Something in the Water (IC)

Raveled

"It's a corrosive biological, biochemical, or chemical weapon of some sort they were about to distribute into the water supply." John remarked blandly. "I would suggest still looking around as someone has told these men to do this, as I have not seen one yet with command abilities."

While Steam ogled the chemical, John kept a watchful eye on the surroundings, just in case.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lord Steam arched one eye at Myrmidons statement. He was about to retort with some witticism about stating obvious facts, but decided that it would serve little purpose. The man seemed somewhat dry...

"Yesss...." he replied in a rather drawn out tone. "Indeed, definitely biological, biochemical, or chemical... as opposed to...something else that escapes me at this moment..."

he coughed slightly.

"In any case, your observation that there is no commander to this operation is well received and pertinent..."

Military man? he asked himself... he had the demeanour and efficiency of one...

"...we need to track down where these chemicals came from. Either by distribution, or by trail. I imagine they transported them here, rather than manufactured them on site!"

• 2 weeks later...

"Okay, buckos, I'm going for the police. This first barrel alone is worth a HAZMAT team, right?" added Animus as he limped over to the group. His nose pinched up at the stuff's smell.

Tapping his gecko "tattoo", he grimaced in pain and hopped on his good leg until a chunk of copper-jacketed slug popped out of his wound. The wound then quickly began to seal. Testing his leg gently, Animus stood proudly and took a deep breath.

"What a beauty that gecko. Best investment I made stalking that thing," he said before turning to the others. "I'll be back in no time. Don't get yourselves mauled while I'm gone!"

With that and the touch of his parrot symbol, the surfer flapped away toward the city as remarkable speed. He flashed a peace sign before disappearing over the tree tops.

GM

The Australian hero bounded over the concrete wall and quickly disappeared, leaving the duplicating soldier and the Victorian detective to handle the rest of the situation. Without his keen nose the going was slower, but through a combination of Myrmidon's many eyes and Lord Steam's steampunk spectrometer, they made their way back to the trail they had followed and proceeded through the plant.

Before long one of Myrmidon's scouts signaled for a halt and the heroes stopped to examine the situation. The area they were looking at seemed to be the administrative hub of the entire complex; in addition to a low tangle of concrete buildings, there were several detached railcar-style offices, set on cinder blocks. A number of shabbily-dressed criminals prowled around, armed with pistols or make-shift rifles. As they watched, a quartet of the criminal hobos ducked into one of the railcars and emerged with several civilians, their hands bound in duck-tape, and frog-marched them into the main building.

"Ruffians!" said Lord Steam "Filthy, scabby underclass!"

He scrunched up his nose.

"Ooh, I can smell them from here. They need a good hose down, a thrashing, and a spot of military service, the lot of them. Give them a bit of discipline. Look at them, the vermin!"

He clenched his cane.

"Preying on the descent working class folk!"

He shook his cane passionately at the crooks.

"*Ahem*" he coughed. "Anyway, I say we give these deliver these chaps a good helping of comeuppance. And, I suppose we should probably work out what on earth they are up to..."

John surveyed the scene, taking in the number of foes and the hostages. He would have ordinarily favored taking on all of these vagrants outside before moving in, but the addition of hostages stayed his action for the time being. But for them to be taking hostages to the building that meant that either 1.) making them talk with whoever was there since or 2.) bringing them to a place for easy disposal of their corpses. That left only one course of action. They needed to get inside the main building before this could escalate even more, which it would when the police and Hazmat arrived.

"We have got to get inside the main building. Suggestions?" He asked of his coiffed comrade.

"As much as I am loathe to admit it, only one plan springs to mind..." replied Lord Steam. "Disguise! using those fithy clothes on those chaps back there, dressing up in them, and sneaking in. All those mongrels down there look the same, and in this light, it should work. "

"Obviously, the prospect of me, Lord Steam, dressing up like that is far too disgusting to even contemplate. But please allow me to find some boots that will match your foot size..."

• 2 weeks later...

Myrmidons' helmeted head shook in the negative. "Focused too much on the minutiae. Just need to fool them for a few seconds. A pair of pants, a large coat or hoodie jacket should suffice." While John agreed that a impromptu disguise might get them in, he was no going to change out of his costume. Had the other man ever tried to run in shoes that were not his or attempt stealth with ill-fitting clothes? "I would also point out that you will need a disguise too, that is. Or you are staying here?"

"I could not possibly wear such filth!" replied Lord Steam, aghast at the prospect of even a solitary item of tramp clothing next to his fine clothes.

"No, I can be a captive!" he suggested. "And you can capture me! With a bit of luck, that means we will be directed to the rest of the captives. After all, we still don't know where they are inside. All it needs is some clever knots around me wrists, and I can slip free in a moment!"