daedalus called 'Kinigosi', after his name for us (the same), after what I understand is the Greek word for 'hunter'.

Have you made any major moves, or do you live in your hometown?

Moving across the galaxy may count as 'major'. Also, more locally, moving from India to the United States.

Do you feel loyal to your country of citizenship? Do you consider yourself patriotic? How do you feel about the government of your country?

I am honestly not yet sure. I have heard nothing to make me mistrust the government, certainly.

How do you feel about the place you come from?

I was not in India long enough to grow truly attached, and always knew I was coming here. But my planet...that I miss. Very much.

Where is your home town? What was/is it like?

We live in...it does not translate. A hive? But we do not build it, like insects; we find features like hills or mountains and tunnel, building up and around the area as we need to. Wildlife back home was very wild; structures that could not be easily defended get lost to the plants and animals. It sounds primitive, but it was really quite nice. You would consider it modern, I think, if strangely located and built.

Growing up, were most of the people you knew similar to you, or were you somehow a minority? How did that affect you?

We are not as varied as humans, though we do not all look exactly alike. Differences are in smell, or minor coloration, or the way someone moves, how old they seem. We can tell the difference, of course, but humans would likely be confused when the differences became subtle.

I think that is why I do not mind the human form as much as I probably should. It is very restricted, but you have wonderful clothing, and once I got used to you you became very easy to tell apart.

Is there something you've always been really good at or really bad at? How has that affected your life?

I am not very good at math, which I think my father regrets, as it is one of his best talents. I am a good fighter, however, though I wish I had more practice - this is important to us, my people, and I think regretted far less as long as I only fight when I should be fighting.

Were there any traumatic experiences in your early years (death of a family member, abandonment, orphaned at an early age)?

Well, I was told I would be moving away from my home and my people when I was fairly young. I was very unhappy for quite a while, but I have had time to adjust since then....mostly, anyway. But I would not compare it to death or true abandonment.

Briefly describe a defining moment in your childhood and how it influenced your life.

We are something of a...a warrior race, I suppose, you would say. I mentioned our planet, earlier - if you cannot fight, you will get overrun. Young children are given their first hunt to test how capable they are; it is supervised, of course, but they do not know that until after. It was...exciting in ways I cannot properly express. There is a joy in combat, in being a predator, provided you do not misuse your talents. But given my caste, I suppose this is not surprising.

What stupid things did you do when you were younger?

I got into more fights than I should have, and I snuck away from our home too many times to count. The former has been less of a problem in recent years. The latter...will my parents see this? I would prefer they did not. It is much harder to sneak away when they do not know how or when I am doing so.

Where did you go to school? How much school did you have, and did you enjoy it?

I have gone to school back home, and in India, and soon at Claremont. They are all very different, and...well, usually boring. I would probably get better grades if I paid better attention....

Do you have any mementos of your childhood? What are they, and why did you keep them? If you have none, why not?

We were not allowed much that could not be explained if somebody found it by accident. I have a bone, from my first hunt, that I could not bear to give up...but that is all.

When did you decide to become a hero? Why? Did anyone influence you one way or another in the decision?

Humans are...you are frail. I do not mean that as an insult, as you have accomplished many things, but physically you are weaker than I am, and I am not an adult nor have I had as much time to exercise as I would like. I know I am not supposed to draw attention to myself but I cannot stand by with the abilities I have and watch terrible things happen. It simply does not feel right.

Is the reason you give people for becoming a hero different than your real reason? If so, why?

People do not like being told that they are frail or inflexible or stiff or made of meat. I usually simply say that it is the right thing to do, and that is enough.

Do you have any deep, dark secrets in the past that may come back to haunt you?

I understand that very bad people are after my parents, though I do not think they have been completely honest as to why. Those people could get at my parents through me, which is why I am not supposed to attract attention to myself, but....

Do you represent yourself as being different from who you really are? Why?

Ha! Yes, I do. As funny as the idea is, I do not think my parents or the people who hid us here would appreciate me walking down the street - or even down the walls on the street! - as a large metal 'monster'. Even in a city like I understand Freedom City is, it would be...unusual?

If you do have these secrets, what do you fear would happen if the truth became known? How far would you go to protect those secrets?

