Deja Vu (OOC)

Barnum

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yikes, the big man is down, but not for the count! :o

I'm not quite sure what to post for failing the Reflex save but making the Toughness one; do I say she was lightly toasted, but not enough to do more than give her a first degree burn or something? I would appreciate a few pointers!

Yikes, the big man is down, but not for the count! :o

I'm not quite sure what to post for failing the Reflex save but making the Toughness one; do I say she was lightly toasted, but not enough to do more than give her a first degree burn or something? I would appreciate a few pointers!

This question came up a lot in my last game. My opinion is that as long as the system is maintained, the flavor can be as creative as you want. So the system outcome is "unharmed." As far as I am concerned, you can write your post any way you want that gets you "unharmed." Other players felt very strongly that the you have to write exactly the way the dice turned up (near miss, big miss, barely made a toughness save, etc.). I think that creates far more "weirdness" in posts than it helps anything.

This question came up a lot in my last game. My opinion is that as long as the system is maintained, the flavor can be as creative as you want. So the system outcome is "unharmed." As far as I am concerned, you can write your post any way you want that gets you "unharmed." Other players felt very strongly that the you have to write exactly the way the dice turned up (near miss, big miss, barely made a toughness save, etc.). I think that creates far more "weirdness" in posts than it helps anything.

Not three rounds, but you have three stun conditions all on you for this round.

Yikes. :o

Grim, it's time for you do do something big. Like maybe use extra effort to get the take-down attack feat and use a HP (if necessary) to make sure you hit. That way you could probably get two at once. That would certainly get their attention. :)

Grim, it's time for you do do something big. Like maybe use extra effort to get the take-down attack feat and use a HP (if necessary) to make sure you hit. That way you could probably get two at once. That would certainly get their attention. :)

Okay, thanks for the tip - still very new to the system, and this is my first time using extra effort and (knowing the way I roll) a HP. If I read the rules on Takedown right, I would have to go after 5, but would I then go after 9 or 4? It says it has to be within my range as well as five feet of each other, and I'm a little fuzzy; could I move to go after 4, or is 9 close enough to 5? I'm going to assume she goes after the right one, so I will leave it up to you to point her in the right direction, I'm thinking 9 ;)

Okay, thanks for the tip - still very new to the system, and this is my first time using extra effort and (knowing the way I roll) a HP. If I read the rules on Takedown right, I would have to go after 5, but would I then go after 9 or 4? It says it has to be within my range as well as five feet of each other, and I'm a little fuzzy; could I move to go after 4, or is 9 close enough to 5? I'm going to assume she goes after the right one, so I will leave it up to you to point her in the right direction, I'm thinking 9 ;)

Yeah, it looks like 9 is the only other available target for Takedown Attack without moving.

You hit the first guy with a critical and took him out (he can't make the save). You need to roll an attack against the next guy (#9).

Okay, I edited into the same post as a link.

Yeah, it looks like 9 is the only other available target for Takedown Attack without moving.

You hit the first guy with a critical and took him out (he can't make the save). You need to roll an attack against the next guy (#9).

Okay, I edited into the same post as a link.