Scott Stalvern (PL 10) WIP - Edrobot

Edrobot

I didn't really want to get too caught up in swords; the Silver Saber was just supposed to be a backup weapon. And Shane the Brain is right, I was just trying to be sarcastic in the Silver Saber's description. If it's any consolation, this is what I wanted to put in the next sentence.

It was either made by a secret order of monks dedicated to protecting the box that contains the entire universe, or it was made by Dracula. We’re not quite sure which.

On the TAG: It's still a relatively ordinary looking firearm, not at all something you'd expect a "magic gun" to look like.

On the Mage's Hand: I probably should have described this a bit better. This is what I'll put in my next update:

A mummified hand on the end of a long metal chain. Controlled by the wielder’s thoughts, the hand is surprisingly dexterous, and can even float in midair. It is also surprisingly strong for its size, being capable of lifting heavy loads without the slightest effort on the user’s part. When not in use the hand curls into a fist, though it can just as easily take on any pose that a human’s hand could.

And then I'll probably have a sentance or two about it's history and how Scott had to fight an army of mummified ninjas to get to it or something.

On The COMET Handheld Portal Device: I kinda wanted to avoid direct refrences to P0rtal, but I'm glad you got the joke. Here's the revised version;

Another prototype from the COMET labs, the “Portal Cube†(as the tech guys call it), is an orange box with a bunch of knobs and switches on it. When activated, it will open a 5x5 wormhole between any two points within 20 miles of each other within the same plane of existence. Anyone or anything can pass through the portal, but it only last as long as Scott is able to keep it stabilized.

On Personality: I'm still kind of having trouble with this, but it's not my highest priority. I should say something to explain why his diplomacy stat is so high, though, and why he's putting himself on the line for COMET's reputation.

On Disarmament Complication: I'm pretty sure one of the Refs was the one who actually suggested it. I could be wrong, though.

My earlier point was that I was aware you were being sarcastic about the sword. I was just trying to make an example out of it, you see. As for personality, I'd recommend sitting down and answering the questions in that section of the HellQ for your character. That may help give you a better idea of who they are and who you want them to be.