Edrobot

Draft 2

Player Name: Edrobot

Character Name: Izinami

Power Level: 10

Trade-Offs: -2 Attack / +2 Damage, +2 Defense / -2 Toughness

Unspent PP: 93

Progress To Bronze Status: 0/30

In Brief: (1-2 sentences which sum up the whole character)

A former con-artist who, after coming into possession of a magical artifact, investigates the mystery of her father’s disappearance. She takes the namesake of the Japanese goddess of death, though she’d probably have changed it if she actually knew a thing or two about the mythology in question.

Alternate Identities:

Identity: Elizabeth Inami (or “Izzy†for short)

Birthplace: Freedom City

Affiliations: None

Family: Ryu Inami (Father, missing, presumed dead), Melissa Underwood (Mother)

Apparent Age: 21

Ethnicity: Japanese-American (Albino)

Height: 5’ 2’’

Weight: I truly have no clue.

Eyes: Red

Hair: White

Description:

Aside from being albino, Elizabeth Inami isn’t particularly remarkable; she has an average build, is kinda pretty but not exceptionally beautiful or anything, cuts her hair shoulder-length, and is maybe a little on the short side.

She’s rarely out in public in her secret identity, but when she does she’s usually dressed in dark glasses, a hat and a trenchcoat. This isn’t because she thinks it looks cool, but it’s to protect her eyes and skin from the sun’s rays. Admittedly, this does make her rather conspicuous, but anyone that wanted to find her would probably know where to look in any case. She also carries a Bass case with her wherever she goes, that not-so-secretly hold the Ame-no-nuhoko.

In her “heroic†identity, Izzy’s abandoned her trenchcoat and glasses, instead trading them for a white kimono that she bought at a costume store. She’s a good actor, though, and despite the simplicity of the getup, the overall image is quite creepy...

Power Descriptions: (if applicable)

History: Back in the 80’s, Ryu Inami was the greatest con this side of Tokyo. He could cheat you out of the shirt off your back, and you wouldn’t even notice until you were arrested for public indecency. But in a society where even the crooks have a sense of honor (or at least pretend they do), this sort of thing doesn’t go over well. Thus, after one con too many, Ryu was forced to flee to the U.S., where he sought the protection of Raphiel Oliverti and the Freedom City Mafia. He served as Oliverti’s personal lapdog for years, until the don’s fading health provided the perfect opportunity to escape yet again by becoming an informant, eventually becoming a straight=up vigilante once the mafia got their fingers into the police. It was here he met Melissa Underwood, an albino sorceress skilled in the art of divination, who quickly became his partner in crime. As a crime-fighting duo, Ryu and Melissa were known as Tankui and Kitsune, respectively.

Eventually, they decided to hang up their capes (metaphorically speaking), get married and settle down. Melissa gave birth to Elizabeth Inami in December 1990. Despite the inherent danger of juggling crime fighting with family life, Ryu continued his freelance vigilante work, even bringing ‘Izzy’ along on a few occasions, much to his wife’s dismay. In 1998, she filed for divorce out of concern for her family, but failed to win custody of her daughter as Ryu’s penchant for smooth talking once again came in handy.

But in 2006, his luck ran out. Receiving a mysterious summons penned by a unknown hand, he left his home one night... and never returned. It was assumed that the mafia was behind his sudden disappearance, but nothing could be proven.

But just when everyone had given up hope, one week later, Izzy received a unlabeled package in the mail. It contained an ornate, jewel-encrusted Nagitaga, along with a handwritten note from her father apologizing for his sudden departure, and instructing her to keep it hidden at all cost. Thanks to the power of the internet, she was able to figure out that the relic was stolen from the Kirby Fine Arts Museum, which was purported to be Ame-no-nuhoko, the spear from the Japanese creation myth. It didn’t take a genius to figure out that the spear possessed magic powers.

At first, Izzy used her newfound powers to make a living through petty crime, but this quickly caught the attention of heroes and bounty hunters alike, who either sought to return the spear either in the name of justice for the large cash reward. But this all came to an end when she proved instrumental in stopping the Generic Voodoo Necromancers (no, seriously. they were a gang of wizards and that’s what they called themselves) from taking over the city with an army of the dead. A particular video of her slicing up zombies with the Ame-no-nuhoko earned went viral, causing her to earn the nickname ‘Izzy Nami the Zombie Slayer’, soon evolving into “Izinami†via further memetic mutation.

