Mangled Metal (OOC)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Using Move-By Action feat and relying mostly on her Mental cosmic sense for navigation. Has cold environment immunity via Life Support.

I'm assuming her array is set to full Flight 12, otherwise she'll switch it up for the attack run. Even halved from Thrude's storm that's 250,000 feet.

Partial Move: Fly to Kodiak 1

Standard: Punch the bejeezus out of it.

Partial Move: Fly away and begin circling for another bombing run!

All-Out/Power Attack +5/-5 vs Kodiak 1 (1d20+10=30) Bam!

If memory serves, this will be my first critical with Fulcrum! Let's see the confirmation:

Critical Confirm vs Kodiak 1 (1d20+10=25) Out of the park!

DC 43 Toughness save! Str +18, +5 PA, +5 Crit

You don't have to roll to confirm critical hits in M&M. If you roll a natural 20 (or less, with Improved Crit), and you would have hit the target without the "autohit on natural 20" clause, then you got your crit.

Fulcrum loses 1 point of Constitution from exposure to the Daka crystal thanks to her weakness.

That'll bring us back to the top of the round. Destroyers!

The first one moves into range and takes a swipe at Ferros. Both knowing they can take a hit, and seeing as how Ferros just boiled his arm it'll be an all out power attack:

AoA5, PA 5; DC 36 on hit. (1d20+4=5) Swingandamiss! (supposed to be under the destroyers name but I accidentally typed in Ferros).

The second has the same thinking:

AoA5, PA 5; DC 36 on hit. (1d20+4=10) He will also miss (thank god, those saves would have been nasty!)

This means that Wisp is once again up, and the Decimators are no longer stunned!

Destroyer1; 17; Unharmed, Cannon Disabled

Destroyer2; 17; Unharmed, Cannon Disabled

Wisp; 16; HPx1; Unharmed

Kodiak1; 14; Unconscious, Recovery in 10 rounds

Kodiak2; 14; Unharmed

Thrude; 12; HPx1; Unharmed

Decimator1; 8; Bruisedx1

Decimator2; 8; Bruisedx1

Ferros; 7; HPx3; Unharmed, Fatigued at the start of the next turn if he doesn't HP.

Fulcrum; 3; HPx1; Unharmed, [-1 Con; Weakness]

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, haven't had an email notification show up on this one. Wisp is going to shift to -2 atk/+2 def, then activate her basic teleport. She's going to use the power's turnabout to 'port over to Decimator 1, power attack -3 atk/+3tough and take a swing at the machine. 1d20+8=11. Somehow I doubt that hits... After her attempt at an attack, she's going to follow through with the teleport a couple hundred more feet out of reach.

I'll take that as a no. Kodak goes. Ferros has his hands full with two hostiles already on him. Fulcrum is out of the way. Thrude is not even close. Wisp is... on a nearby rooftop. Let's hit her (sorry Azuth!)

Due to the reduced movement, the Kodiak is going to have to charge to make it there. Normally he wouldn't be able to do this with buildings in the way. But he's going to plow right through and get the attack off anyway. Wisp gains an HP!

AoA 5. (1d20+9=12) the attack goes way wide!

IC post incoming.

Wisp; 16; HPx1; Unharmed

Kodiak1; 14; Unconscious, Recovery in 9 rounds

Kodiak2; 14; Unharmed

Decimator1; 8; Bruisedx1

Decimator2; 8; Bruisedx1

Ferros; 7; HPx3; Unharmed, Fatigued at the start of the next turn if he doesn't HP.

Thrude is up next.

• 2 weeks later...

Thrude got an upgrade, so a couple of things changed.

1) Her Divine Power array is now mostly Dynamic. So unlike last month, when she had Flight as a static AP, now her configuration can look like this:

• Flight 5 (250mph) [10PP]

Strike 4 (Feats: Extended Reach [10ft], Improved Critical [19-20], Incurable, Knockback 5 [DMG 19], Mighty, Variable Descriptor [bludgeoning, Cold, Electricity, Slashing]) [14PP]

Bludgeoning, Cold, and Electricity are the active Descriptors this round.

10 + 14 = 24PP

2) The Wind component of her Weather Control is more powerful. The penalty for auditory Notice/Search and throwing attacks rises to -4, and it does have a chance of putting out protected flames now. As before, any unprotected flames (stuff the robots set on fire) go out automatically. But now, any protected flames (like the ones in the flamethrowers) have a 50% chance of being snuffed out. So either roll the 50% chance every time one of the robots tries to use their flamethrower, or toss Thrude a HP for a fiat.

