Midnight nodded in curt agreement, the humourless ghost of a thin smile touching the corner of his mouth beneath his featureless black mask. Sage's suggestion was sound, a strategy that had already proven effective in the field. "Need to know any onboard tech Redbird is carrying," he told the injured Furion. Any equipment available gave him more to work with, and he suspected they'd need every advantage they could bring to bear. Speaking of edges... Turning to his reality warping friend, Midnight rested his hands just under his chin. "Whole city. Up to it?"

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Redbird was well-equipped even by Midnight's standards, carrying with it a heavy armament load of high-energy cosmic weapons designed for sweeping large crowds of powerful opponents: i.e., heavy-combat Omegadrones specifically sent after superhumans. With a small fabricator abroad, Redbird could produce any item smaller than Midnight's own torso for his needs as well, and had plenty of spares to repair both its jets and its interstellar drive. Redbird had worked with psychic sneaks back in the Terminus, and had specific advice for Eve about how to integrate her powers into masking its energy signature from the ground.

"Yeah," said Edge with a serious look on his face, "I can take out a city. I've been talking to scientists," he said, making an admission he hadn't to his friends before, "Dr. Supercape and some of the other people at the new science Lab, and they don't really think there's an upper limit on what I can do right now. So I'm gonna put that to the test. I'm going to blow that city to Hell," he added with an unaccustomed oath, "and make sure Omega can never use it again. Maybe we're too late to save this Freedom City, but we can at least give it an honorable burial. And when we're done, we'll have a home to go back to. And so will everyone else. Everywhere." He put his hand over the fire. "I don't know if we'll have a chance to talk again, with as fast as I hear Redbird is. So...today we're going to save the world. All the worlds, everywhere, and all the people in it. There's a good chance we won't survive." The ever-cheerful Mark didn't look so cheerful now. "But it doesn't matter if we die. What matters is that we live, so that everyone else can. Let's do this."

END OF PART SIX

Continued in >There Won't Be A Next Time