Mangled Metal (OOC)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what I was assuming myself, but I can operate the machine if necessary. Hopefully... :-?

Yea, he can. I was thinking more from an RP stand point of her hesitating just to see the machine do its work. It's a moot point, really. You'll have your full actions next round regardless.

Move action, using Turnabout to move to Destroyer 1 and try and knock it's head loose.

Standard action, adjusting to power-attack -3atk/+3 tough. 1d20+10=13 /flips-off IC. Okay, well no point in letting that HP sit there. 1d20+10=26. Depending on their defense, that's between a 25 and 28 toughness save.

TOU DC 28 (1d20+16=33) Plink.

Please post a corresponding IC for Wisp. Please include the results to save us time.

Destroyer1; 17; Unharmed, Cannon Disabled

Destroyer2; 17; Unharmed, Cannon Disabled

Wisp; 16; HPx1; Unharmed

Kodiak1; 14; Unconscious, Recovery in 8 rounds

Kodiak2; 14; Staggered, Disabled, Prone

Thrude; 12; HPx2; Unconsious, Stunned, Prone

Ferros; 7; HPx1; Unharmed

Fulcrum; 3; HPx1; Unharmed, [-1 Con; Weakness]

The last kodiak is stunned. Thrude is stunned (and shaen has stated he intends to wait at least a round to make a recovery check (though I think the station might give him one anyway, if so, make it any time).

That will bring Ferros up again. He'll burn another HP to stay un-fatigued. Then he'll Melt another bot.

Things I need:

In character post for wisp

Followed by GM/Ferros Posts

Followed by Fulcrum!

Ferros targets Destroyer 2. He gets a REF save DC 20. REF DC 20 (1d20=2) So much fail.

That'll put Fulcrum up. Once she goes back outside, she'll suffer another -1 Con from more exposure (Because I believe it's per round. Feel free to correct me).

Destroyer1; 17; Unharmed, Cannon Disabled

Wisp; 16; HPx1; Unharmed

Thrude; 12; HPx2; Unconsious, Stunned, Prone

Fulcrum; 3; HPx1; Unharmed, [-2 Con; Weakness]

Fulcrum is up.

TOU DC 33 (1d20+16=25) fails by 8, bruised and stunned.

It's a rank 18 attack. His KB is -13. That's 5 ranks of Knockback, or 25 feet. He goes sliding onto the street, and is prone.

Destroyer1; 17; Bruised, Stunned [Fulcrum], Cannon Disabled

Wisp; 16; HPx1; Unharmed

Thrude; 12; HPx2; Unconsious, Stunned [@ initiative 8], Prone

Destroyer is stunned. Wisp! Go!

Wisp's going to stunt a Corrosion 3 effect off her enhanced strength, All-Out and Power Attack to full meaning +9 melee, DC 18 Drain toughness + DC 23 toughness on Destroyer 1.

Free: Above mentioned combat setup. Leaves her attack at +9, her save DCs at +8, and her defense at +8

Move-1: Teleport in

Standard: 1d20+9=15 Thank goodness their defense sucks...

Move-2 (yay Turnabout): Get out of immediate range.

Not that I'm NOT going to allow it, but what's your justification for Corrosion off of enhanced strength? (Good descriptions are a blank check for me usually).

Her enhanced strength is part of her Ultiman heritage-by-super-serum, she's using cosmic energy to boost her strength, though she isn't doing so consciously. This attack will be channeling that, even if she (until her edits go through) doesn't have Cosmic Energy Control for real yet and she's doing it on pure instinct.

Short version, it's an "I didn't know I could do that" cosmic energy punch ripping apart a machine.

Not that I'm NOT going to allow it, but what's your justification for Corrosion off of enhanced strength? (Good descriptions are a blank check for me usually).

I've actually done that very thing before, stunting either Drain Toughness or Corrosion off of Enhanced Strength. I justified it as "using super-strength to break stuff." As far as I'm concerned, this is a textbook example of exactly the sort of thing which makes Enhanced Traits worth it in the first place.

Her enhanced strength is part of her Ultiman heritage-by-super-serum, she's using cosmic energy to boost her strength, though she isn't doing so consciously. This attack will be channeling that, even if she (until her edits go through) doesn't have Cosmic Energy Control for real yet and she's doing it on pure instinct.

Short version, it's an "I didn't know I could do that" cosmic energy punch ripping apart a machine.

That's a great example of "Exactly what I was hoping to hear."

...All-Out and Power Attack to full meaning +9 melee, DC 18 Drain toughness + DC 23 toughness on Destroyer 1.

Free: Above mentioned combat setup. Leaves her attack at +9, her save DCs at +8, and her defense at +8

Move-1: Teleport in

Standard: 1d20+9=15 Thank goodness their defense sucks...

Move-2 (yay Turnabout): Get out of immediate range.

By house rules, a construct like the destroyer gets a REF vs Corrosion. REF DC 18 (1d20=9) He fails by nine, but as a drain effect, it can only drain a number of ranks from his Toughness at a maximum of the rank of the corrosion which is three, so he loses three toughness (Shaen, correct me if I'm wrong...)

Then comes the TOU save at -3: TOU DC 23 (1d20+12=18) He fails by 5 again. He's bruised and stunned again.

Kodiak 2 lumbers to it's feet. Staggered as it is, that's all it can do.

