Deja Vu (OOC)

Barnum

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry about that; I made a mistake calculating the damage. I'm using the Stunning Attack feat and the DC should be 14.

In case we need to roll for initiative, my result is [http]19.

Okay, then the goon is only dazed for 1 round and no opportunity for Take Down Attack. I'll add him back to the map.

For future reference, it is never advantageous to use Stunning Attack against minions. Stunning Attack has a lower DC than the toughness save (by 5 points), and in order to get a KO, they have to fail by 10 or more. In order to KO a minion with a normal attack they only need to fail the toughness save by 1. By the same token it is *much* harder to get to use Take Down Attack while using stunning attack (since they have to fail by 10 or more to be unconscious and thus trigger the Take Down Attack).

Sorry about that; I made a mistake calculating the damage. I'm using the Stunning Attack feat and the DC should be 14.

In case we need to roll for initiative, my result is [http]19.

Okay, then the goon is only dazed for 1 round and no opportunity for Take Down Attack. I'll add him back to the map.

For future reference, it is never advantageous to use Stunning Attack against minions. Stunning Attack has a lower DC than the toughness save (by 5 points), and in order to get a KO, they have to fail by 10 or more. In order to KO a minion with a normal attack they only need to fail the toughness save by 1. By the same token it is *much* harder to get to use Take Down Attack while using stunning attack (since they have to fail by 10 or more to be unconscious and thus trigger the Take Down Attack).

Exactly which goon are you taking on? We need some numbers, man! ;)

In my last post, Nightrival is abandoning goon #11 and leaping inbetween #12 and #3 to use Takedown Attack. I thought it was a new round (the goons opened fire and missed) and now I was attacking anew with another attack roll. :)

For future reference, it is never advantageous to use Stunning Attack against minions.

Yeah, that was a lesson I had to learn. :D

Exactly which goon are you taking on? We need some numbers, man! ;)

In my last post, Nightrival is abandoning goon #11 and leaping inbetween #12 and #3 to use Takedown Attack. I thought it was a new round (the goons opened fire and missed) and now I was attacking anew with another attack roll. :)

For future reference, it is never advantageous to use Stunning Attack against minions.

Yeah, that was a lesson I had to learn. :D

Got it. I'm posting now (while making lunch). :D

Got it. I'm posting now (while making lunch). :D

Nightrival:

4, 9, and 1 are aiding 5. (1d20 5=9, 1d20 5=18, 1d20 5=19)

2 were successful, so 5's attack against Nightrival is at +9 (instead of +5).

5's attack on Nightrival. (1d20+9=29)

Hit and a critical. The toughness save is DC 24 (+2 Weapon, +2 Str, +5 Critical).

Grim:

7 is shooting at Grim, but can't hit her.

6 is using an area attack (cone) against Grim. The Reflex save DC is 16. The toughness save is 21 (18 if you make the Reflex save).

IC post is in the works.

Nightrival:

4, 9, and 1 are aiding 5. (1d20 5=9, 1d20 5=18, 1d20 5=19)

2 were successful, so 5's attack against Nightrival is at +9 (instead of +5).

5's attack on Nightrival. (1d20+9=29)

Hit and a critical. The toughness save is DC 24 (+2 Weapon, +2 Str, +5 Critical).

Grim:

7 is shooting at Grim, but can't hit her.

6 is using an area attack (cone) against Grim. The Reflex save DC is 16. The toughness save is 21 (18 if you make the Reflex save).

IC post is in the works.