Damn! Ninjas! (OOC)

HP opportunity for Overclock if he decides to warn/stop the policemen rather than entering the fight (He won't act until the second round of the fight).

Everyone roll initiative, and join the fight whenever you can.

(16:07:04) quotemyname: You'll have to stop them before they enter the building. Otherwise they enter at the same time, and put themselves at risk ;)

(16:07:31) quotemyname: Essentially, the cops are at the top of the initiative order. You can either stop them, or follow them in.

BTW, for the baddies I am using:

Black/White Ninja: Fixer (Instant Superheroes 6) He loses the gun, HQ, and Car. He gains a Ninja cycle (same as car but smaller), and Katana (Strike 2 Mighty instead of Blast 4) Arrayed with Shurikens (blast 2 Mighty, range 30ft). I'm using the extra points created by these edits and dropping Attack Focus Melee for straight up ranks in Base Attack so that he'll hit caps with both weapons.

Ninja Mooks: PL6 Martial Artist (Instant Superheroes 80). No edits.

Additionally, all Ninja in this thread have the "Ninja Vanish" power as seen below:

"Ninja Vanish" Obscure 2 (All Visual; Extras: Linked [+1] to Teleport, Independant) [8pp] and Teleport 1 [2pp]

It's a simple 10pp upgrade and shouldn't break things too much, I feel. If anyone objects, please say so and I can change things.

That's correct. They won't be "there in time" as I just assumed you'd be teleporting directly into the building. Besides, I think it will be more fun for the brand new hero to do that. Also, I'll make sure there's opportunities directed specifically at you as well :)

That was just a descriptive post to start the combat off. I'm treating that, and the tossing of the book as White's initiative. Wisp, you're up.

EDIT: just an FYI the minion ninjas are NOT real people or anything. They're some sort of conjuration of shadow and darkness or whatever. They're officially "acceptable targets" for lethal damage.

MINI GAME TIME!

We have unbalance PLs in this thread, so here's how this is going to work. The mook ninjas are endless. Literally endless. They're like hydra heads. You kill one and 50 more fill it's place. That is like hydra heads, right? right?

Here's the game. The re spawning they do takes a lot out of them. They're only able to make attacks on a round when none of them have been 'killed'. Otherwise the spend they're turn refilling their ranks and rattling their uh... katanas and such.

So if you keep downing mooks you have nothing to fear from them. However, if you let a round pass where you don't down any of them, all hell's gonna break loose. I mean it. Don't let that happen. They are very easy to kill, so just make sure you're killing at least about ten of them every round and everything will work out okay.

The white and black ninja are really the high profile targets here. You need to down them to 'win'.

After all of this hubbub over messed-up team orders, I solve thusly. Clock Delays his turn in the initiative order until after Wisp.

After she goes for Messers White and Black, Overclock Takes 10 with an attack of +8; making an 18, All Out Attack for +5 Attack, -5 Defense. Following that, we then have a Power Attack for +4 Damage, -4 Attack, leaving with a +19 Attack and 3 Defense for the round, and makes his attacks a DC 27 Toughness. Add Takedown Attack 2 and Speed 18 for a LOT of 5-foot steps, and those ninjas learn the difference between them and a twue mastah of kung fu. ;)

Wisp is going to go ahead and power attack down from +13 to +8 then take-10 on her AE attack for the mooks. They now all most make DC 27 toughness saves. Which they can't make... Minions fall down.

Okay, new plan.

Hide-in-plain-sight check, 1d20+15=34

Attack, 1d20+8=16, +5 for tradeoff correction = 21

DC 25 toughness save from the non-mook ninjas please.

(10:13:05) quotemyname: Their notice sucks, so they can't beat that.

(10:16:22) quotemyname: FF their Defense drops to +7 so you hit by 4. increasing your DC by 2. So it's DC 22+2 = 24

(10:16:26) quotemyname: Not 25.

(10:16:53) Azuth65: Must have fat-fingered that one.

(10:17:13) quotemyname: Also, apparently these guys have Defensive Roll 3. Which works different on our site, so I'm just going to swap that for straight up protection 3 to make things easier.

TOU DC 24 (1d20+6=9) Exactly 15? :( No first round KO's. Sorry. Take an HP. He's fine.

Black TOU DC 24 (1d20+6=19) Black however, is bruised and stunned.

For dramatic awesomeness, he'll go flying about 50 feet which is enough to make him fly straight into the T-Rex statue which collapses around him. No extra damage or anything, though. I'm lazy and those calculations would be ugly.

After all of this hubbub over messed-up team orders, I solve thusly. Clock Delays his turn in the initiative order until after Wisp.

After she goes for Messers White and Black, Overclock Takes 10 with an attack of +8; making an 18, All Out Attack for +5 Attack, -5 Defense. Following that, we then have a Power Attack for +4 Damage, -4 Attack, leaving with a +19 Attack and 3 Defense for the round, and makes his attacks a DC 27 Toughness. Add Takedown Attack 2 and Speed 18 for a LOT of 5-foot steps, and those ninjas learn the difference between them and a twue mastah of kung fu. ;)

Okay, that works. To speed things up I'm just going to include the results in my GM post.

Myrmidon has given up his first round this combat to save the officers. You're a gentleman and a scholar, sir. That means it will be Wisps turn once more after I drop the GM post. Since Overclock delayed until after her, that's where he acts for the rest of the combat.

The cloud of dust kicked up by the wrecked Tyrannosaurus Skeleton is acting like an obscure effect for the time being! :twisted: That attack will miss. Take an HP for the set-back.

You will find that I give these things out A LOT when I GM. I feel that it promotes my heroes doing awesome things! Feel free to make your IC post.

That'll bring up Overclock. But I still need a save from you, Quinn!

