Supersonic, Superhuman, Supernatural (IC)

Electra

"Ah, a stealth suit," Miss A repeated, sounding quite interested. "Yes, that's definitely something I ought to make some recordings of. Also very useful when you do hero work, I imagine. I was able to get readings on the physiological improvements while I was scanning you in the medical lab. Go ahead and demonstrate your stealth capabilities whenever you're ready," she instructed." Up in the lab, Miss A turned to the computer and started a new set of recordings, glancing over at Sharl to make sure he was ready with the paperwork for afterwards.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I guess; I wouldn't know really know how useful it is," he said with a shrug. "I haven't really tried anything like that. As far as I know anyway." He nodded and took a few steps to the middle of the room. He counted to 10 once she was ready and then activated the systems. He gave it another 10 count before taking a dozen regular steps to one side. He gave it another 10 before deactivating it. "How was that? Do I need to redo it?" He really had no idea how effective the stealth system was really.

Miss A watched with interest as the suit seemed to flicker and disappear before her eyes and the eyes of the camera. Because she knew he was there, and had some very sophisticated sensors at her disposal, he wasn't entirely invisible, but it was damn close. In the wild, he'd have been very difficult to spot. "No, that's just fine, we've got the readings. Just relax for another few moments and we'll be right out." She nodded absently to Sharl as she continued tweaking the computer readouts. "Go take him the paperwork, would you?" she instructed. "And make small talk for a few minutes without any more slips."

Sharl headed down there the old-fashioned way with packet in hand, since he couldn't fly through solid objects while carrying the papers. "Hey, here's all our internship stuff," he said, handing it over to Cole as soon as he was inside. "This has all the things we do with Claremont, all the work you can do at the Lab when you're in high school and even in college, that kind of stuff. We really want to get young science people in here, especially if they're heroes in their spare time." He added, winking at Cole. "That was pretty cool, by the way. Not a lot of kids like us have a cool suit like that."

Cole powered the suit down and turned as the door opened. When Sharl approached and handed him a packet, he quirked an eyebrow. "I'm sorry...but are you guys offering me a job?," he asked curiously. He didn't deny the prospect interested him a great deal; the idea of research and development for its own sake as well as sharing that knowledge was very appealing. Not to mention he certainly needed some kind of income.

He flashed a quick grin a Sharl with a nod as he began to glance through the packet quickly; it was only going to take a few seconds. "Thanks. I should point out that individuals like use don't need a suit given their own intrinsic powrs," he grinned. "But thanks; yeah I like it too."

"Heh, well, we've got to make sure you don't get picked by Archetech or one of Daedalus' companies," Sharl joked. "Science is a competitive business, and we like to keep the awesomest people around here. And even if you don't get hired full-time, having a recommendation from Miss Americana or Supercape is basically going to get you a job anywhere." While his experience wasn't exactly like Cole's, he had to think looking for a stable future made sense for the kid. Maybe he couldn't really pass for human, but at least he had a world to go back to: Cole didn't have that at all from what he'd heard. "And building your own suit is really cool.. It's like you decided to build powers for yourself."

He chuckled ruefully. "I didn't realize it was so competitive. And here I just thought it was science for science sake! Anyway, thanks for this," he said as he finished flipping through the packet. There wasn't really any chance he was going to turn it down. "I'm not going to wear a tie though. Just so we're clear," he grinned, extending a hand to Sharl. "As soon as I get settled in and stuff, I'm in." He gave a small smile. "Yeah, it is I guess. Just wish I could remember the details," he muttered.

"Science is sort of this mix of cooperation and competition," said Sharl with a little shrug. "Heroic science, anyway. The good guys all want to save the day and help everybody with their genius, but they want to be the ones to do that first! Plus, science heroes aren't like regular heroes: it's okay to make money if you're a genius." He smiled a little and admitted, "Honestly, I don't really understand that prejudice, but it'll at least help you out. Imagine how tough it would be to come here from the past or the future, or another dimension, and have no way of ever getting a job! At least regular heroes have regular lives where they can get jobs and stuff."

Cole quirked an eyebrow as he listened to Sharl. "That's kind of weird...selfish in non-selfish way weird. I'm not sure that would matter to me, the being first thing. Everyone working together, science is being done, the goal is achieved. Does it really matter who gets to say 'I was first'? Seems sort of...juvenile maybe?Least I'm right there with you then; I don't get that one." He blinked at Sharl on that one. "Wait, what? I can use my knowledge and ability with science to make money and provide for myself but you can't? That...sorta prejudicial, isn't it? I'm not complaining about getting the job mind you but...yeah, its weird."

"I'm not a genius like you guys," admitted Sharl. "I mean, I know a lot more about computers than most people, but I'm not running around inventing this, or inventing my own battlesuit," he added with a wave around the room and at Cole's technology. "As for going first, part of that's pride. People spend their lives working on a scientific project, they don't want to see the glory for that go to someone else if they can help it. Just because they got there fairly first doesn't mean it's not really annoying. Plus, if they file the papers first, they'll get the money! I mean, losing on money AND glory is pretty tough. Even if you're a hero."

He gave a little hesitant node. "I guess so," he said slowly. He just didn't quite understand the need to win or impulsive to acquire wealth. It just seemed so weird. Of course, admittedly his own perspective was somewhat skewed. He hadn't acquired those competition and greedy traits one normally gets from just living. Heck, barring freedom, he'd had pretty much everything he needed just delivered and handed to him. "I'll take your word for it. Either way, that's not something you'll have to worry about from me. The whole 'fame and wealth' bit have no appeal for me," he said with a shrug. "I wouldn't know what to do with either anyway."