Weird form of Blast power

Heritage

So I finally have an idea for a villain I like, Red Queen the Irish witch, and I came up with this odd sort of Blast power I wanted to run by folks. The idea came to me as a visual: doing a hit with a silenced pistol, minus the actual pistol. RQ would get behind someone, touch the back of their head with her finger, and then Paff!, they're dead. I was thinking of doing this with a Penetrating Blast with one level of Subtle but Range dropped down to Touch, so there would still be a flash, a bit of noise and a lingering stench of brimstone, and of course a corpse.

I know a Touch-based Blast is kind of weird, but I love this concept so much - is there a better way to do this?

So I finally have an idea for a villain I like, Red Queen the Irish witch, and I came up with this odd sort of Blast power I wanted to run by folks. The idea came to me as a visual: doing a hit with a silenced pistol, minus the actual pistol. RQ would get behind someone, touch the back of their head with her finger, and then Paff!, they're dead. I was thinking of doing this with a Penetrating Blast with one level of Subtle but Range dropped down to Touch, so there would still be a flash, a bit of noise and a lingering stench of brimstone, and of course a corpse.

I know a Touch-based Blast is kind of weird, but I love this concept so much - is there a better way to do this?

Well, I think a touch-based blast is really just a strike.

Yeah, I wasn't sure about that either; the tricky thing I see her doing things like holding her finger under someone's jaw in a threatening way, and then choosing whether or not to blow the guy's head off, which feels more like a Blast than a Strike in operation.

Also I see I misread Subtle, so she wouldn't actually have that feat if we went that route.

Yeah, I wasn't sure about that either; the tricky thing I see her doing things like holding her finger under someone's jaw in a threatening way, and then choosing whether or not to blow the guy's head off, which feels more like a Blast than a Strike in operation.

Also I see I misread Subtle, so she wouldn't actually have that feat if we went that route.

Well, the other option is you get completely away from calling it strike or blast and come up with your own name and just give it the Damage effect, and add feats and extras as appropriate.

Good point - I guess I would call it something like 'Magic Bullet.' I'll look through the corebook and UP a bit more.

Well, the other option is you get completely away from calling it strike or blast and come up with your own name and just give it the Damage effect, and add feats and extras as appropriate.

Good point - I guess I would call it something like 'Magic Bullet.' I'll look through the corebook and UP a bit more.

I see what you're saying. "Strike," as a name, just doesn't feel right, but it really is just the Damage effect with touch range. "Blast" is the Damage effect with ranged range. A "Strike" power could be a sword, a "death touch," an electric shock delivered by touch. The descriptors are up to you.

I see what you're saying. "Strike," as a name, just doesn't feel right, but it really is just the Damage effect with touch range. "Blast" is the Damage effect with ranged range. A "Strike" power could be a sword, a "death touch," an electric shock delivered by touch. The descriptors are up to you.

Also, you might want to think about kind of damage you want to do. Will it just be a straigh Toughness save for the victim, or will it be a Will or Fort save?

It would be straight Toughness, I think - it's basically a kinetic blast of power she generates in her fingertip with roughly the same amount of force as like a .38 revolver, maybe a little weaker. I really like the idea that it is very short range, so it pretty much has be applied at the point of contact.

Also, you might want to think about kind of damage you want to do. Will it just be a straigh Toughness save for the victim, or will it be a Will or Fort save?

It would be straight Toughness, I think - it's basically a kinetic blast of power she generates in her fingertip with roughly the same amount of force as like a .38 revolver, maybe a little weaker. I really like the idea that it is very short range, so it pretty much has be applied at the point of contact.