Space Safari: Fulcrum, Gossamer, and the Giant Beast (OOC)

Supercape

Gossamer can whip up some appropriate sedative etc with Craft Chemical feat I am sure - either at the Lab, or on site.

DC 20 for a sedative Fatigue 4 effect, +1 Power Rank per 5 points on your craft roll above 20. (as a general sedative). Give it with a syringe of chloroform or something like that!

Alternatively, if you can get a sample of the Beast, and Appropriate LIfe Sciences check feel free to make that craft roll at +10 bonus for a customised sedative!

Gossamer can whip up some appropriate sedative etc with Craft Chemical feat I am sure - either at the Lab, or on site.

DC 20 for a sedative Fatigue 4 effect, +1 Power Rank per 5 points on your craft roll above 20. (as a general sedative). Give it with a syringe of chloroform or something like that!

Alternatively, if you can get a sample of the Beast, and Appropriate LIfe Sciences check feel free to make that craft roll at +10 bonus for a customised sedative!

Being a thorough and scientific person, Goss will probably opt for both; making the general sedative in her lab but bringing along a portable field kit in case her initial formulation is insufficient.

Jumping to off world. Heri, make a Craft (CHemical) roll for that General Anaesthetic if you will!

I will presume you can take some basic Chemical craft materials and equipment to modify it on the planet if you wish (after sampling the creature, and using LIfe SCiences skill).

For reference, its bloody freezing! but all three have immunity to cold environments hurrah!

Gravity is a little low and Air is a little thin. If it comes up I might give a -2 circumstance penalty to "endurance" type rolls (breathholding or prolonged running etc) due to lowish 02 levels buts its unlikely - although Fulcrum can escape this too.

Ice everywhere so its darn slippery: like -25% movement penalty and a -5 circumstance penalty to being tripped!

As far as the thin atmosphere and face protection go, can Goss do something about this with an HP? I was imagining some sort of face mask with goggles and a oxygen concentrator; think the masks Leia and Han wore inside the cave/worm creature in Empire Strikes Back . As a Lab employee, I would think something would be possible.

Craft (Chemical): 1d20+10=28

As far as the thin atmosphere and face protection go, can Goss do something about this with an HP? I was imagining some sort of face mask with goggles and a oxygen concentrator; think the masks Leia and Han wore inside the cave/worm creature in Empire Strikes Back . As a Lab employee, I would think something would be possible.

Craft (Chemical): 1d20+10=28

The thin atmosphere is breathable but a little thin. Think high altitude and therefore the marginal penalty above.

Im sure Goss would have access to a respirator and goggles as above, and to be honest its cool enough (and the benefit mild enough) to stunt that for free. Away you go!

For reference you now have a concentrated tube of...

Universal Tranquilliser Fatigue 5 Effect.

Getting into the beast is another trick of course ;) Oh and there is enough for several "doses" - effectively I'll treat it like ammo. If you want to run out at an inconvenient moment its a complication. Otherwise it is limitless (within reason!).

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, ill presume [i hope correctly] thats a move by action with the spear!

IM going to have to wing these rules slightly, feel free to critique.

The trick here I guess is to penetrate the Toughness +23 Hide of the Beast. So, Ill say that to do that it has to face a DC of 15+STR bonus of the assailant.

However, if "damaged" it will only get a bruise top if it fails by 5 or more (As the attack is to inject it not harm it). ANY fail means it has to face the anaesthetic (as a poison attack).

As Fulcrum is using a nifty tactic of speed to penetrate the hide, I will increase that DC by 2.

1d20+23=33 Toughness save vs: 35 (18+2+15). Injected!

Fort Save

1d20+18=34 Unaffected!

DUM DUM DAAA!

Well the drug may not have worked, but what do you know? a DNA sample of the beast...

Yeah, she'll take 20, on both if possible.

That wil give you a roll of 40, and a specific drug that gives fatigue 8 (extra: poison).

The above applies for what one might call a "standard" shot, like the harpoon. Of course, the more you can get into it, the higher the DC!

1d20+22=25 I forgot that its previous bruise had almost certainly healed after the chemical work, even so, thats one bad roll of 26...

KO!!!!

Now, I am going to use narrative GM powers here. GM FIAT to your benefit.

Basically, its knocked out from a combination of that harpoon and the drug. Same effect, I'm just giving you a slight benefit - the harpoon hits a major vein and drug washes straight to its head.

Cool. :)

Okies, she's flipping to full Super Strength 9 (12,500 tons/25 million lbs), Flight 3 (50 mph) and hauling the creature back to her friends. If it's lighter than her max, she'll transfer SS to Flight to speed things up (ie picking up speed slowly).

on 12,500 tons? Pffaaah!

Ok the think is Awesome size, which is 2 million lbs +.

Technically that could exceed your lifting capacity, but I think its unlikely. I'll just say its a considerable load even for her, but one she can still manage comfortably.

on 12,500 tons? Pffaaah!

Ok the think is Awesome size, which is 2 million lbs +.

Technically that could exceed your lifting capacity, but I think its unlikely. I'll just say its a considerable load even for her, but one she can still manage comfortably.

If cape can fly Goss over there, she can help as well! Guess I need to post, huh?

• 4 weeks later...