Deja Vu

Barnum

NightrivalHS.jpg

Now inside, Nightrival holds his breath. With some effort he could possibly render every goon in the parkade unconscious, although they are most likely armed and they look increasingly jumpy. Those two factors make them doubly dangerous. His thoughts go to Grim and he worries, thinking of the incident in the alley a short awhile ago with the two skinheads. Lashing out could place her in danger, but she can take of herself, can't she? She has superpowers. He's been training her. There is a chance she'll catch a bullet in the chaos though. Is she bulletproof?

Man, is this how Master Lee feels all the time? How do ya know when they're ready? He lets out an inaudible sigh. Only one way ta know for sure.

Nightrival crawls off the trailer quietly and deliberately, keeping as low as possible. Edging towards the cab on his hands and feet, he eases himself down to the cold concrete below with delicate finesse. His joints still tremble from his painfully cold trip. He scampers back into the shadows, circling around the crooks off-loading their illicit goods from the truck, flanking them. Nightrival settles behind some debris in the darkness and observes the men for a moment.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The men began unloading the truck. There were evidently crates on the truck, but they had no way to off load them full, so they began emptying them by hand, each man carrying an armful of black, brick-sized packages. They put them in crates stacked against the western wall. The going was slow, but the men hurried. Several of the men, those who seemed like they may be in charge, kept looking at their watches and speaking in low voices. Nightrival distinctly heard one of them men ask about "the African." That name seemed to fill him with fear.

Nightrival had heard of the African before, but last he heard, the African was working for King. Why would King's men be afraid of one of their own. Perhaps something else was going on here . . . or perhaps these men didn't work for King at all.

garage1.jpg

The men began unloading the truck. There were evidently crates on the truck, but they had no way to off load them full, so they began emptying them by hand, each man carrying an armful of black, brick-sized packages. They put them in crates stacked against the western wall. The going was slow, but the men hurried. Several of the men, those who seemed like they may be in charge, kept looking at their watches and speaking in low voices. Nightrival distinctly heard one of them men ask about "the African." That name seemed to fill him with fear.

Nightrival had heard of the African before, but last he heard, the African was working for King. Why would King's men be afraid of one of their own. Perhaps something else was going on here . . . or perhaps these men didn't work for King at all.

garage1.jpg

garage1.jpg

NightrivalHS.jpg

The African? What's he doin' here? This is gettin' thicker than Sister Claire's gumbo. Nightrival eases further into the inky shadows and weighs his options. If we move now we can take 'em out, but spookin' 'em could make 'em disappear. This could be an opportunity to clean up the Southside, or a chance to get severely beaten. Or shot. Then there's Grim ta worry 'bout.

He shakes his head and moves from his hiding spot. There's folks dependin' on us. That's all the reason I need.

Sneaking along the eastern wall, Nightrival carefully makes his way to a parked pick-up truck nearby. He crawls under the truck and creeps along the margins of the lights glaring in the corner of the lot. Nightrival then stalks to the edge of the western wall, his back pressed against the corner. From this perspective, he can clearly see the stacked crates. He peeks around the corner and waits for a lone crook to load a package.

NightrivalHS.jpg

The African? What's he doin' here? This is gettin' thicker than Sister Claire's gumbo. Nightrival eases further into the inky shadows and weighs his options. If we move now we can take 'em out, but spookin' 'em could make 'em disappear. This could be an opportunity to clean up the Southside, or a chance to get severely beaten. Or shot. Then there's Grim ta worry 'bout.

He shakes his head and moves from his hiding spot. There's folks dependin' on us. That's all the reason I need.

Sneaking along the eastern wall, Nightrival carefully makes his way to a parked pick-up truck nearby. He crawls under the truck and creeps along the margins of the lights glaring in the corner of the lot. Nightrival then stalks to the edge of the western wall, his back pressed against the corner. From this perspective, he can clearly see the stacked crates. He peeks around the corner and waits for a lone crook to load a package.

NightrivalHS.jpg

Grim cautiously moves further into the warehouse along the western wall, looking to get a better view of the proceedings; with her amazing eyes, the room appears well-lit, but she still has to strain her senses to locate Nightrival. At least she has a better look at the unloading operation now.

