The New Batch (IC)

Cyroa

Caresse shook her head at the offer for school food, "While it is a nice suggestion, I'm technically not a student yet. I have to go to administration and dot the Is and cross the Ts so to speak. I do have a room set up though. Right next to Victoria. I'll be there after that to situate my stuff. But after that, I'm free." She almost forgot the words the boy said when he tried to hand her flowers. Her heart began to beat a little faster as the boy approached her in her little three foot bubble of space. A little bit nervous, she lightly stepped back from the flowers. "It's a very nice gesture," she nodded, her voice was cheerful but obviously something was wrong there. She lightly backed up a little bit more to rebuild her bubble, "Thank you anyway." She looked to Cole, seemingly saying 'let's get out of here' with her expression.

"Dude, you can create weapons? No wonder you're so touchy about using powers on campus.

Johns' reply was a simple reply of "Indeed," at Peters' question. He then visibly frowned at the other teen for not realizing the body language that Miss Caresse was displaying.

"So, if we're having a tour, what say we start with the cafeteria? Lunch rush should be over by now, and I'm starvin'."

"I am sorry, but I will be unable to join you at the mess hall at this time, Mister Crow. But it seems that we are delaying Mister Cole and Miss Caresses' intended goal of actually getting enrolled." He looked back at the administration building. "If either of you need further assistance later, please do not hesitate to ask."

John turned his attention once again to Cole and Caresse. "It was a pleasure to make your acquaintances. Have a good day."

He headed away in the direction of the dorms, giving a small two-fingered salute as he left the informal gathering.

He nodded towards Crowe. "Everyone can do something. I do not mean abilities or special unique things. Personally, I have no 'super powers' really. I have the ability to create devices and have an elevated IQ, but I have no 'powers' per se. But without technology I am no more capable than any other fellow. As I said, everyone can do something," he repeated. He tilted his head slightly to Peter as he suppositions of the boy's powers were confirmed. Though he was somewhat surprised that the fellow didn't even know what his friend could do. Unusual...

Or perhaps he was just that oblivious. Cole quirked an eyebrow at the boy completely misunderstanding or ignoring the fact that Caresse was quite a few steps back from the rest with obvious space issues. He reached out with a gentle hand to tap the Dreamer's shoulder. "Excuse me, Peter, she has some difficulties with personal boundaries that you may have missed. Perhaps offering to hand her something is not the best choice," he said patiently.

He looked at Caresse and could see her eagerly wanting to move off, eyes practically pleading. He was fascinated by the people but she was looking rather uncomfortable. He didn't know why she had looked his way, but he couldn't just leave her hanging like that. Instead he nodded to the others and Vicky as well. "I would actually like the tour. However, I must sign in and register first before anything else. The rather unkind and decidedly grumpy gentlemen in bad suits from the government were quite clear about following their instructions or I would face certain repercussions that would have me stuck in a holding facility for another 10 months if not longer," he said wryly. "I would really prefer to avoid that myself."

He nodded to John as the young fellow walked off. "Pleasure to have met you as well," he said with a wave.

Vicky nodded at Peter, "I don't think we've had a chance to meet. Good name." At the flowers stunt, she could almost hear Morgan's teeth grinding next to her. To the students Vicky said, "Okay then, well, let's get out of their way so the newbies are signed up. I've got some free time and a summer art project to finish so while they finish the paper work, I'll try and get some more sketches done. Also, Caresse, give a yell if you need a hand moving a couch or bed or something while setting up your room."

As John politely excused himself she called to him, "We still on for some Halo Deathmatch later?"

At Cole's comment on government types, she nodded her understanding, "Yeah, I've had a few at my home before. Long story, short version... are you familiar with Senator Joe McCarthy?"

Peter looks confused at each girl's refusal to take the flowers, then embarassed at Cole's admonishment.

"Oh, right. Sorry." The flowers fade away. "I, uh, I guess I'll see some of you guys in class. See ya." He nod/waves to each of them and heads towards the dorms.