Needless to say, the name stuck. Backed by a small (but dedicated) fanbase, Izzy decided to take up crime-fighting full time, running a weekly Vlog on her own exploits.

Her mother thinks it’s more than a coincidence that Izzy holds the Ame-no-nuhoko, and fears that the moniker of an undead goddess is an ill omen for things to come. Izzy thinks she’s just being paranoid.

Personality & Motivation:

Izzy is what the TVTropes wiki would call a “Type II Anti-Heroâ€, someone who acts grim, but is in reality an unambiguous pillar of moral character. And she has to be; what would her viewers think if she just went around actually killing people?

Her short-term goal is to figure out what happened to her father. Her only lead is her suspicion that he was the one who stole the Ame-no-nuhoko... but for what purpose?

Her long term goal is to become popular and successful enough to spawn a multimedia franchise, so she can make money AND fight crime. It’s every hero’s dream!

Powers & Tactics:

Without Ame-no-nuhoko, all she has going for her is the gift of gab. She’s also inherited some of her mother’s magic, but doesn’t find that field particularly interesting.

With the Ame-no-nuhoko, she has access to a balanced mix of offensive, defensive and support powers. On the offensive side, she has a moderately powerful melee attack, and a slow, but almost as powerful ranged attack. On the defensive side, she can also become intangible at will, making mundane attacks absolutely useless... though this doesn’t protect her from magical attacks. As for support, she can also drain an opponent’s life force by manipulating the boundary between life and death, and create convincing illusions to anyone within line-of-sight.

Complications:

Prejudice: Albinism. With all the crazy stuff that happens around Freedom City, Albinism is merely ‘weird’ (and some might even find it ‘exotic’). But it does make Izzy very, very noticeable, even in her civilian form. Plus, she’s easy to mistake for a vampire.

Hatred: An unknown enemy. Someone, or something is seeking Ame-no-nuhoko. Is it a magician? Is it ghost? A god? A dinosaur? The ghost of a dinosaur god that also happens to be a magician? STAY TUNED AND FIND OUT!

Hatred: Bounty hunters. While the average hero has enough respect to let her keep Ame-no-nuhoko, some folks care more about the $7,000,000 reward the museum is offering for its return.

Recognition/Thrills: Izzy feels that the only reason people aren’t still after her is because she’s internet famous, so she needs to seek out greater and greater challenges in order to keep her fans.

Abilities: 0 + 4 + 0 + 10 + 0 + 6 = 20PP

Strength: 10 (+0)

Dexterity: 14 (+2)

Constitution: 10 (+0)

Intelligence: 20 (+5)

Wisdom: 10 (+0)

Charisma: 16 (+3)

Combat: 0 + 6 = 6PP

Initiative: +3

Attack: +0 (+0 Base)

Grapple: +0

Defense: +12 (+3 Base, +9 Dodge Focus), +1 Flat-Footed [6 PP]

Knockback: -0

Saving Throws: 0 + 0 + 10 = 14PP

Toughness: +12 (+0 Con, +12 Protection)

Fortitude: +4 (+0 Con, +4 PP)

Reflex: +3 (+3 Dex, +0)

Will: +10 (+0 Wis, +10 PP)

Skills: 72R = 16PP

Bluff 14 (18)

Diplomacy 10 (13)

Concentration 5 (10)

Disable Device 4 (10)

Gather Information 7 (10)

Intimidate 10 (13)

Investigate 5 (10)

Knowledge: Arcane Lore 5 (10)

Sense Motive 10 (10)

Feats: 35PP

Well-Informed

Accurate Attack

Blind-Fight

Defensive Attack

Power Attack

Connections

Quick Draw

Set-Up

Artificer

Ritualist

Eidetic Memory

Equipment 1

Fearless

Fearsome Presence

Master Plan

Distract

Jack of All Trades

Attack Specalization (Ranged) 8

Dodge Focus 9

Uncanny Dodge

Cell Phone w/ Camera (3)

Laptop (1)

Flashlight (1)

Powers: 0 + 0 + 0 = 0PP

Device 14 (87PP, Feats: Restricted (Izzy only), Drawbacks: Hard-To-Lose ) (Ame-no-nuhoko, Naginata) [70PP]