I bet those bricks are the drugs...wait, it was drugs we were looking into, wasn't? I need to spend less time think about Ren and more time paying attention during the briefings. :roll:

She looks at the crates, and stokes her invisible chin with an invisible finger.

I wonder if I should try and grab one of those bricks as, like, evidence, but would that be admissible in court?

Grim quietly moves as close to the crates as she can, waiting for an opportunity to grab a brick, if she ultimately decides to do so.

Grim cautiously moves further into the warehouse along the western wall, looking to get a better view of the proceedings; with her amazing eyes, the room appears well-lit, but she still has to strain her senses to locate Nightrival. At least she has a better look at the unloading operation now.

I bet those bricks are the drugs...wait, it was drugs we were looking into, wasn't? I need to spend less time think about Ren and more time paying attention during the briefings. :roll:

She looks at the crates, and stokes her invisible chin with an invisible finger.

I wonder if I should try and grab one of those bricks as, like, evidence, but would that be admissible in court?

Grim quietly moves as close to the crates as she can, waiting for an opportunity to grab a brick, if she ultimately decides to do so.

NightrivalHS.jpg

Nightrival's eyes appear almost predatory when he sees a single crook load a package into a crate, and another turning away. The moment to strike appears to him like an old memory resurfacing to the forefront of his mind, feeling a blend of accomplishment and joy as a result.

He cautiously edges closer to his target and then whips his hand at the crook like a lightning-fast cobra. Nightrival homes in on his neck and digs his middle and index finger into the unsuspecting goon's carotid artery.

NightrivalHS.jpg

Nightrival's eyes appear almost predatory when he sees a single crook load a package into a crate, and another turning away. The moment to strike appears to him like an old memory resurfacing to the forefront of his mind, feeling a blend of accomplishment and joy as a result.

He cautiously edges closer to his target and then whips his hand at the crook like a lightning-fast cobra. Nightrival homes in on his neck and digs his middle and index finger into the unsuspecting goon's carotid artery.

NightrivalHS.jpg

Grim is staring intently at the stomach of the unsuspecting goon hovering right in front of her, and it is such a tempting target, but she doesn't want to do anything impulsive...until she hears a quick rapid motion, surprisingly close by, that could be her mentor going in for the kill. Or is it?

Ah, to heck with it, that's good enough for me.

The camouflaged heroine smiles to herself, flexes her clawed fingers, and launches into an extremely cheap shot aimed at the thug's midsection.

Yep, I'm a bad girl.

Grim is staring intently at the stomach of the unsuspecting goon hovering right in front of her, and it is such a tempting target, but she doesn't want to do anything impulsive...until she hears a quick rapid motion, surprisingly close by, that could be her mentor going in for the kill. Or is it?

The camouflaged heroine smiles to herself, flexes her clawed fingers, and launches into an extremely cheap shot aimed at the thug's midsection.

Yep, I'm a bad girl.

Yep, I'm a bad girl.

Nightrival and Grim both struck at nearly the same time, the armed soldiers both crumpled under the attack.

"What the . . ."

The bosses were the first to notice the downed members of their crew. They spotted Nightrival lurking in the shadows. Instantly, they raised their weapons and began firing at him, but the hero was far too fast. The bullets embedded themselves harmlessly into the walls.

dejavu4.jpg

Nightrival and Grim both struck at nearly the same time, the armed soldiers both crumpled under the attack.

"What the . . ."

The bosses were the first to notice the downed members of their crew. They spotted Nightrival lurking in the shadows. Instantly, they raised their weapons and began firing at him, but the hero was far too fast. The bullets embedded themselves harmlessly into the walls.

dejavu4.jpg

NightrivalHS.jpg

Nightrival clears his mind as soon as the crooks draw their weapons and open fire. Taking advantage of their possible confusion or terror, he springs into the air and comes down seventeen feet away after a double somersault. He stands between two gunmen, and he shoots upwards with an open palm into one crook's chin, then pounds into the adjacent one with a roundhouse kick.

NightrivalHS.jpg

Nightrival clears his mind as soon as the crooks draw their weapons and open fire. Taking advantage of their possible confusion or terror, he springs into the air and comes down seventeen feet away after a double somersault. He stands between two gunmen, and he shoots upwards with an open palm into one crook's chin, then pounds into the adjacent one with a roundhouse kick.