Payback

Barnum

When Dorian Magnus entered the warehouse, his men were waiting for him. A short, stocky man that everyone called Slim met him at the car to fill him in.

"We've secured the place, Mr. Magnus, but it's pretty ugly in there. We lost five guys . . . execution style. Looks like the Irish lost a half-dozen. There's no doubt about it, Sir. It was King. An ambush like this is just his style."

Slim led Magnus and the others down a long hallway and into the main room of the warehouse. Strewn about the floor were more than a dozen bodies. Six or so were killed in a gun battle of some kind, but another six or so were bound and gagged, shot in the back of the head.

Shaking his head, Slim said, "I guess King didn't like the idea of us and the Irish ganging up on him, so he struck first. Stole the drugs too, from the looks of it. We've gotta get 'em back boss. Hard!" Slim slammed his fist into the palm of his other hand. The rest of Magnus' crew looked on, anger on their faces, waiting for orders.

When Dorian Magnus entered the warehouse, his men were waiting for him. A short, stocky man that everyone called Slim met him at the car to fill him in.

"We've secured the place, Mr. Magnus, but it's pretty ugly in there. We lost five guys . . . execution style. Looks like the Irish lost a half-dozen. There's no doubt about it, Sir. It was King. An ambush like this is just his style."

Slim led Magnus and the others down a long hallway and into the main room of the warehouse. Strewn about the floor were more than a dozen bodies. Six or so were killed in a gun battle of some kind, but another six or so were bound and gagged, shot in the back of the head.

Shaking his head, Slim said, "I guess King didn't like the idea of us and the Irish ganging up on him, so he struck first. Stole the drugs too, from the looks of it. We've gotta get 'em back boss. Hard!" Slim slammed his fist into the palm of his other hand. The rest of Magnus' crew looked on, anger on their faces, waiting for orders.

Dorian stared at corpse's of his men for a few seconds longer. He had to admire King's ruthless streak. Dorian wouldn't have done it much different himself. Of course such a move couldn't be tolerated. He began nodding slowly. He raised his head and looked at Slim.

"I Want the whole damn team ready to go in an hour." Slim stepped back at the uncharacteristic ice in Dorian's gaze.

"Ye-Yes sir." Slim turned and took off running. Dorian flipped open his cell phone and began to dial. Now if I were a fat rat like King, where would I hide my cheese?

Dorian stared at corpse's of his men for a few seconds longer. He had to admire King's ruthless streak. Dorian wouldn't have done it much different himself. Of course such a move couldn't be tolerated. He began nodding slowly. He raised his head and looked at Slim.

"I Want the whole damn team ready to go in an hour." Slim stepped back at the uncharacteristic ice in Dorian's gaze.

"Ye-Yes sir." Slim turned and took off running. Dorian flipped open his cell phone and began to dial. Now if I were a fat rat like King, where would I hide my cheese?

Dorian made some calls to some people who made some calls and so on. The word was out that he was gathering info on the hit and anything having to do with King and his enterprises. He was pretty sure that nothing would trace back to King directly. They never did, but he was confident that his inquiry wouldn't be fruitless. Only time, however, would tell. About an hour should do it.

Dorian made some calls to some people who made some calls and so on. The word was out that he was gathering info on the hit and anything having to do with King and his enterprises. He was pretty sure that nothing would trace back to King directly. They never did, but he was confident that his inquiry wouldn't be fruitless. Only time, however, would tell. About an hour should do it.

Dorian pointed at one of his men. "You!" The man jumped. "Take some guys and fix this place." Dorian assumed he didn't have to explain the concept of Arson. Dorian walked out the warehouse and stepped into the open door of his limo.

"Take me back to base." He commanded. Dorian's car pulled away from the dock area as it headed downtown. Funny I thought I would have struck first. I must be getting soft. Dorian chuckled. Who am I kidding I was waiting for this? Dorian watched as the city drifted by. Even though he was silent his mind raced with possibilities as he thought of how to take care of this particular problem. His phone rang. Taking it out Dorian saw that it was Slim, he answered.

"All the boys have been called in sir, what now?" He asked.

"Good. Now tell everyone to meet back at the Southside plant. Night suits." Dorian responded. Night suits meant Balaclavas and dark clothing. "I'm going to be sending some back-up. His name is Chronos I expect you to obey him as you would me."

"Yes sir." Slim answered. Dorian Clicked the phone off. Eventually the limo pulled up to the Vulcan industries main office. Dorian made his way in unlocking the door and entering the now vacant building. He took the elevator up to his spacious office. He walked up to his desk, and reaching around the back found the keypad. He pressed the secret combination into the small pad. He turned around and watched as a seamless section of the wall began to rotate. He walked towards it and stepped in leaving his office behind.

Inside was what Dorian considered his real office. A high tech workshop. Dorian walked passed various gadgets and contraptions to the stand that held his pride and joy; his tech harness. He had spent countless hours pouring over this device. But first he needed to prepare something for King.

Dorian pointed at one of his men. "You!" The man jumped. "Take some guys and fix this place." Dorian assumed he didn't have to explain the concept of Arson. Dorian walked out the warehouse and stepped into the open door of his limo.

"Take me back to base." He commanded. Dorian's car pulled away from the dock area as it headed downtown. Funny I thought I would have struck first. I must be getting soft. Dorian chuckled. Who am I kidding I was waiting for this? Dorian watched as the city drifted by. Even though he was silent his mind raced with possibilities as he thought of how to take care of this particular problem. His phone rang. Taking it out Dorian saw that it was Slim, he answered.

