Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Heritage

Interceptors - They're Finally Getting Married! OOC)

Recommended Posts

Seating arrangements! Check out Grim's Guide to Her Crazy Relatives for more info.

The Big Table

Eli East

Ben Epstein

Jack of All Blades

Billy Reynolds

Lynn Epstein-Reynolds

Eddi Epstein

Mona Teymourian

Jill O' Cure

Table 1

Dr Viktor Archeville

Dragonfly

Elaine Epstein

Harold 'Butch' Epstein

Table 2

Karl Epstein

Deputy US Marshal Annabel Steele

Thrude

Willow

The other tables are various members of Lynn's extended family, and thus not very important for our purposes. Lynn left it up to the individual guests if the want to use secret or street identities; she's essentially 'outing' herself to her family, but she won't force anyone else to do so. The cards at the tables would list whatever name people want to go by for the day, and other than the groomsmen and bridesmaids (who can wear masks if the want, as long as they're coordinated!), folks can appear in or out of uniform.

Share this post


Link to post

Quote, I'm fine with moving to the first dance, but I think it might be best doing that via a bit of a time jump, since dinner is just starting. Everyone okay with that? If so, maybe you could split you post in half with a dotted line down the middle, Q?

Share this post


Link to post

I forgot how much if anything Grim knows about this guy; we were going to do that thread where we went over to Colt's homeworld, right? I think Colt mentioned some stuff about him there.

Share this post


Link to post

No idea what the actual DC would be, sooo we'll just roll and say whatever. Dragonfly intends to neuter the device - make it useless for its intended use. I'd be more specific, but can only make a tentative assumption about what it does and what she'd find when she links to it. Soooo time for some blind rolls.

Computers Check (1d20 + 15=18)

Eh, this is worth a hero point!

Computers Check REROLL (1d20 + 15=18)

Huh. How 'bout them odds.

Still, on a reroll that's 28, and at 100x speed. It should do, though please let me know if it doesn't and I'll have her change tactics.

Share this post


Link to post

Grim knows that this guy is essentially Colt's arch enemy. He's "The Bad" to Colt's "The Good" so to speak.

Sorry, Fox, but as a PL 15 NPC, there's no reason his plot device gadget WOULDN'T have the highest security around. It's got a DC 40 to crack, so that check's gonna fail.

I'm also explicitly not going to ask for initiative rolls, because there shouldn't be any need for them. This is going to be over before it starts.

Share this post


Link to post

Hmm, by cutting to the dancing, we probably jumped over the point where JoAB would normally have made his speech; if'n you still want to do that, Giz, we can always futz with the normal order of events some. It might be a fun way to wrap up the thread, actually.

Share this post


Link to post

There will be one more post to wrap the segment up before the actual wedding finishes off, and Jack makes his speech and everything. But before I lay down that last post, I'm giving everyone one last chance for reactionary posts.

Hmm, by cutting to the dancing, we probably jumped over the point where JoAB would normally have made his speech; if'n you still want to do that, Giz, we can always futz with the normal order of events some. It might be a fun way to wrap up the thread, actually.

Yea, that was actually what I was trying to go for.

Share this post


Link to post

Initiative Roll (1d20 + 7=17)

Dragonfly apparently spends the first part of the round trying to figure out how a guy with +3 INT fit maximum-possible, better-than-world-class security on something the size of a cell phone, heh.

Share this post


Link to post

Okay, if this guy is suddenly PL15, I assume you at least have a revised sheet posted somewhere. Really it should have gotten approved first (with three refs in the thread, wouldn't have taken long, amirite?) but even if it's just "add +2 to everything there" we should know that going in.

Also: DC 40 security? On a handheld device possessed by a guy which no points in Computers at all. Seriously. If you're going to Fiat, at least give Dragonfly back the HP she spent.

[/annoyance at not-unexpected railroading]

Jack: Initiative. (1d20+9=28)

Jill: Initiative. (1d20+4=15)

Share this post


Link to post

Thrude's Initiative: 14.

Thrude's got Interpose, a 100ft movement rate, and enough Leaping+STR to jump over a man's head from a standing start. There shouldn't be any spot in the reception hall that she can't reach with a single move action. I'm declaring now that Thrude will Interpose as a Reaction for the first person whom Angel-Eyes tries to attack.

Share this post


Link to post

Okay, if this guy is suddenly PL15, I assume you at least have a revised sheet posted somewhere. Really it should have gotten approved first (with three refs in the thread, wouldn't have taken long, amirite?) but even if it's just "add +2 to everything there" we should know that going in.

Yea, that was a mistake. I hadn't looked at his sheet in a while. I had *thought* he was PL 15. But he isn't. His sheet remains unchanged.

And yea, Dragonfly get's a point for the Fiat. The only reason I hadn't awarded one was because that was before I decided there would actually be some combat (albeit short lived).

So Dragonfly get's an HP.

I'll apologize again for the crappy GMing job. This is why you tell me you have a problem with the things I'm doing when I run games: Because I'm always willing to compromise and fix them. Just grumbling about it behind my back does nothing for anyone. Say something about it (politely), and I'll most likely realize that you have a fair point and reward you just for the effort of fighting for your point.

Also, that looks like that's everyone's initiative. I'll post initiative and status in the next post to simplify things.

Share this post


Link to post

Colt gets an HP for being without any of his Devices. Dragonfly gets the aforementioned HP. If anyone else uses Devices, but pointedly did not bring them, they'll get an HP as well (provided the device is something they heavily rely on for offense/defense/thematic powers, etc.), but it's your job to point that out.

Initiative and Status:

Dynamo - 29 - HPx4 - Unharmed

Jack - 28 - HPx6 - Unharmed

Dok - 27 - HPx5 - Unharmed

Grim - 26 - HPx3 - Unharmed

Gillman - 23 - Unharmed

Colt - 18 - HPx7 - Unharmed

Dragonfly - 17 - HPx2 - Unharmed

Jill - 15 - HPx1 - Unharmed

Thrude - 14 - HPx1 - Unharmed; Interposing

Fulcrum - 9 - HPx1 - Unharmed

Willow - 4 - HPx1 - Unharmed

Round 1. Go!

Share this post


Link to post

Two ways I reckon you can do that.

A) Move Object, Area (Burst or Shapeable) & Selective Attack, Range [Touch], with enough Progression to cover the whole reception.

B) Speed, Affect Others (Other + Self) & Area (Burst or Shapeable) & Selective Attack, with enough Progression to cover the whole reception.

Share this post


Link to post

I'd prefer the first option. I think the second option would require them to take their turns. And I don't see them beating a 20 on initiative bonuses (i.e. going before Gillman).

Share this post


Link to post

So...

Move Object 5 Extras: Burst Area, Selective; Flaws: Touch Range; PF: Progression 2

Would cover it? As people aren't particularly heavy...

Share this post


Link to post

As long as he's strong enough to throw a person over his shoulders in a fireman's carry, I'd let him just take a full action for a double-move, let him evacuate as many people as his movement speed will allow for (running back and forth between the exit and any given person's location), and just handwave away the "grappling" or "object manipulation" as routine tasks for the purposes of Quickness. This is exactly the sort of thing speedsters are supposed to be able to pull off.

Share this post


Link to post
Sign in to follow this  

×