I...do not know. If word got out to the galaxy, it would cause trouble for my family. If word got out here...I cannot predict what would or would not happen. The government - I think? - knows I am here, as do those who need to know, but people (humans or not) can react badly when surprised or afraid. I have seen too many of your movies to think that no one nowhere would like to put me on a dissection table.

Do you have any sort of criminal record? If so, is it public knowledge?

I do not.

Family

What are your biological parents' names?

My parents are Rishi and Maya Singh. I believe they picked these names because they were popular baby names when we had to pick new identities....

Were you raised by them? If not, please explain and describe who raised you.

Yes, I was.

What was their standing in the community? What did/do they do for a living?

They were...you would say upper-middle class? My mother was a teacher, and my father was an accountant, I believe, but this was somehow connected to a criminal group and I have not been told exactly what it was he did, only that he did not know what he was getting into when he began. It is annoyingly vague.

Where are your parents now?

They are here, with me. Or, rather, I am here, with them.

Did your family stay in one area or move around a lot?

Until having to leave, we stayed in one area for a very long time. Since then, we have been in several...you would say 'safe houses'?...and two planets, and soon two countries here on Earth.

How did you get along with their parents? How do you get along with them now (if applicable).

They have always been...strict. They believe in manners, and formality. I think that there is some value in these things, but...I do not know. Trying to discuss this with my parents makes my father grumble and my mother roll her eyes and talk about teenagers. I am looking forward to living away from home.

How do your parents view you now, or how would they?

They love me, I think, but I do not take after them as much as they would like, and I think they find me frustrating sometimes. But perhaps that is normal? I...do not know.

Do you have any siblings? If so how many and what are their names? Describe your relationship with them.

I have no siblings. I dimly remember a science class saying something about our birth rate being low relative to other species', because we are so hard to kill and require many resources to reproduce. I honestly was not paying that much attention, but I guess it makes sense.

What was your birth order in the family?

I am the first and only child.

Where are your siblings now (if applicable)? Do they have families of their own? What do they do?

I do not think this question is applicable.

Do you stay in touch with them or have you become estranged?

Nor this one.

Do you love or hate one member of the family in particular?

I had a great grandfather (I believe this is what you would consider him, anyway; again, we do not have genders as such) who was warrior caste, like me. He was old, of course, and had retired, but he had excellent stories, and I think he understood me better than my parents do, sometimes. He died only a few years - Earth years, that is; doing the conversion is good practice - before we left. I miss him a great deal.

Is any member of the family special to you in any way (perhaps, as a confidant, mentor, or arch-rival)?

No more than any other family, I think, with the exception of my great grandfather.

Are there any black (or white) sheep in the family (including you)? If so, please explain.

As I understand it, my mother's only sibling (I believe she thinks of herself as female, after spending a great deal of time with the Lor? So she would be my aunt, then) left the planet and made a career doing...something. My parents do not like to talk about it, and she would not discuss it out of respect for them. My impression was that it was more...scandal and disapproval than her actually doing something wrong, but that is only a guess. I like her. She was always very friendly.

Do you have a notorious or celebrated ancestor? If so, please explain, including how it has affected your life.

I understand that my great grandfather was a very respected man; even retired, he had many friends and was very well-treated. Our culture has a great deal of respect for those who do great things, and great fighters more than most, of which I have several in my...lineage. This created some pressure, looking back, when it became obvious that I was warrior caste...but I think I was too young to notice. My talents were encouraged, however, which maybe shaped who I have become.

Do you have a partner and children currently? If so, please describe them.

I...I think I am too young for that. Even by Earth standards. I do not think my odds are good, as...ah. That is the next question.

If you do not have a partner or children, do you want them someday? How firm are you in your opinion on this, and what might change your mind?

I do not think my odds are good. We are, as far as I know, the only three of my kind on Earth, and I obviously cannot date my own parents. I am...undecided on what I think of humans. I do not think my parents would approve, but that almost makes it more appealing.

What type of person would be your ideal mate?

I...do not know. Somebody with...a hunter's spirit, maybe. Does that sound too corny?

Relationships

Do you have any close friends? If so, please describe them, and how you came to be close to them.

