Interceptors - They're Finally Getting Married! OOC)

Heritage

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should ALWAYS power attack for full when you've caught someone flat footed. Especially when said someone is a posted NPC with a TOU shift ;)

See, I never look at the baddies' sheets, since I figure my character wouldn't know that stuff, so I shouldn't either. Now I just feel dumb :(

Anyways, if I make an IC GM post? Are you okay with me writing a description of Thrude jumping in the way, or would you prefer I write about him taking the shot, you write about her actions and I write about the outcome?

Feel free to just describe it in a GM post.

I think Colt suffers damage = the KB rank from Thrude impacting him

That sounds right to me.

I'm ruling that Thrude and Colt get an HP here for this setback. Thrude for her selfless sacrifice by interposing for her teammate earns a second one. That's what being a hero is all about, and damnit if that doesn't deserve a reward.

Initiative and Status

Dynamo - 29 - HPx4 - Unharmed

Jack - 28 - HPx6 - Unharmed; EE'ed & potentially fatigued

Dok - 27 - HPx5 - Unharmed

Grim - 26 - HPx3 - Unharmed

Gillman - 23 - Unharmed

Colt - 18 - HPx7 - Bruised

Dragonfly - 17 - HPx2 - Unharmed

Jill - 15 - HPx1 - Unharmed

Thrude - 14 - HPx3 - Unconscious (0th round)

Fulcrum - 9 - HPx1 - Unharmed

Willow - 4 - HPx1 - Unharmed

Right, so after my GM post, that'll bring Colt up. I'll be making two posts just to set them apart here. Colt just earned an HP, but he'll be using one to nix the Stunned condition. The two have been knocked about 500 feet into the next dimension. Even if Colt runs all out toward the portal, he won't make it there before it closes. He needs Thrude to wake up and launch their asses back there. He's going to use his entire round to try and wake her up. He has no mechanical way of doing this because Leadership can't remove damage, he doesn't have inspire, and he doesn't have Jack of All Trades to pop an HP for Medicine.

If any of the GM's want to chime in with a better way of handling the situation, I'm all ears. But for now, I'm just hoping she makes that recovery check :)

After my two posts, Dragonfly is up.

Wearing, as she does, a sophisticated suit designed to fold the fabric of space and reality, is there anything Dragonfly can do to wedge the portal open and give Colt and Thrude an extra round or two to get clear? That'd be her first instinct, given the dramatically-arranged knockback and Gillman's reaction. Still, it's pretty clearly a plot device power, and I figured I should ask before trying something either mechanically broken or making you fiat again.

One use of Hero Points is to alter a situation to your favor with GM approval. Yes, the portal is plot device-y, but Heroes are heroes. Spend a point, give me a good description, and sure, I'll allow it! :) Dragonfly would be able to double it to 6 rounds instead of three.

Do note, however, that Gillman has said loud enough for everyone to hear, that the portal is a one-way portal. Though, the extra time might give Archeville or someone else the time required to reverse the polarity or whatever other super science jargon they're willing to try :science:

Yeah, figured I'd leave getting them BACK to Dok, since he's already accessed the device.

Free actions: suit up, activate defenses (just in case).

Dragonfly spends a hero point to slow the collapse of the portal.

Done and Done.

Gillman - 23 - Unharmed

Dragonfly - 17 - HPx1 - Unharmed

Thrude - 14 - HPx3 - Unconscious (0th round)

Gizmo, Jill is next!

I hesitate to ask this, since I know it's a big deal for Quote and Heritage, but is there any way we could accelerate this a bit? After this wraps I plan to kick off my Evil!Dok Gone Wild thing, but at the end of this thread Dok'll be making an announcement that's going to make his betrayal sting that much worse for one person in particular ( :o ).

We have a lot of characters in this thread (probably too many, due to Grim's extensive guest list); does anyone want to be skipped in initiative order? I only say this since I get the sense folks want this wrapped up asap, not because I want to hose anyone out of cool heroic activities.

Oh, wow, I totally missed that Jill was up. Sorry about that.

Jill O'Cure

Move Action: Auto-DC 25 Taunt w/Skill Mastery

Standard Action: Trap Gillman in a Create Object force field. That's a DC 22 Relfex Save to avoid being trapped.

REF DC 22 to avoid being trapped (1d20+10=18) He is indisposed as such! Feel free to make that IC description however you want, Gizmo.

I'm not going to bother continuing with the combat as such, really. Combat rounds remain, however, as the collective heroes only have so long to figure out a way to get Thrude and Colt back through the portal.

Gillman - 23 - Unharmed

Thrude - 14 - HPx3 - Unconscious (1st round)

Thrude! Instant recovery? Pass turn? What?

Gillman - 23 - Unharmed

Fulcrum, anything to add?

I have no video on my computer right now. I'm diagnosing the problem, but all of the replacement parts I may need will have to be shipped. Until then I'm posting with my old laptop. It's about as stable as the Greek economy so my posting will be sporadic. Sorry for any delays!

Not sure if you'd want to skip Fulcrum or not.

We need to get this over with. Sorry Darius, but you'll have to be skipped for now.

Sorus has opted not to act with Willow. Top of the order again. Geez3r!

Gillman - 23 - Unharmed

Any chance Dynamo could run through the worm hole, grab Colt and Thrude and run them back in time? Take a 10 on Know: Physical Sciences and/or Technology to get DC 25 result to know relatively likihood of success.

Carrying the 2 of them would be a heavy load, or a medium load for the seldom used application of EE to double one's lifting capacity. Eli's got a +10 Acrobatics if that helps, or +18 if his Pursuit Expert feat comes into play for rapid turn arounds.

Feesible or no?

Strait up no. On the grounds that that is, in fact, exactly as the villain said it was, a one-way portal. You can't get back through it. You can't even see it from the other side. etc. etc. It also will not allow passage for more than one more mortal. It was built to allow the passage of to mortals. Thrude kind of circumvented the rules there when she went went through it ;) etc.

Here's the knowledge chart since I don't want to re-type it:

Knowledge Planes/Physical Sciences/Arcana/anything else that you can argue would apply ;)

DC 20 - One way portal

DC 25 - Two person portal

DC 30 - Immortals and non-persons (constructs, undead, etc) do not count against the two person rule.

So Eli gets the first two.