Move Action: Thrude activates her Environment Control (Light) power.

Now she's covered in lightning, shedding enough light in a 5ft radius around her to negate the visibility penalties from the storm in regard to Noticing or Searching for her. Any total concealment due to poor lighting in a 5ft radius around her becomes partial concealment, and any partial concealment related to darkness becomes no concealment at all. Needless to say, this also negates the visibility penalties from the storm in regard to her specifically. In other words, nobody suffers a penalty to use a Visual sense to Notice or Search for her, just for everything else.

Free Action: Thrude activates Rage. The countdown begins!

Standard Action: Thrude Charges at Kodiak #2 (the one whom Fulcrum didn't attack).

K2 is only about 1,500ft away, and Flight 5 can cover 2,500ft in a single move action. Thrude will All-Out Attack for +2 ATK / -2 DEF and Power Attack for -2 ATK / +2 DMG. Lethal damage.

Thrude's Attack roll (DC14): 10.

Goddammit. :argh: I'm starting to think I should shift her tradeoffs.

Reaction: Thrude will burn her one Hero Point for a reroll.

Thrude's Attack roll (DC14, HP reroll): 20. That's more like it.

K2 has to roll a DC31 Toughness save.

Thrude's effective damage is 21, so if K2 fails by 5+, it'll also be knocked Prone, back 25 feet (21 - 16 = 5, 5 steps up the Progression Table = 25).

Thrude's Defense is now +2 (DC12) until her next action.

So either roll the 50% chance every time one of the robots tries to use their flamethrower, or toss Thrude a HP for a fiat.

I'm already rolling enough dice in this thread. Take the HP (canceling out the one you just spent).

TOU DC 31 (1d20+16=21) He fails by 10. That will stagger and stun him. He indeed gets the knockback as well (Home Run! :P). Oh right. leathal. Staggered, Stunned, and Disabled. Nasty!

Wisp; 16; HPx1; Unharmed

Kodiak2; 14; Staggered, Stunned, Disabled, Prone

Decimator1; 8; Bruisedx1

Decimator2; 8; Bruisedx1

The Decimators get to go. Unfortunately for Thrude, the robots realize that Ferros is already combatting two, Fulcrum, and Wisp are nowhere near them. Rather than quadruple team one enemy, they're directing their attacks at Thrude.

One tries the Flamethrower. The other tromps in and tries it's Saw.

I don't see any reason NOT to power attack a character at Defense 12 >_>

AoA 5, PA 5; Sawblade; DC 36 on hit. (1d20+4=22) missed a crit by 1!

So, DC 26 Reflex for half vs the Flamethrower. Then DC 32 (or 23 if halved) vs. fire (enhanced by her drawback).

Then DC 36 + autofire 5 = DC 41 hit from the sawblade :o

I forgot how stupid powerful Toughness/Damage shifted characters were. I want one.

Ferros is up next. However, I'll wait for the IC from Thrude, and my own GM response before I start doing his turn.

These things are Constructs. Specifically, they're Constructs without Regeneration. They don't suffer nonlethal damage conditions like Staggered or Unconscious. Any nonlethal damage they take gets converted to lethal (unless the attack can only inflict nonlethal, in which case, they ignore it). And they don't heal damage or drains over time (aside from shaking off a Stunned condition from damage after a round). Once they take damage, they're stuck with it until someone else repairs them.

If they fail a Toughness save, they take an Injury.

If they fail by 5+, they take an Injury and they're Stunned for a round.

If they fail by 10+, they're Disabled. Which, for a Construct, means they stop functioning and become a big paperweight until they're repaired.

If they fail by 15+, they're Destroyed, beyond repair.

That flamethrower forced a Reflex save for 1/2. Therefore, it's a General Area, not a Targeted Area. Therefore, there is no attack roll, so tradeoffs don't apply and it can't have a rank above the robot's PL. We should have caught that in the first post. That fire-based Area Strike can't be higher than rank 11 (rank 12 vs Thrude due to her Vulnerability).

Thrude's Reflex save (DC22): 10. Full damage.

Thrude's Toughness save (DC27): 22. She fails by 5, so she's Bruised and Stunned.

Since the other attack is happening at the same time, I assume those injury results don't apply to it.

Thrude's Toughness save (DC41): 18. She fails by 23, so she's Unconscious, Prone, and knocked back up to 500 feet.