No, not anymore. I had friends back home, but it has been several years, and adjusting to life on Earth made making friends in India...difficult. A new city, a new country, may make things easier.

Do you have a best friend? If so, how did they become your best friend? How close are you to your best friend?

No, I do not.

If you were to go missing, who would worry about you?

My parents, first. Then our...you would say 'handler'? He is responsible for making sure nobody finds us here, and my disappearance might worry him.

Have you lost any loves? If so, how did it happen, and what did you do?

I...no? I am sixteen!

Do you have any bitter enemies? If so, please describe them and their history with you.

No, I do not think so. I am not always well-liked, but there is some satisfaction in knowing that someone can never truly hurt you, and that has kept me out of trouble - I suppose this will be harder if I associate with empowered humans, but still.

If you have enemies, how do you think they might attempt to work against you in the future?

Perhaps the enemies of my parents count? In that case, they may attempt to use me against my parents, but first they must discover where and who I am. I do not like to think about what they might do. I have been told very little about who they are - for my own protection, or so I am told - and that is somehow scarier than actual information.

What is the worst thing someone has done to you?

....told me that I would have to leave my home - my planet - behind because somebody else did something very bad, and somehow that means uprooting my whole life.

Where do your loyalties lie? In what order?

To my family, to my friends, to people who have done nothing to deserve what happens to them.

Who or what do you trust the most? Why?

I trust...my parents, I suppose. They have never truly done anything they did not believe was in my best interests, though I admit I do not always believe that myself.

Who or what do you despise? Why?

People who pick upon the weak and undeserving. Who feel they have to express their power over somebody else to feel important. It is disgusting.

What qualities do you admire most in other people? Are these qualities you possess?

I admire people who can...enjoy life. Cut loose, you would say. Wisdom, too, in those who possess it. I am not certain I have all of these, but I try?

What qualities do you hate most in other people? Do you have any of those qualities?

Lack of dignity (my parents would be proud to know that), corruption, bullies. I certainly hope that if I have any of these, someone would point it out.

Do you have a secret identity? If so, who knows it? Do you hide it from people who are close to you? Why?

I suppose I have two. I try to keep my crime-fighting a secret from my parents, and my nature a secret from everyone but my parents, because of the problems each would cause. It can be exhausting, and I am looking forward to having people my own age to confide in, even if they cannot be my own species.

Do you work well on teams and in groups? Are you a leader or a follower?

I...do not know. It will be interesting to find out. I work well alone - it is difficult to be stealthy in groups - but working with a team could be very useful, and perhaps more fun.

Are you on a super team? If so, how do you get along with your comrades? Do you trust them, or do you have secrets from them?

I am not.

Are you a member of any church, fraternal organization, club, committee, political party, or other group? How much time do you spend on that?

No. I am religious, but my religion is a very private affair, and I am not as dedicated to it as many. It does not take much of my time.

Personality & Beliefs

Who are your heroes?

My great grandfather, for being...a role model, perhaps, accomplished, capable, and wise. My aunt, for having the courage to do whatever it is that she does despite the disapproval. My parents, for doing whatever they had to do to keep themselves and me safe, even if they will not tell me much.

Did you ever become disillusioned with former heroes or idols? If so, why and what were the circumstances?

I think...when I was very young, I thought my great grandfather would live forever. He always seemed so...big, so wise and powerful. To know that time kills everyone eventually was disheartening, and made him seem much smaller somehow. Though I still respected - respect - him a great deal.

Do you like being a hero? If so, what is the most rewarding part? If not, what makes you keep doing it?

I do. It is very satisfying, and to not be a hero would be frustrating. I...I would like to say that the thanks on a person's face is the most rewarding part, but I confess that the fear on a criminal's is as enjoyable. I am not sure whether or not to feel guilty about that.

Is there anything that would make you give up hero work, or even switch sides?

To switch sides? No. To give up hero work? Perhaps...if saving people caused more problems than it started for someone besides myself, or if I was no longer physically capable.

What are your short term goals (what would you like to be doing within a year)?

I would like to better adjust to life as a human. It is...very difficult, and I have a great deal to learn. I would...like to make some friends, as well. And to have the freedom to enjoy myself (responsibly, if my parents are reading this....).

What are your long term goals (what would you like to be doing twenty years from now)?

