Payback (OOC, full)

Barnum

The story so far:

Magnus sent some guys to work out a deal with a large family of Irish mobsters. The deal can be anything you want, but the Irish are big into drugs and had a large shipment there with them in the warehouse in Southside. While Magnus' men and the Irish were meeting, more "soldiers" showed up, and killed some of the Irish and Magnus' men in a gun battle. They then captured and executed the rest. These "soldiers" also made off with the drugs. Magnus' men are convinced that it was King who hit the men and stole the drugs to send a message to the Irish about being careful about who they do business with.

Magnus has just showed up on the scene of the "crime" to see it for himself.

You can take it from here.

The story so far:

Magnus sent some guys to work out a deal with a large family of Irish mobsters. The deal can be anything you want, but the Irish are big into drugs and had a large shipment there with them in the warehouse in Southside. While Magnus' men and the Irish were meeting, more "soldiers" showed up, and killed some of the Irish and Magnus' men in a gun battle. They then captured and executed the rest. These "soldiers" also made off with the drugs. Magnus' men are convinced that it was King who hit the men and stole the drugs to send a message to the Irish about being careful about who they do business with.

The story so far:

Ok I am making a gather info check using contacts taking 10 to find where King might have taken off to, or at least a list of places even. total is 23 on check.

Okay, I'm working it out now. Let me see what Nightrival and Grim are going to do before I respond (so I'll know how much time we need to spend here).

Ok I am making a gather info check using contacts taking 10 to find where King might have taken off to, or at least a list of places even. total is 23 on check.

Okay, I'm working it out now. Let me see what Nightrival and Grim are going to do before I respond (so I'll know how much time we need to spend here).

That Gather Info roll is sufficient to get you what you need to know, but it will take some time. In your next post, let me know how you plan to spend the hour getting your army together and waiting to hear back from your contacts. Dorian is experienced enough to know that hanging out at the scene of a hit with a dozen dead bodies might not be the best idea. Also, if you plan on doing any "clean up" at the site, now would be the time to give that order as well.

That Gather Info roll is sufficient to get you what you need to know, but it will take some time. In your next post, let me know how you plan to spend the hour getting your army together and waiting to hear back from your contacts. Dorian is experienced enough to know that hanging out at the scene of a hit with a dozen dead bodies might not be the best idea. Also, if you plan on doing any "clean up" at the site, now would be the time to give that order as well.

I thought Contacts allowed me to gather info in one minute?

You can, but I don't think your contacts would really know anything after one minute. These events just happened. That feat doesn't make your contacts clairvoyant. It will take some time for word to get around, the detail to get leaked, and make it back to your contacts. In fact, an hour seems like a stretch, but hey, this is the comics.

Have no fear though, time is not of the essence here. This is all just set-up. For that matter, if you really wanted to stretch the bounds of credulity and have your contacts inexplicably know just what happened, I don't really care. It's not going to get Shadowboxer and Grim to that part of the story any faster. :D

You can, but I don't think your contacts would really know anything after one minute. These events just happened. That feat doesn't make your contacts clairvoyant. It will take some time for word to get around, the detail to get leaked, and make it back to your contacts. In fact, an hour seems like a stretch, but hey, this is the comics.

Have no fear though, time is not of the essence here. This is all just set-up. For that matter, if you really wanted to stretch the bounds of credulity and have your contacts inexplicably know just what happened, I don't really care. It's not going to get Shadowboxer and Grim to that part of the story any faster. :D

Ok Droain is off. Now can I just RP him to the warehouse? Since he only moves 1mile at a time. I was planning to go there as Chronos call up the back up and while waiting for the goonsquad I would poke around a bit to see what was what. Also how many men am I allowed for in this since I am supposed to be able to have 50.

Ok Droain is off. Now can I just RP him to the warehouse? Since he only moves 1mile at a time. I was planning to go there as Chronos call up the back up and while waiting for the goonsquad I would poke around a bit to see what was what. Also how many men am I allowed for in this since I am supposed to be able to have 50.

That's fine. You'll be there in my next post.

You can bring as many goons as you want. Your goons will be fighting the other goons that show up (King, the Irish, etc.), so the actual number doesn't matter. We're going to handle all that with hand waving and RP. Your goons are going to win against the other goons in the end, if you win. If you have to flee, so will they.

I'll hopefully get to post later tonight.

That's fine. You'll be there in my next post.

You can bring as many goons as you want. Your goons will be fighting the other goons that show up (King, the Irish, etc.), so the actual number doesn't matter. We're going to handle all that with hand waving and RP. Your goons are going to win against the other goons in the end, if you win. If you have to flee, so will they.

I'll hopefully get to post later tonight.