Interceptors - They're Finally Getting Married! (IC)

Heritage

Fulcrum remained in the background and paced back-and-forth nervously. She knew the science types would have a better chance of assisting Colt and Thrude than she. She'd been ready to pile drive Gillman for interrupting the wedding, but thankfully Jill took care of that annoyance before she had to intervene. Which left her without really much to do other than wait out the emergency.

A great sigh of relief swept from her at her friends' safe recovery. Watching Viktor examine the goddess, Fulcrum knelt next to Colt and gave him a gentle squeeze on the shoulder. "Someone here would like to see you," she whispered, motioning to Lynn.

No sooner had she spoken than a strange force tugged her toward Viktor. If not for noticing he was up to something, she probably would have fought back against the beam. Instead she just went with it, crossing her arms on approach. Her mood immediately shifted from whimsical to shell shocked. She just stood there, arms limp, face befuddled, as he proposed. Yes, he freaking proposed. Something like that just takes time to process. And on top that wonderfully geeky science humor she found so endearing!

Eventually, her mouth moved but no sound emerged. The trance snapped then and she let out a confused stream, "I...Viktor...really...we talked about this...know the way I feel about...I...just...uh..." Stopping herself cold, she gazed into those big, puppy-dog eyes, took a deep breath and cried, "Yes, damnit! Yes!" while scooping him up into a huge hug.

And then the waterworks started.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fulcrum remained in the background and paced back-and-forth nervously. She knew the science types would have a better chance of assisting Colt and Thrude than she. She'd been ready to pile drive Gillman for interrupting the wedding, but thankfully Jill took care of that annoyance before she had to intervene. Which left her without really much to do other than wait out the emergency.

A great sigh of relief swept from her at her friends' safe recovery. Watching Viktor examine the goddess, Fulcrum knelt next to Colt and gave him a gentle squeeze on the shoulder. "Someone here would like to see you," she whispered, motioning to Lynn.

No sooner had she spoken than a strange force tugged her toward Viktor. If not for noticing he was up to something, she probably would have fought back against the beam. Instead she just went with it, crossing her arms on approach. Her mood immediately shifted from whimsical to shell shocked. She just stood there, arms limp, face befuddled, as he proposed. Yes, he freaking proposed. Something like that just takes time to process. And on top that wonderfully geeky science humor she found so endearing!

Eventually, her mouth moved but no sound emerged. The trance snapped then and she let out a confused stream, "I...Viktor...really...we talked about this...know the way I feel about...I...just...uh..." Stopping herself cold, she gazed into those big, puppy-dog eyes, took a deep breath and cried, "Yes, damnit! Yes!" while scooping him up into a huge hug.

And then the waterworks started.

"Someone here would like to see you," she whispered, motioning to Lynn.

Those who knew Lynn well might have expected her to throw herself at her husband and shower him with kisses, but the day (both good and bad) had taken a lot out of her; instead, she carefully stepped over to her wedding dress and oozed into it, filling it back up with her elfin form, and then returned to Colt's side. Dropping down to hug him fiercely, she rocked him back and forth as she murmured in to his ear, "I've gotcha, honey. I've gotcha..."

She did, however, slowly extened a hand in Gillman's direction and gave the villainous cowpoke the finger.

"I...Viktor...really...we talked about this...know the way I feel about...I...just...uh..." Stopping herself cold, she gazed into those big, puppy-dog eyes, took a deep breath and cried, "Yes, damnit! Yes!" while scooping him up into a huge hug.

The exhausted bride smiled at the newly-engaged couple and nodded happily. "About frickin' time, Dok."

From his position by the door, Dynamo had a good vantage point for all of the good and terrible things that had transpired in the seconds between breaths. But his worries were without reason, the group had things well in hand, and soon enough, everything was resolved. Dynamo picked up his tux in the back corner of the room, and threw it back on in a blur of motion. "Congrats." he said softly to Dok and Fulcrum, wanting them to enjoy the moment, while not disturbing Colt and Grim who had just gone through a rather tough ordeal. Excusing himself from the four couples, Dynamo went to go collect the rest of the wedding party, and fill them in on what had transpired (of course leaving certain details unsaid).

Walking out of the main hall and rounding a corner, Dynamo had to pause a moment. He must have had something caught in his eye...

"Years I been chasin'em. Years. Thought'a was fin'ly done wit'em when I came t'this dimension, but the varmit follows me." Colt spoke quietly to Grim as he watched the proposal happen, "Spend'a 'nother year lookin' fer'em 'n turn up nothin'. Then'e goes'n shows up't ma weddin'." Colt shook his head still in disbelief at what had transpired in the last few seconds.

Colt looked up at Grim, and stroked her face. "Earlier t'day, my life was on'a right track. Had ev'ry thin' I wanted. I'had you." Colt smiled, happy to be back through the portal. "Then fer'a few seconds, it looked's if'n Gillman'd torn't all 'way." Colt shook his head, not able to finish the thought. "Well, I reckon he's locked'up naw. And I'm hopin' it says't way. I'd never be able't be separated from y'like't agin."

He gazed whimsically at Doctor Archeville and Fulcrum, remembering that that had been him not too long ago. "Wha's the line? 'I reckon I'm gettin' too old fer this!'" Colt shot Grim a wan smile, trying to lighten his own heart.

The two sat and held each other for what seemed like an eternity.

~fin~