I...I do not know! I am trying to focus on the short term goals, to keep everything from feeling overwhelming. I suppose at some point I will have to either come out of hiding and risk whatever group is after my parents, or settle into life on Earth - graduate, get a job.

What a strange thought.

What is your greatest fear? Why? What do you do when something triggers this fear?

Having to move again would be...I would not want to do it. Not off-planet again, especially if I made new friends. To lose my parents, too, would be terrible, because they are close to all I have left. But these are things I try not to think about.

Is there anything you would give you life for?

Another life, I think; heroic stories and legends speak very well of those who sacrifice themselves for others. I would like to think I could do the same, if I had to....

How do you feel about money and material wealth? Do you desire it or disdain it? Are you miserly with what you have, or do you like to share? Is it a mark of success, or a means to an end?

It...I have never had much, but without it your options are more limited. I think I would like to have some, but too much just creates pressure or laziness, and I do not think I would enjoy either. Is there an amount of money where you can do the things you want, buy the things you want, but not become restricted or overworked?

How do you generally treat others?

As they treat me, I think. There is great value in being kind, or so I have been raised to believe. But I think it is true.

Are you a trusting person? Has your trust ever been abused?

I think most people do not set out to deceive. But yes, some do, and have, for however long they could keep doing so. They usually get what is coming to them when their lies fall apart.

Are you introverted (shy and withdrawn) or extroverted (outgoing)? Do you have a lot of self-confidence?

I do not think I could call myself shy. It sounds...egotistical (is that the word?) but it is easier to have self-confidence when you are very difficult to hurt. I suppose that makes me outgoing.

How do you act around attractive, available members of your preferred sex?

That is - what? I...I do not even know if I have a preferred sex. I have not thought about it enough...there have been too many other things to deal with. I do not know.

What are your most annoying habits?

I am a hunter, and I believe it gives me habits that bother other people sometimes - the way I move, the way I approach people, my sense of humor. I try to keep them under control, but....

I am told my sense of 'personal space' is not very good. That maybe the hardest of all.

Do you feel contempt for any general category of people? Who are they, and why?

Contempt? I do not think so. Even criminals often have reasons for what they do, if bad ones. And they are sometimes predators themselves, after a fashion, even if they turn it to bad ends. We have a phrase that would translate to something like 'Even the hunter respects the prey'. Though perhaps that sounds too much like I consider criminals to be lower life forms...some things do not translate well.

But contempt leads to carelessness, and being difficult to injure does not make me invulnerable.

What is your favorite food? Do you prefer any particular type of food? Do you take the time to enjoy your food, or do you eat as fast as you can?

Traditionally, platinum is supposed to be a delicacy, but I never cared for it. Steel is very good, however - especially your stainless steel. Something about what you have done to the iron makes it just...wonderful. Nickel, too, is a guilty pleasure, as is copper.

What I eat I literally carry with me, however, as I do not...excrete (which is very gross, I will add); it becomes a part of me unless I am injured and lose it, so I do not eat often. I try to savor it if I can.

What is your favorite drink (alcoholic or otherwise)?

I do not drink. Molten metal would be very dangerous. Mercury, I suppose, by default.

What is your favorite treat (dessert)?

New and novel metals. The unusual is always interesting, and can taste nothing like the metals that went into its making. But, again, it is a rare thing....

Are there any specific foodstuffs that you find disgusting or refuse to eat?

Aluminum is...no. Tin, too, for some reason. They simply are not good.

What is your favorite color? Are there any colors you dislike?

It is embarrassing to admit, but I have rapidly changed my mind. Right now I am fond of purple - a brighter 'royal' purple. It is a very nice color without being too bright.

Most colors are very nice, though. I see a few more colors than humans do, however, and some of the 'ultraviolet' colors are...not pleasing.

What sort of music do you like? Is there any that you hate?

You have a phrase - music that 'gets the blood pumping'? Something that excites you, makes you want to move. That is good music.

If you have a favorite scent, what is it?

Scent is complex. We form very strong links between scents and what they mean; family smells like family, home smells like home, friends smell like friends. The smell carries the emotions of the thing, and that is...is how it has value. It is difficult to explain. But a scent of something that I like for another reason...that is a good scent.