Destroyer1; 17; Bruisedx2, Stunned [Wisp], Cannon Disabled, TOU Drained -3

Wisp; 16; HPx1; Unharmed

Kodiak1; 14; Unconscious, Recovery in 7 rounds

Kodiak2; 14; Staggered, Disabled

Thrude; 12; HPx2; Unconsious, Prone

Shaen, you're up. Recovering is a Full Action, but you'll still have the ability to surge after that, so I don't just want to bypass you entirely. Thrude seems like the type that would want to get back in the action asap. Also, how does being knocked unconscious interact with raging?

I need an IC post from Wisp!

Stunt uses Extra Effort. So Wisps hands would still be glowing. Not sure if that matters to you for descriptive purposes. She'll be fatigued at the top of the round unless she clears it with a HP.

The alternative is spending the HP now, and grabbing the AP as a Heroic Feat. This means that her hands will NOT still be glowing like your description says, and your new power will NOT last until next turn for another possible use.

Just let me know which one you're actually doing.

Wisp; 16; HPx1; Unharmed, will be fatigued next round from EE

Updated to reflect the above. Thrude is still up.

Wisp; 16; HPx1; Unharmed, will be fatigued next round from EE

Updated to reflect the above. Thrude is still up.

I meant that I had no more HPs, not that I wasn't spending it. Should have worded that better.

Burning a HP to get rid of a Stunned condition and burning a HP for a damage Recovery check are both listed under the "Recovery" heading on the list of Hero Point uses. Thus, they are considered the same use of a HP. And you can only burn one HP per use per round. If Thrude burns a HP to get rid of her Stunned condition, then she can't burn another one in the same round to try to recover from Unconscious. So she's laying there for a round either way. So I'll just wait out the Stun. Next round, she'll burn a HP and take the Full Action to Recover.

Rage doesn't say anything one way or the other about what happens if you get KO'd while it's still up. It doesn't require any actions to maintain, so it's not like a Sustained-duration power. I'll just leave it up to you, Mr. Game Master, whether or not it's been "beaten out of her."

Rage doesn't say anything one way or the other about what happens if you get KO'd while it's still up. It doesn't require any actions to maintain, so it's not like a Sustained-duration power. I'll just leave it up to you, Mr. Game Master, whether or not it's been "beaten out of her."

Sorry, I must have been getting ahead of myself. So she's no longer stunned. But still can't do anything. And I think the rage can stay (if you want it to), because I'd imagine getting clocked would make her wake up in even more of a bad mood ;)

And sorry, Azuth, I must have miscounted.

That puts Ferros up again. He'll melt the Kodiak and put it out of it's misery. Fulcrum can follow him (taking another -1 Con at the start of her action).

Wisp; 16; HPx0; Unharmed

Fulcrum; 3; HPx1; Unharmed, [-3 Con; Weakness]

Lemme just make sure I've got the timing straight.

Thrude KO'd a robot last round, right?

Then another robot took its turn, after hers, and KO'd her. She failed by a lot, so she was rendered Unconscious, and Stunned for 1 round (the latter happens if you fail by 5+, independent of any other damage conditions; it's a separate thing).

Thrude's action this round came around, but she was Stunned, so she couldn't do anything.

Her Stunned condition lifts at the start of that robot's next turn, after her turn, right before it gets to act.

So she acted last round, she misses this round, and then next round, she'll be able to pop a HP for a Recovery action.

Right?

TOU DC 38 (-2 from Bruises; -3 from TOU Drain) (1d20+11=26)

He fails by 12! That leaves him Stunned (again!) and Staggered.

His Knockback is at -9, That attack was rank 18 (I don't think power attack contributes to knockback, right?)

Meaning he's knocked back 500 feet (25,000ft if Power Attack does contribute).

But before I post reactions, WHY is it rank 38? She has +20 strength, yes? Even her DC block shows a base DC of 35. You power attacked for 5. It should be a base DC 40, right? It wouldn't take any more damage (it be failing by 14, which is still the 10-14 range). But it would increase the distance of the knockback.

Also which compass direction where you aiming at when you administered the smashing?

Please answer this stuff before we move on.

I'm calculating her damage based on her Strength 46 at the beginning of this thread. If you're allowing updates to be retroactive, then yes, her total would be DC 40.

As for compass direction, I didn't really consider that when attacking. I'll say south. Maybe it will go back into the river!

On the other hand, if this robot looks to be flying into a building, hurting people or otherwise destroying stuff, Fulcrum will Interpose (or more likely legal: surge) to catch the thing (ie take the hit). No more collateral damage! Especially caused by the heroes! :D

I asked Shaen in chat, and he recommended not including Power Attack in knockback.

South it is. And with the total being DC 40 (Yes, I'm using the most recent version of every sheet. I don't want to be keeping track of excess numbers), he's actually knocked back 2500 feet. Into the river you say? Sure! Sounds like a pretty epic idea! Go ahead and post an IC description of exactly that happening if you'd like.

Sorry for the delay, the subscription system doesn't seem to like this thread.

Given that Wisp's edits have gone through since last I attacked, two ways I can act.

1) I can bump her stunted corrosion to reflect that she's stunting off a 24PP array.

2) I can do a fresh EE (and take the fatigue that brings) off said 24 points.

Either way, 1d20+9=22. Power and All-outing so Wisp's Defense is +8, DCs are 23 and 28 please.