Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Supercape

Suburban Horror (OOC)

Recommended Posts

Etain has something better, anyway, when she gets there, search roll for her to use her magic sight to pick up a trail.

Share this post


Link to post

Sounds good.

Given her analytical senses she can pick up the exact nature of the enchantment. A house is covered in a nullify magic field - one created by a device rather than a spell.

A knowledge Roll (Arcane) may give you more.

In essence however, She wont be able to use her magic in the house.

Perhaps more interesting, the house is full of other magic - within the house there is someting from another realm trying to enter this one...

Share this post


Link to post

This is why she has the sword, and the giant stone gargoyle, take ten on arcane lore for an auto twenty.

Share this post


Link to post

I thought you might like a change of pace with some sword fighting an a big Gargoyle!

Arcane Knowledge:

The nullification field is something to do with horrible chaos dimensions, always shifting. You have heard of some horrible Aztec artifacts that disrupted magic like that, dripped in sacrificial blood - they came as Gold encrusted skulls.

There is a touch of something ghostly going on the house.

Share this post


Link to post

Would you like a roll for gargoyle versus wall, by the way, what type of walls are in this house?

Share this post


Link to post

As time is not pressing, Custos will do it sooner or later. The building is an unremarkable brick and wood house, so I will say toughness 7 exterior walls, toughness 5 interior walls. No rolls necessary at present.

Also: COuld Etain carry painting with her, would be good to keep up dialogue and hints etc.

Share this post


Link to post

Ok, Initiative time.

I can't say Thugs are particularly surprised, neither are you!

THugs initiative 1d20+1=15

These guys are slightly better equipped than your average thug, wearing ballistic vests and carrying silenced heavy pistols. They remain goons, although they look like they have had a little money thrown at them.

Important Stats (nb they are minions)...

Attack +2, Defence +2, Toughness +4, Fort +4, Reflex +1, Will +0, Damage +2 (unarmed), +4 (Heavy Pistol).

Share this post


Link to post

My post is having Changeling already attack.

NO worries, it kind of fits... Ill post Etains attack, which is, I see, a DC 19 Tough Save

1d20+4=7 He is out.

Slight problem here is that as far as I can tell bullets/swords etc do lethal damage (hence you have to use another EP to buy stun amunition for a gun and do non-lethal), and I don't think Etain is a lethal type of character.

Any thoughts on this?

Share this post


Link to post

The correct answer is that all damage is default non-lethal. Etain can kill, but she won't kill humans. You can stab someone and not kill them.

Share this post


Link to post

INteresting, we will go with that then. I wonder what stun ammunition is for then?

Nevertheless, goon is down and I will get to posting.

THe two thugs are going to open fire on Etain and CUstos respectively. Thats some defence bonus Etain has, so only a nat 20 will hit her.

1d20+2=10, 1d20+2=21

Thats a DC 19 toughness save for Custos which looks easy enough. Lethal damage from bullets.

Share this post


Link to post

What can I say, as my power character didn't want to make her too dependant on them, so defensively she stays up to caps regardless. As for Custos 26, yeah, Custos shrugs, and attacks himself. Can minions take ten? I don't think so, so I'll roll, 11, he misses. Etain's turn again, she takes ten, DC 19 for the thug.

Share this post


Link to post

I dont think minions can take 10 against minions, so Custos misses.

Etains victim

1d20+4=9 is another KO.

The last thug will plead for mercy, combat over (unless you are feeling like a safety KO on him...)

Share this post


Link to post

I think you can only persuade once (at least without significant change in circumstance) according to Diplomacy skill in core book. Having said that, an indefferent goon in this situation is still largely putty in your hands!

Share this post


Link to post

Well, she has the information she wants, do you think I should have her ask him to pull along so that he can lead her into the basement, or save that check for another goon?

Share this post


Link to post
Sign in to follow this  

×