Do you have a favorite animal?

I rather like the large, stalking cats, or at least as much as I know about them. I respect them.

What is your most treasured possession? Why?

As I said, I have...very few. But the bone from my first hunt carries good memories, and pride. It is not very big, but it is mine, and it was an accomplishment - it was not my prey. It had hunted my prey. I hunted it.

I think this makes me sound...barbaric? Or...tribal (is that the right word?). It is simply who we are. Who, I guess, we had to be to survive on our planet. We are perfectly civilized, I promise. I think.

Do you enjoy "roughing it", or do you prefer your creature comforts?

These both have appeal. Sometimes I want to live...wild, free of civilization, indulge my instincts. Sometimes I enjoy a warm spot in the sun or to run on rooftops. Different preferences for different moods, perhaps.

Is there a job or a task you would absolutely refuse to do?

Anything truly without dignity. Assassinations. Mercenary work, too...many of us become mercenaries, but I do not like doing what I am told simply because I was told to do it. (This, I think, is where my mother would roll her eyes and mutter about teenagers.)

Do you consider yourself a spiritual person? If so, how do your beliefs affect your life? How important is it to you?

I...think so, yes. But religion for me is very private. My beliefs are...they teach dignity. Respect. Even combat, I think. I...I do not know how much these shape who I am. Perhaps a little. Perhaps a lot?

Was your faith influenced or molded by anyone special?

My great grandfather. I worship as he did, because he was the first to explain belief to me in a way that made sense.

If you belong to a religious organization, how often do you attend? Do you have a specific place of worship, or friends within the organization? How much do you agree with the beliefs of your organization?

As I said, it is...private. It is not an organization, so much, and I do not worship as my parents do, and we do not have a specific place of worship. It is not that organized. My people are...polytheistic, though I had to look up the word. We each choose to worship what gods seem...most important to us. It is impolite, even, to ask who another worships, though (at home, not so much here) it is traditional to have your believes symbolized in your personal living space, somehow, so that the asking is not needed.

This is difficult to explain, I think, but that may be the best I can do.

Could you kill? Have you killed?

There is a distinction between the prey that thinks - our word is more like 'talks' - and the prey that does not, and I do not think 'prey' or 'hunter' translate as well as they should. But the important part is that the prey that both kinds must be respected, but the prey that does not think/talk can be killed simply for the hunt, or for protection, or for trophy, so long as respect is maintained. Prey that thinks/talks cannot be killed so lightly. This, like religion, is complex and I do not know that I can explain it, or am good enough with the language to explain it.

I would not kill a human unless I truly had to. I have killed animals. I have respected every animal I have killed.

What circumstances led to you forming that conviction, or taking that action?

It is...the way of things. Which is difficult to explain. I think it is just my culture, and my religion. Whatever the source, it is what I believe.

Are there circumstances under which you believe it is permissible to kill? What are they?

Yes. To kill in your own defense, or in the defense of another, when given no other options...this is permissible.

How would you react to watching someone kill another person? Would your reaction be different if the killer was a friend or an enemy of yours?

This would depend too much on circumstances. An undeserved death is shameful, and...I would be angry. Who kills who is not as important...I think. I hope.

How would you react if something important was stolen from you?

This, too, would depend on circumstances. The theft of something truly important by a stranger or criminal is...I would be angry. Otherwise, it would be a challenge. If it was mine and not irreplaceable, and I cannot get it back, perhaps I did not deserve to have it in the first place?

How would you react to public humiliation?

Anger, maybe. Shame? I would probably want to get back at them.

How would you react if a good friend or relative were purposely or accidentally killed? Has it happened to you?

It has not happened to me. I would...I think my instinct would be to get revenge, and I would have to think very carefully on what 'revenge' meant and whether or not it would be just.

What do you consider to be the worst crime someone could commit and why?

To eat the living is...terrible, and the stuff of horror stories. I think this is partly...culture, and religion, and partly the darker stories you hear growing up. It is simply something that is frightening, awful, deep down inside where you cannot explain it. For me, anyway. I do not mean to phrase it in such a dramatic way. The idea is just...bad.

If your life were to end in 24 hours, what five things would you do in those remaining hours?