Toughness check! (1d20+8=18) Aaand I think he's just Bruised (I can't remember the TOU save >.<), but if he's Stunned I'll burn an HP to keep him on his feet.

Now, note that he's only been operating at a small percentage of his speed, 25 MPH. (That's 5 5-foot steps each time he goes ballistic throughout the minions). However, now he's in full fight mode. Which means his adrenaline's up. Which means...he cranks it up. From Speed 2 to...well, the lowest Speed setting he can go to and still reach Mr. White, same Minion sweep as before, but this time he goes for broke on his last attack and shows Mr. White how to really use kung fu. Same All Out Attack combo as before, except a) Charging for an extra +2 Attack (but reducing his Defense to +1, OW.) and B) cranking the Power Attack up to +5.

Overclock goes for the jaw! Charging (+2 Attack, -2 Defense), All Out Attack (+5 Attack, -5 Defense), Power Attack (+5 Damage, -5 Attack)! (1d20+10=22) Aw yeah. DC 28 Toughness save from Mr. White, please.

Stunned is correct. HP use is kosher.

That attack misses, actually (DEF +14).

Updated Initiative/Status

White 23 -- Unharmed

Wisp 15 -- HPx4 -- Unharmed

Overclock 15 -- HPx2 -- Bruised x1

Mooks! -- Minions!

Myrmidon 13 -- HPx4 -- Unharmed

Black 12 -- Bruised x1

As the mooks will spend their turn reforming, it'll be Myrmidon's turn. But first I need an IC from Quinn, and then I'll chime in with my GM post.

Myrmidon

Summon Weapon (Free Action):

Van De Graff Pistol - Paralyze 5 (Extras: Ranged, Alt Save [Fort]; Drawbacks: Reduced Range [5 70ft Range Increments, 350ft Max Range], Feats: Precise) - 15 pp

He then EE for an AP of his duplicate power (standard action): Myrmidon now is fatigued, so he blows and HP to remove it.

Duplication 7 (Extras: Horde; Flaws: Tiring; Power Feats: Absorption Healing, Mental Link, Progression x3 [10 Duplicates])

He commands his duplicates (move action) to aid Wisp with aid another in engaging the black ninja. They have Teamwork 3, so each one that succeeds (DC 10 check) will give Wisp a +5 to attack vs. the Black Ninja.

Duplicates

They are all armed with the above weapon (free action), and aid another to Wisp in attacking the black ninja (standard action). Their Move Action is used up moving into position.

Dupe Attack Rolls - 8 out of 10 Succeed. Wisp has a +40 to Attack the Black Ninja

Black will delay until after White.

White will step in, and hack at the minions. He'll power attack 5, giving him a +10 to hit. He needs a 16 to hit. He's got takedown 2 and can get all of them. I'm making all the rolls at once to speed things up. If he misses, or they pass, the attacks stop. If he gets all 10, he'll peel into Wisp.

Attack vs. Dupe (DC 16); TOU vs Attack (DC 25); (1d20+10=21, 1d20+6=18, 1d20+10=23, 1d20+6=11, 1d20+10=21, 1d20+6=16, 1d20+10=27, 1d20+6=23, 1d20+10=11, 1d20+6=23, 1d20+10=29, 1d20+6=20, 1d20+10=21, 1d20+6=23, 1d20+10=18, 1d20+6=18, 1d20+10=25, 1d20+6=17, 1d20+10=26, 1d20+6=14) Only one of those attacks would miss. Fiat for a re-roll. I want these things gone. HP to Myr.

fiat re-roll (1d20+10=26) it hits. it dies.

On Wisp: Attack vs. Wisp DEF 23 DC 25 on hit (1d20+10=17) Miss!

Black uses Instant Up (free action), then uses a move action to pick up the book which he can now see amid the clearing dust. He'll "Ninja Vanish", as a second move action, and hide as part of said Move Action.

I'm giving them a +2 Circumstance bonus for being Ninjas. I didn't upgrade their stealth at the beginning of the thread, but let's be honest, it should really be higher than it is. I'll just settle for this in fairness.

Stealth! (1d20+15=25) That'll serve. There's now an obscure cloud in that area. Anyone there (Wisp, Overclock, Dupes) will need to move out of it before they can roll Notice to see where he's gone as it blocks their LOS.

White 23 -- Unharmed

Black 22 -- Bruised x1

Overclock 15 -- HPx1 -- Bruised x1

Mooks! -- Minions!

Myrmidon 13 -- HPx4 -- Unharmed, Fatigued

Wisp!

Okay, move action, bamf out of the cloud. 1d20+14=34.

Wisp: I spy with my little eye, something about to get his ass kicked.

Post-noticing, 1d20+13=32. And since I don't want to waste this chance, power stunting improved critical onto the AE-goonsweep attack. Ninja-Black now needs a DC 30 toughness save.

Also, any mooks in range have this too, should have made that clear.

You find him hiding with his back to the wall just around the corner of one of the upstairs hallways. So, unfortunately (is it?) there are no mooks in that area to sweep.

However, you do give him a good crack upside the head. Black's been bruised before this, so his TOU suffers appropriately.

TOU vs DC 30 (crit). (1d20+5=16) Wow, he just barely clings to life, but that'll leave him stunned and staggered! Good job, Wisp!

Black ninja drops the book he was holding, and goes flying even further down the hall into a display case at the end, smashing it and falling prone near the wall.

Go ahead and post your IC wisp. Feel free to include all this info so I don't have to waste a post on it.

White 23 -- Unharmed

Black 22 -- Bruised x1, Staggered, Stunned @ 15, Prone

Overclock 15 -- HPx1 -- Bruised x1

Mooks! -- Minions!

Myrmidon 13 -- HPx4 -- Unharmed, Fatigued

Overclock!