Game On! (OOC)

Raveled

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ironclad's Wrist Blasters, w/ full All-Out Attack and full Power Attack, vs Drone's Def (1d20+15=33) Yeesh. Times like these, I wish I had autofire on those blasters. Oh well, hits for DC 30 Toughness.

Drone's Toughness, vs DC 30 (1d20+8=22) It's not down! It's Stunned + Bruised, but not yet down!

Dragon attempts to chomp on poor, ol' Dragonfly.

Melee attack, vs Dragonfly's Def (1d20+5=7) Nope!

Oh, and Dragonfly gets a HP since there's nothing electronic around for her Datalink to interact with. Darn pre-industrial settings! Someone buy Quirk Mass Effect! (Or don't. Last thing we want is for the sequel of this thread to be the Interceptors vs. the Reapers.)

Time to play the "I'm faster, but you're stronger" game. Whee!

Standard Action:

Ranged Attack Roll vs. Dragon (blast; Power Attack -2/+2) (1d20 + 10 - 2=12)

....okay now I'm rerolling. That's ridiculous.

Ranged Attack REROLL vs. Dragon (blast; Power Attack -2/+2) (1d20 + 10 - 2=12)

Plus ten makes it 22, which ought to hit. DC27 Toughness for the dragon.

Move Action: Put as much distance between herself and the dragon as is possible, preferably away from the village.

Long fight is long. Bleh.

Ranged Attack Roll vs. Dragon (blast; Power Attack -2/+2) (1d20 + 10 - 2=12)

No. Reroll.

Ranged Attack REROLL vs. Dragon (blast; Power Attack -2/+2) (1d20 + 10 - 2=15)

25, though it'd hit even if it wasn't a reroll. DC27 Toughness for the dragon.

Dragonfly surges (and will pick up fatigue at the start of her next round if she doesn't use a hero point to get rid of it):

SURGE: Ranged Attack Roll vs. Dragon (blast; Power Attack -2/+2) (1d20 + 10 - 2=17)

Another hit! Thank goodness for size penalties. DC27 Toughness, again.

Aaand then her move action to back off at least a little - to 200ft, say, above and to the side away from the village.

Maths: Dragonfly started with two HP; she got one for Datalink being useless, she got one for the fiat, she spent one on a previous reroll and one on this reroll, so she's back down to two (one, if she waives the fatigue later).

Toughness Save vs. Dragon's Breath, DC25 (1d20 + 8=10)

:facepalm:

Since fatigue hasn't technically hit yet to be waived, I'll just spend that last hero point here, I guess.

Toughness Save REROLL vs. Dragon's Breath, DC25 (1d20 + 8=20)

Bruised + Stunned.

Concentration Check vs. Being Set On Fire, DC15 (1d20 + 5=10)

Failure. But she'd have to do the following checks anyway, since she's stunned.

Concentration Checks to maintain Force Field (DC13), Shield (DC18), Flight (DC14) while Stunned/Distracted (1d20 + 5=24, 1d20 + 5=6, 1d20 + 5=15)

Dragonfly keeps her force field, loses her shield (-8 defense), but stays in flight.

At the start of her next round (which she spends being stunned and floating in mid-air) her suit burns out from fatigue: -2pp to all powers.

That's -0 Attack, -1 Damage, -2 Defense, -3 Toughness, plus the loss of teleport, some super-senses, improvised tools, etc, etc. Note that the stun, by virtue of being a stun, robs her of her shield's benefits anyway: with the -2 modifier on top of that she has 0 Defense.

First things first - Dragonfly gets her shield back online! I'll...let the fatigue go, for now. Getting rid of it would be nice but not as nice as being able to avoid another stun like that, and having to rely on rolling a 19.

Melee Attack Roll vs. Dragon (damage+nullify; Power Attack -2/+2) (1d20 + 10 - 2=11)

For crying out loud....it's not even the power attack. The thing's DC15 to hit. The dice just won't let her TOUCH anything....