Insubstantial 4 (Flaws: Repelled by Magic )

Super Senses 2 (Extras: Counters Concealment (Darkness)) (Nightvision, Divine)[2 PP]

Create Object 7 (Feats: Innate Flaws: Permanent) (Creation, Divine/Earth) [8 PP]

Protection 8 (Extras: +5 Recovery Bonus, +5 Regeneration Rate) (Divine) [8 PP]

Flight 3 (Divine) [6 PP]

Offensive Array( Extras: Effects Corporeal Feats: 3 Alternate Powers)[43PP]

• Base Power: Strike 12 ( Feats: Accurate 4, Extended Reach, Incurable, Split Attack 2) (Stab, Divine/Slashing) [20 XPP]

Alternate Power: Blast 10 (Purge, Divine/Magic) [20 XPP]

Alternate Power: Drain 10 (Constitution) (Death Touch, Divine/Biologic) [20 XPP]

Alternate Power: Illusion 12 Extras: All Five Senses Flaws: Action (to Full-Round), Phantasms, Distracting Feats: Selective, Progression 7 [20 PP]

Drawbacks: (-0) + (-0) = -0PP

Disability: Albinism

Vulnerability(Solar, Frequency: [uncommon], Intensity: [Minor]) [-1PP]

Weakness(Bright Lights, Frequency: [Very Common], Intensity: [Minor]) [-3PP]

(Please note that you can only have a number of drawbacks equal to your PL, not including power drawbacks. Also, power drawbacks, such as Full Power or Power Loss, should be listed on the power, not here.)

DC Block:

ATTACK        RANGE       SAVE                        EFFECT

Unarmed       Touch       DC10 Toughness        Damage (Physical)

Stab          Melee(+5ft) DC22 Toughness        Damage (Physical, Divine)

Blast         100 ft.     DC20 Toughness        Damage (Physical, Divine)

Death Touch   Touch       DC22 Fortitude        Attack (Biological, Divine)

Illusion      Perception  DC22 Will             Sensory (Psionic, Divine)

NOTE: The easiest way to get your DC Block to line up is to write it out in a word processor in a Courier font, then just copy/paste it into your post.

Abilities (20) + Combat (0) + Saving Throws (14) + Skills (20) + Feats (30) + Powers (70) - Drawbacks (4) = 150/150 Power Points

Numerous formatting problems, the fact that you haven't spent all your PP, and the issues with Mecha and Manga (a badly-written sourcebook and not really suitable for our game anyway. mean I need to move this to Character Building.

Edrobot: Please build your characters based on American superhero tropes, not anime or stuff you see in Mecha and Manga. We've had almost nothing but awful experiences with anime-influenced characters, and we don't really have an interest in seeing them here.

Numerous formatting problems, the fact that you haven't spent all your PP, and the issues with Mecha and Manga (a badly-written sourcebook and not really suitable for our game anyway. mean I need to move this to Character Building.

Edrobot: Please build your characters based on American superhero tropes, not anime or stuff you see in Mecha and Manga. We've had almost nothing but awful experiences with anime-influenced characters, and we don't really have an interest in seeing them here.

Actually, I was explicitly trying to make a character based on Japanese mythology that was not "anime-influenced". And I understand how broken Mecha and Manga is; if you notice, I only used one feat from Mecha and Manga, a feat with a very very narrow application. Admittedly, I kinda skimmed the 'no anime influence' rule by making my character albino, but I tried to portray it relatively realistically instead of just "my guy has white hair isnt that awesome LOL".

Belvie me, if I wanted an anime-inspired character, I would have made her a mecha-riding magical girl with a talking dinosaur for a pet.

If you have any idea how my character concept could be salvaged, please let me know. I want to know if my concept is actually viable before I do any reformatting or stat correction.

The new version of my sheet is up, and I'd like some suggestions on it.

I've rewritten the second half of my character bio, adjusted my powers and double checked the rules. All that's left is reformatting and general public approval before I submit this baby.

From the advice I got on the chat room, I'm giving up on this character concept and starting over from scratch. Someone please lock/delete this nobody down the line complains about it.

Sorry to hear that.

This is the Character Building forum, which is more or less an open playground. There's no need for us to lock up or archive threads here. It's the Character Bank which we try to keep clean, since it's all official-like.