I would say goodbye to my friends, and family. I might try to contact home, if I could do so without endangering my parents. I would...set my affairs in order (I had to look up that phrase), and I would perform one final hunt, as...traditional, or religious. That is hard to explain. A powerful criminal, perhaps (without killing), or a very powerful and respected animal, preferably a predator. If I succeed, I gain...respect. A final victory. If I fail, I die to something worth dying to.

Career & Training

Do you have any special training in your hero skills? If so, where and how did you get it?

....no, and at my most humble I have to admit I would benefit from training. It is something I hope to get, somehow, while at Claremont.

Who taught you the most about your heroing abilities? What was your relationship with that person?

My great grandfather. He taught me when he thought my parents were not watching, and told me stories from fights of his own, to pass down what he had learned.

Do you have any particularly unusual skills? How did you acquire them?

On Earth, I suppose most of my skills are unusual. But they are more instinct than training.

Do you do something besides hero work for a living? Have you ever done anything else, or do you plan to?

No, I am...too young. It is annoying. I will have to work for myself at some point, however, as my family is not rich.

What is your preferred combat style?

I fight close to my enemy, with my own naturally-formed weapons.

Have you ever received any awards or honours?

No.

What skill areas would you like most to improve in? Is there anything you can't do that you wish desperately you could?

I rely too much on my instincts. Training, there, would be...helpful. And I wish I knew more about the culture here, the customs.

I suppose I wish I could simply make my parents' problems disappear.

How do you act around people who are more skilled than you in areas you'd like to improve? Are you jealous, or do you try and learn?

Those more skilled than you are simply opportunities to learn. I can be jealous and still learn, but it is better - if more difficult - to learn without jealousy. They have earned their skills, and deserve respect for it.

Lifestyle & Hobbies

What is a normal day for you? How do you feel when something interrupts this routine?

School, study, repeat. It is...not very interesting. Interruptions usually happen when I can sneak away and enjoy myself, or when we have someone check in on us to ensure nothing out of the ordinary has happened. The former I enjoy. The latter, less.

Do you have any hobbies, or interests outside hero work? What are they, and where did you pick them up?

Your television is fascinating. The variety and information there is very fun. Your movies, too, though I cannot see them as often as I would like.

What do you do for fun?

I watch television, or movies; I read (fun) books. I sneak away to find entertainment in running or exercise.

Do you have a costume? What does it look like?

It would be difficult to find a costume that...adapted when I changed form.

How do you normally dress when not in costume?

I like light, slim clothes, because they are easier to make. I enjoy the variety of colors available, though it...took me some time to get a good idea of what colors would make me stand out too much.

What do you wear to bed most nights?

I do not sleep. If I had to pretend to sleep (which sounds very dull) I would probably wear pajamas, or as little as I could get away with.

Do you wear any special jewelry? What is it, and what does it look like?

No, not right now. I think I would be too tempted to eat it.

Do you have a special place where you keep your valuables?

I have a chest, in my room, with a lock on it.

What's your preferred means of local travel? How about long distance?

Locally, I run, when I can. For long distances...train, perhaps? I am not comfortable flying.

Miscellaneous

Have you ever made a will, or tried to make arrangements for your death? What provisions did you make?

No, I have not. ...should I?

If your features were to be destroyed beyond recognition, is there any other way of identifying your body?

I cannot imagine very many bodies will be piles of fluid metal.

What would you like to be remembered for after your death?

My accomplishments and achievements. And for who I was, the good and the bad.

Do you believe you pose a threat to the public? Why or why not?

No, I do not. While I have 'powers', they operate only on me, and I am not likely to go crazy and start preying on innocent people like a wild animal.

What do you perceive as your greatest strength?

I am, physically, more capable than a powerless human.

What do you perceive as your greatest weakness?

I am...relatively untrained, and not used to working with a group.

As a player, if you could, what advice would you give your character? Speak as if he/she were sitting right here in front of you. Use proper tone so they might heed your advice...

Learn to use contractions, dear god, I'm going to go crazy here. Find a way to explain the things you have a hard time explaining, or people are going to start associating you with Klingons or something. Learn to fight in a group, learn tactics and maneuvers - bluffing, tricking, that kind of thing. They'll be a lot of help when you inevitably land yourself in trouble.