Lucid could feel a pair of eyes boring into the back of his neck as he hurried away, a flat glare that, if he'd turned around, might have been a tad disconcerting. Morgan cast a look at the retreating student that reminded everyone present of a certain headmaster; with his own spin on it, a slight narrowing and flaring of the eyelids. Granted, the overall effect was far, far less effective than Summers's patented glare, but it was certainly getting there.

Once the dude had skipped off to the nearest dorm, Crow's face snapped back to the same amiable look he had before, albeit with a slightly self-conscious mean; the guy was a bit embarassed. The teen casted about for a thread of conversation to latch onto, and barely caught Cole's mention of government-types. Morgan cocked his head to the side, his interest piqued.

"Grumpy men in bad suits from the government? Huh...that's a new one...you build something that went boom when it wasn't supposed to?"

He quickly raised a hand in deference. "I did not mean to intimidate or imply he should leave," he said towards Peter's departing back. "I was just pointing out something he seemed to have overlooked before it created too much discomfort for Caresse," he quickly finished. He felt a bit guilty now for some odd reason. He looked to Vicky and quickly continued. "Nor was I implying we needed to distance ourselves from your company. I...man, I seemed to have made the wrong impression here," he said a little worried that it had been taken the wrong way. "That was never my intent, I assure you," he said with a frown. Stupid social rules. Really need to get a book on this stuff.

He shook his head at Vicky after a second, bringing his thoughts back together. "Only in the vaguest sense. If you give me 5 or 10 minutes, I'm sure I could find out about him though. Why?" He looked over at Crow and hesitated a second before answering. "Not exactly. I was told not to be too liberal with sharing it but since those rules about the powers seem lax, I don't see the need. I was in a kind of 'quarantine' for the last 10 months or so being held in this government Facility. I was just released," he paused in thought, "about 5 hours ago and transported directly here. I, uh, seemed to be from a different reality. That isn't a 100 percent confirmed mind you, just the supposition and assumption based on certain eye-witness accounts and the advanced nature of my suit." He gave an uncomfortable shrug, wondering if now was a good time to go...somewhere else. Anywhere really. After checking in of course.

Caresse stood unusually quiet after the scare. Even as the boy skipped off. She crossed her arms over the motorcycle helmet and smiled. She was weirded out that something wrong would happen before tomorrow. That the people here would reject her after finding out what she could do. Though tomorrow that would all be fixed, she'd have to tell someone about it. Cole seemed a nice enough guy. Heck, all of these guys seemed nice in their own way. Even dream boy. Especially John, so polite. After Cole stopped explaining himself, she nodded her head towards the administration building. "Come on," she smiled warmly. She looked to the others still standing around, "It was very nice meeting you all. I hope we run into each other again." She took a step back and then turned around, looking for Cole.

"Short version, he was a psycho who fanned the flames of the 'red scare'. My mother, having moved her from Moscow towards the end of the Cold War had more than a few visits from governmental types."

As Cole and Caresse entered the building she turned to Morgan, a sly look in her eye, "You know, they'll probably be in there for about an hour and Janis is out for most of the day. Want to come back to my room and watch a movie while they finish paperwork? Afterwords, we can raid the cafeteria and make the kitchen staff weep in terror."

Cole nodded to Vicky in understanding. "Ah, I understand. I'll have to do some research in him later."

He took a step back. "I'm sure we'll see each other again soon enough. Nice meeting you both." Hefting his bag on his shoulder once more, he turned to Caresse with a nod. "I'm coming," he replied. He walked besides her, a couple steps away of course so as to not make her uncomfortable, towards the administration building. It might have been a bit of an odd sight but it didn't bother him. "Ok, let's get going," he said with a final wave to the others.

Crow's face changed from amiable to grinning, and he took her arm. With a sweep of his other arm, he indicated the path towards the dorms, and the teen winked at his girlfriend.

"So long as we don't watch another James Bond flick; I swear you've got a thing for Sean Connery."

He waved at Cole and Caresse, pondering each of them as they left. They looked like good people; Caresse in particular seemed a most interesting person...and John was single...hmmm....