Welp, that was fun while it lasted. At least she took down one robot before she got pasted.

I'll get an IC post up soon.

That flamethrower forced a Reflex save for 1/2. Therefore, it's a General Area, not a Targeted Area. Therefore, there is no attack roll, so tradeoffs don't apply and it can't have a rank above the robot's PL. We should have caught that in the first post. That fire-based Area Strike can't be higher than rank 11 (rank 12 vs Thrude due to her Vulnerability).

Thrude's Reflex save (DC21): 10. Full damage.

Thrude's Toughness save (DC27): 22. She fails by 5, so she's Bruised and Stunned.

Since the other attack is happening at the same time, I assume those injury results don't apply to it.

Thrude's Toughness save (DC41): 18. She fails by 23, so she's Unconscious, Prone, and knocked back up to 500 feet.

Welp, that was fun while it lasted. At least she took down one robot before she got pasted.

I'll get an IC post up soon.

Yea, good catch. My bad. I'll go fix that in the first post in a second. Take an HP for the setback of getting your clock cleaned. No extra damage from knockback or hitting buildings or what have you. I'm both lazy, and refuse to be mean :) Do you have any concentration duration powers that go down when you go unconscious?

Shaen, I just realized something... The first attack stunned you. These robots act independantly, and they can't combined attack those weapons since the rank is too different. So, they could not have attacked simultaneously. If the first attack caused any knockback Thrude will no longer be an applicable target for the second attack. The second Decimator wouldn't be able to reach her.

If that's the case you won't be unconscious...

Shaen, I just realized something... The first attack stunned you. These robots act independantly, and they can't combined attack those weapons since the rank is too different. So, they could not have attacked simultaneously. If the first attack caused any knockback Thrude will no longer be an applicable target for the second attack. The second Decimator wouldn't be able to reach her.

If that's the case you won't be unconscious...

They both attacked on the same Initiative, did they not? That would imply that their attacks landed simultaneously, and thus, were not affected by each other.

After talking with Shaen, we've realized that I was treating transform incorrectly. Weight doesn't matter when I'm attacking thing OTHER than inanimate objects. That said, by the house rules, the robots still get a reflex save. But this time if they fail, they're reduced entirely to slag, not just their limbs one at a time.

Also, thing's aren't looking so hot for the heroes, so it's time for Ferros to pull out the stops. He's going to surge again.

Ref DC 20 vs Transform (1d20=2) Fail.

Ref DC 20 vs Transform (1d20=5) Fail.

Decimator 1 and 2 are done for:

Decimator1; 8; Bruisedx1; Destroyed

Decimator2; 8; Bruisedx1; Destroyed

Fulcrum is up!

Wisp; 16; HPx1; Unharmed

Thrude; 12; HPx2; Unconsious, Stunned, Prone

Ferros; 7; HPx2; Unharmed, Fatigued at the start of the next turn if he doesn't HP.

Partial Move: Fly in to Thrude

Standard: Pick up Thrude

Partial Move: Fly her to the infirmary

Free: Alert Vince of incoming emergency

Free: Lay Thrude down (Drop an item)

If laying her down is a move action (Manipulating Object), she'll do that next round. Which probably is the case since Fulcrum is worried about her friend being badly hurt and would be as gentle as possible.

:raise:

Woops! Fixed it!

I won't nit-pick you. You can either make it a free action or a move action. It's your choice. Either way, it's likely you'll be staying next round to operate the machine anyway :P

Fulcrum will suffer another -1 Con this round from exposure to the gem.

That'll bring the destroyers back up. I'll handle that next post.

EDIT: Correction. She suffers another -1 when the kodiak comes up again.

The destroyers go. Wisp, Fulcrum, and Thrude are now too far away to hit. Ferros is the only available target. Ferros' DEF is still reasonably high this turn. They'll all out attack to try and ensure they land a hit, but they'll forgo power attacking.

All Out Attack 5 vs Ferros DEF 20; DC 31 on hit. (1d20+9=17) Miss.

All Out Attack 5 vs Ferros DEF 20; DC 31 on hit. (1d20+9=14) Miss.

Getting really lucky here. After those two whiff, it's Wisp again. The destroyers are the only things left standing currently. One last kodiak is still alive, but severely disabled on the ground. Both of the Destroyers are in melee with Ferros.

Wisp; 16; HPx1; Unharmed

Ferros; 7; HPx2; Unharmed, Fatigued at the start of the next turn if he doesn't HP.