"Good. Now tell everyone to meet back at the Southside plant. Night suits." Dorian responded. Night suits meant Balaclavas and dark clothing. "I'm going to be sending some back-up. His name is Chronos I expect you to obey him as you would me."

"Yes sir." Slim answered. Dorian Clicked the phone off. Eventually the limo pulled up to the Vulcan industries main office. Dorian made his way in unlocking the door and entering the now vacant building. He took the elevator up to his spacious office. He walked up to his desk, and reaching around the back found the keypad. He pressed the secret combination into the small pad. He turned around and watched as a seamless section of the wall began to rotate. He walked towards it and stepped in leaving his office behind.

Inside was what Dorian considered his real office. A high tech workshop. Dorian walked passed various gadgets and contraptions to the stand that held his pride and joy; his tech harness. He had spent countless hours pouring over this device. But first he needed to prepare something for King.

While Dorian worked in his lab, the calls started coming in from his contacts all over the city. At first the news was exactly what Dorian expected: there was no word on the street about the "hit," and there was no indication that King was involved.

But then Dorian got a call from an Italian street enforcer who lived in Southside. The Italian had been on Dorian's payroll for over a year, and had been a tremendous source of information, though no one knew how he got it. The Italian told Magnus that there was another large drug shipment being managed by the Armenians for a deal with the Irish. The Irish were moving the product through a warehouse in Southside tonight. Maybe this was an unrelated coincidence. Or maybe King wasn't finished punishing the Irish. If so, this warehouse was a prime target for King's hit squad.

Only one way to find out.

While Dorian worked in his lab, the calls started coming in from his contacts all over the city. At first the news was exactly what Dorian expected: there was no word on the street about the "hit," and there was no indication that King was involved.

But then Dorian got a call from an Italian street enforcer who lived in Southside. The Italian had been on Dorian's payroll for over a year, and had been a tremendous source of information, though no one knew how he got it. The Italian told Magnus that there was another large drug shipment being managed by the Armenians for a deal with the Irish. The Irish were moving the product through a warehouse in Southside tonight. Maybe this was an unrelated coincidence. Or maybe King wasn't finished punishing the Irish. If so, this warehouse was a prime target for King's hit squad.

Dorian clicked his phone shut. Of course everything depended on just how much he trusted this information. This was probably something slim and the boys could handle. He glanced towards the stand that held the collection of high tech devices which composed his tech harness. Of course he also wanted to test the suit out. Alright King opening gambit it is.

He went to the stand and began to undress, when he finished he began to strap on the Tech Harness. Once it was over the right body part it began to lock itself into position. The eye information piece began feeding him data as the systems booted up. After checking that everything was on hundred percent. Dorain smiled.

440px-Fixer(Ebersol)_Head.jpg

"Time for some payback."

Dorian clicked his phone shut. Of course everything depended on just how much he trusted this information. This was probably something slim and the boys could handle. He glanced towards the stand that held the collection of high tech devices which composed his tech harness. Of course he also wanted to test the suit out. Alright King opening gambit it is.

He went to the stand and began to undress, when he finished he began to strap on the Tech Harness. Once it was over the right body part it began to lock itself into position. The eye information piece began feeding him data as the systems booted up. After checking that everything was on hundred percent. Dorain smiled.

440px-Fixer(Ebersol)_Head.jpg

"Time for some payback."

Dorian used his mental link to quickly bring up a mask concealing his face. With a mere thought he sifted into his Perseus configuration. It took a split second for the suit to reconfigure itself. When it was done the displacement field hummed to life cloaking his form by distorting incoming light. Dorian felt a slight rush of power. In this, he was unstoppable. The suit had quite a few more tricks as well.

He turned towards the door leading to his outside office. Without taking a step Dorian's form shimmered and vanished and he was past the door standing in front of his desk. Alright initial diagnostics check ok, now for something hard. Switching main power to the teleporter Dorian ran towards the window and leapt, before he touched the glass he vanished in flash of light.

Dorian used his mental link to quickly bring up a mask concealing his face. With a mere thought he sifted into his Perseus configuration. It took a split second for the suit to reconfigure itself. When it was done the displacement field hummed to life cloaking his form by distorting incoming light. Dorian felt a slight rush of power. In this, he was unstoppable. The suit had quite a few more tricks as well.

He turned towards the door leading to his outside office. Without taking a step Dorian's form shimmered and vanished and he was past the door standing in front of his desk. Alright initial diagnostics check ok, now for something hard. Switching main power to the teleporter Dorian ran towards the window and leapt, before he touched the glass he vanished in flash of light.

It only took a few more flashes before Magnus teleported to the roof of a building across from the warehouse that his informant had indicated. It was large for this part of town, and on the street side it had one man-sized door and one large pull up door for trucks. Both doors were shut. There were two cars parked on the street in front of the building, and both were occupied. Probably the Irish. If King was here for a hit, he wouldn't leave people sitting outside. That was a little too old school for a proper villain like King.

It only took a few more flashes before Magnus teleported to the roof of a building across from the warehouse that his informant had indicated. It was large for this part of town, and on the street side it had one man-sized door and one large pull up door for trucks. Both doors were shut. There were two cars parked on the street in front of the building, and both were occupied. Probably the Irish. If King was here for a hit, he wouldn't leave people sitting outside. That was a little too old school for a proper villain like King.